Hulfgar's Modpack

Hello GemAye,

no the patch has changed the way the artdefines are loaded and the mod is not compatible with it.
An updated vanilla version of the mod is planned, I am currently converting the files to the new standards, at this time air and sea units are done, land units are the big part!

I plan to have it ready for the end of the week and then switch to G&K.

Hi Bslade,

Glad to hear you :) I was not on the beta for G&K but I have ordered it.

So give me 1 week from next Monday to play and test it and I will begin to convert to mod for it :)

Hey Hulfgar, thx for the reply and I'll be waiting patiently (well no, that's a lie ... ;) ) for the update.

One week sounds good. More than enough time to confirm how much better the game is with your mods!:)

Hulfgar, could you tell me in simple terms what you mean above? :)

I have been trying to play your modpack since the patch and it has worked "okay" but some of the graphics haven't aligned too well. Is that what you mean?

Anyway, I will go back to vanilla until you tell us all is well with the Hulfgar world again.

Hello Cicerosaurus,
with the last patch the mod should work as planned but the custom graphics are not loaded. This means that you will get some spearmen instead of swordsmen, line infantry, tanks,... .

The code to load the graphics has been changed, Gedemon found a solution via SQL lines and I am converting the Artdefine files to have the mod work again.

It is going nicely forward, it's just a long process to do and I have only 2-3 hours per day for this :)

The good news is : I have to do it only once for both mods and with some luck it will be ready for G&K. (But for G&K I will need to adjust the mod to the new techs, the religion,...)

I should get it between tomorrow and monday !

by the way I have all units converted except the heavy and superheavy tanks :)

Hulfgar, Loved this mod and appreciated your help when I struggled. Any idea of when you might be updating for G&K? I am very much hoping you will do so! Thanks for all you dedication to all of the CIV V Mods!!

Hello CCC.

I will work on an update for this mod in about one week :
The industrial modpack is almost ready and I will use it as backbone for the regular modpack.

Thanks for the support :)

Hello Phoenixfredoom,

this mod is not up to date and not compatible with the actual Civ5 version.

if you don't mind stopping in the WW2 era you can use the "Industrial Warfare" mod.

If you have Gods and Kings a compatible version should be ready in 1 week.

Hello, just joined the site but have been using the mod for a few runs and i just have a minor bug report.

in the tech tree where it displays the description of units and buildings i get ALL CAPS text instead of yields and it appears to be values in the code or unintentionally included dialog. may be an installation problem but it is rather annoying. great mod by the way, i am a video game concept designer so if you ever want suggestions on new things to put in i would be happy to help.

Hello Chipathing,

which version of the mod are you using?
If it's the "Hulfgar's Modpack" then it's not compatible with the current version of Civ5 (in fact I lost the compatibility with patch 674) and absolutely not with Gods and Kings.

If you are using G&K it may be the cause of those txt bugs because some units and buildings that are in the mod are now part of Gods and Kings and the text keys are overlapping.

I am working on a compatible version for Gods and Kings (just "finished" to convert the "Industrial Warfare" mod. It should be ready in 1 week. When that is done I will probably work on a compatible version for the current version of Vanilla Civ5.
I say probably because keeping 4 mods up to date is a lot of work!

great mod by the way, i am a video game concept designer so if you ever want suggestions on new things to put in i would be happy to help.

Thanks any help is welcome, feel free to give your ideas and if you have some skills with xml, sql ou Lua another team member would be a great help!

i realize now that i have been using the mod with an incompatible version "would explain why all swordsmen look like spearmen" and i do not have G&K (yet). i just really like the mod.

and about the offer... well when i say concept i literally mean concept, i have codding experience but it was one high school computer coding class and i was not good at it. what i am good at however is spotting where things can be improved and redone on almost any game. for example let's take the very game we're all fans of, CIV5.

*this is only to show were i come into play in a modding community without any codding skills

---game play---
---AI
- there needs to be more clear reasons the AI feels a certain way about the player and allow the player to explain their actions. similar to CIV4 in that there is a leveled rating, (allies to genocidal)
- AI feel too aggressive, feels as though they will take any chance to start a war

---combat
-AI has little to no concept of formations and will frequently send scattered armies that cannot hope to defeat their target, recommend have a few pre-programmed formations for it to use and have a list of requirements that it must fulfill before engaging an enemy (things like having enough troops to take over a city ect)
-AI will start wars very arbitrarily, even if they gave a reason (your lands are rightfully ours! or "you have denounced the people of ---- for far too long" or even "we want to kill you so that we may grow stronger) anything besides just declaring war
-lack of air combat support, things like there being almost no variety in air units or lack of airfields to stage air combat deep in enemy territory

---diplomacy
-lack of options, recommend more variety in options (things like ask for assistance, praise, offer military support and so on)
-AI can turn on a dime between friendly and hostile, recommend more options and variance (things like genocidal, optimistic, desperate, as well as ways to improve relations beyond bribes, things like offering to pay for damages during war, returning stolen settlers or giving the cities they spawned or simply money similar to the Germans repaying Britain after WW1 and WW2
-lack of official alliances, would be interesting to be able to make alliances, similar to defense pacts and declaration of friendship but with more options

---features (new ideas to the game as made up by me)
-nations slowly forgive each other over time, the more that is done however the longer it takes
- ability to put units in reserve, they garrison inside a city but require a turn to activate. this way civs on a budget can still have a defense force.
- when a city is captured the player will receive a random bonus (science, money, culture)
- over time units can cross water far faster, (that way it doesn't take five in game years to cross the Atlantic
- inside the player CIV there are different factions that will demand different things (religious factions will want more culture, science groups, military, populists, merchants etc) they will grant bonuses for a short time if their suggestion is picked or mission accepted
-trade routes: when a civ creates an offshore colony there is a visual trade route that represents the route it takes to get to the nearest port (will change as a faster route shows itself) it can go off and back onto water if necessary (would require a building such as a port which can be built outside of territory) and if occupied by a barbarian or enemy ship will give a part of the income to the enemy faction

i hope this clarifies what i mean by concept designer. i simply create things in my head. i know that is a ridiculously difficult list that would require a large team to do something with it but it was mostly just a presentation. thank you for reading

The Gods and Kings compatible version is ready !

Please see and use the new thread here http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=11720256#post11720256.

Chipathing sorry for not answering to you, I was busy with the mods. Now I will have some time to think about what you wrote :)

Questions to the users of this mod :

Before I work on a Vanilla update to make it compatible with patch 674 is there any interest or are you all using Gods and Kings ?

answering your question i personally think that you should finish up whichever is the most ready though a G&K would be nice. i miss all of the super awesome units

Top Bottom