Goz-1, I left my wallet at home, but...

By the way, how do i use the save? I tried saving it in my saves folder and it shows up but i just can't run it without civ crashing. :(

Lurker's comment: You mean if you load the save in-game Civ crashes?
I tried doing the same, no problem, so the save is not corrupt. Not sure what the issue is then. Is your game able to upload the saves from the other game okay?

Huh? this time it worked just fine, wierd.

Anyway, i have now played the game. I will write a report very soon :)

Turns 0-10

Turn 0: Founding Gao, start researching AH, start producing scout.

Turn 1: Warrior upgraded to spearman by ruin.

Turn 4: 100 gold from ruin.

Turn 5: We meet lizzys scout. We also finish the scout and begin building another one. (I think this is what you guys wanted to do.)
Spoiler :

Turn 8: We find a culture ruin and i choose tradition. We also find London
Spoiler :

Turn 9: AH finishes and research begins on mining. Our scout finds the archery technology from a ruin.

Turn 10:The second scout is finished. Our first scout sees another ruin, i suggest the next player gets it. Gao is ready for another construction project, i thought we might discuss that. Other thoughts are that england is very close, with only some grassland in between. We have to decide if we should use this to our advantage...

Good luck to the next player :)

Attachments

• Askia_0010 BC-3600.Civ5Save
    523.1 KB · Views: 107
Looks good so far.

Settling a city on that river will give us a Cotton, Gold, and Sugar for happiness and it has a couple cows, forest to chop, and maybe even a mountain for an observatory, if needed.

I think Lizzie looks ripe for a conquest. Are we still pushing for early Chivalry and Mandus? I included a screen of Gao so everyone can see that we have 4 horses right next to Gao. The city's next culture expansion is likely going to acquire them. I don't see any other Horses other than the 4 next to London so that is another plus for conquering England.

I think we need to get Liberty next for the Settler and Worker, but having taken Tradition first, it is going to take some time so we may need to consider hard building a worker or settler now. We could also look at a monument. Gao will grow in 3 turns to size 3 so we may want to wait until after that to build a Settler or Worker.

I am home all day today so I can play my turns whenever we are done discussing.:)

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0006.jpg
    Civ5Screen0006.jpg
    407.8 KB · Views: 269
Indeed, if we get 4 mandekalu cavalry by turn 90 then we could just steamroll England, that would be a good plan i think. They are going to be bothersome if we let them continue their existance ;).

I also vote for liberty next. Maybe hard build a worker and go for the free settler?

Mining finishes in 6 turns. What should we research next? Masonry lets us Quarry the Stone by Gao. Pottery allows a Granary and opens Writing, Calendar, and Sailing. Trapping lets us build a Camp on the Fur.

Another thing I just noticed is our UB is the Mud Pyramid Mosque at Philosophy. After we build some cities we could use Legalism to get up to 4 of them for free which will be a nice culture boost.

I would personally go for the national college next, so pottery>writing is what i would do. I agree that the free mosques is a good idea and we should definately aim for that in the future.

I'd go either for masonry to get the Stone production, or for pottery to open the different ways. I usually would go for pottery first, but already having Stone, I'd go for Masonry now. :)

Turn-10: Send just built Scout north from Gao. Start building Monument.

Turn-11: Scout pops ruin and is upgraded to an Archer.

Turn-12: Scout meets Sidon, they have Wine. Spearman uncovers Barbarian Encampment north of London.

Turn-13: Gao grows to size 3.

Turn-14: Scout 2 discovers Grand Mesa and meets Kuala Lumpur, they are Cultural and have Horses and Incense. Spearman meets Belgrade, they have Wine.

Turn-15: Scout 2 meets Ragusa, Maritime with 2 Horses, potentially valuable allies. We can adopt a Social Policy: I grab Liberty.

Turn-16: We have Researched Mining!
Spoiler :

I choose to research Pottery instead of Masonry, we have better tiles to work than the Stone for now. Gao finishes building the Monument and I begin building a Worker.

Turn-17: Move units but nothing happens.

Turn-18: Eventful turn! We meet Alexander, aren't we lucky? His Scout is in the north.
Spoiler :

Archer attacked by wounded Barbarian Brute, Archer kills Brute but loses 5 HP. Archer pops a Ruin which reveals the location of 3 Barbarian Encampments.
Spoiler :

Scout 2 meets Catherine in the north, she already has Writing!
Spoiler :

Turn-19: Scout 2 meets Hiawatha far to the north.
Spoiler :

Here is the situation at the end of my turns:
Spoiler :

We will finish Pottery in one turn, Gao will finish a Worker in 4 turns, we have 4 turns until we can get a policy for a free Settler or Worker and we have 221 gold.

It would appear that most of our opponents are north of us with a 3 CS buffer between them and us.
Spoiler :

Good luck to the next player! :)

Attachments

• Askia_0020 BC-3200.Civ5Save
    547.7 KB · Views: 161
Ok, thanks for not letting me having any input for the second turnset. ;)

But it was what I wanted, still next time, give a guy in a different timezone a chance to whinge?

