Official Rage