So now, we have Lizzy ready for taking and as we've got horses next to us, I disregard the ironpath...don't think we would be that lucky to get any iron, if we plop down a city NE of the mountain. But in time we'll get some cotton and a bit later an observatory is never wrong.

If we go for the settler and get the city-site I proposed, then this city will be working the forest only, to pump out a few warriors as the cap will try to build NC, as SLH's suggestions.

Btw, apocalypse dropped out as he got a new and better job and won't find the time to play.

So we're down to a 5-man roster

gozpel -> UP
JK - next
Sparthage (who is quite busy IRL atm, but still wants to play...we give him some leeway)
SLH
jeffah

I'll be playing this tomorrow I hope, but give me some good ideas how to get to chivalry in turn 90. I seem to stray away all the time in my own games, but this game needs focus. :)

Basically what i think we should do is, take the free settler and buy a library in the new city (if not able to hard build one in a reasonable timeframe). Build NC in the cap and then start building horsemen and chariot archers so that they are ready for upgrading when we pop chivalry :)

To make this work optimally we need a bit of gold, that's why I think that our next city should have some luxes for sale (maybe the cotton/gold/sugar to the north?), Also i think maybe the furs will soon be availible to our cap. Another way to make gold is to sell open borders to the AI, where do we stand on this? In my single player games i do it a little, like when i really need the money :)mischief:). If we have a lot of gold we can even ally a city-state with horses.

So build order in cap is following IMO: warrior/archer --> library --> NC

And in the new city: library(buy?) --> monument/military

Ok, thanks for not letting me having any input for the second turnset. ;)

But it was what I wanted, still next time, give a guy in a different timezone a chance to whinge?

Sorry, the timezone thing is messing with me too. :blush: You guys always post in the middle of the night for me and then when I post I don't get any responses. Now that we are getting into the meat of the game we might want to institute a minimum 24 hour discussion period before playing any turns to ensure everyone gets some input.

So now, we have Lizzy ready for taking and as we've got horses next to us, I disregard the ironpath...don't think we would be that lucky to get any iron, if we plop down a city NE of the mountain. But in time we'll get some cotton and a bit later an observatory is never wrong.

If we go for the settler and get the city-site I proposed, then this city will be working the forest only, to pump out a few warriors as the cap will try to build NC, as SLH's suggestions.

Basically what i think we should do is, take the free settler and buy a library in the new city (if not able to hard build one in a reasonable timeframe). Build NC in the cap and then start building horsemen and chariot archers so that they are ready for upgrading when we pop chivalry :)

To make this work optimally we need a bit of gold, that's why I think that our next city should have some luxes for sale (maybe the cotton/gold/sugar to the north?), Also i think maybe the furs will soon be availible to our cap. Another way to make gold is to sell open borders to the AI, where do we stand on this? In my single player games i do it a little, like when i really need the money :)mischief:). If we have a lot of gold we can even ally a city-state with horses.

So build order in cap is following IMO: warrior/archer --> library --> NC

And in the new city: library(buy?) --> monument/military

We will get the free Settler in 4 turns so we should be ready to settle him. I like the spot on the south side of the river next to the mountains. I think we should go Monument->military and buy a Library in that city. I think Archer->Library->NC is good for the Cap.

We are definitely going to need to start trading for gold soon as we aren't really producing much atm. Goz, you should look for the AI's to switch from Neutral to Friendly and sell OB for 50g each once we have Writing. Once we have Philosophy we should try to get Wheel and/or HB for CAs or Horsemen to clear the Barb Camps. Our UA will make this a very profitable endeavor. There are 3 camps south of Gao and a couple north that we might get. Clearing camps should get us the gold needed to upgrade to Mandus as soon as we get Chivalry. Any extra gold we might want to put towards allying with Ragusa as they have 2 Horses and are Maritime. Kuala Lumpur is another good option as they have 4 Horses and Incense and are Cultural.

So far I really like the map. I don't think we have to worry too much about an early invasion as the more aggressive players seem to be kinda far away with a CS buffer between us. The only negative is the distance might make it tougher to make multiple conquests with Mandus.

I forgot to mention that Gao is set to Production focus to get the Monument and Worker done asap, make sure to take that off when the Worker finishes so it can grow.

I am a little bit torn between your suggested city-site and the tile SW of that one. :undecide:

But i like observatory so im with you :)

By the way, i agree that the time zones are messing things up a bit. I'm writing this at 9pm but i'm guessing that jeffah is more like 12am and goz is probably asleep:)

I believe Jeffa is either 2 or 3 pm. :)

No, 1 hour later (Spain)

It is 3:45pm right now. Europe isn't so bad but I think Goz is in Australia so he is like 6 or 7 am right now. If I post in the evening it is midday for him but if he posts in the evening for him it is the middle of the night for me.

Top Bottom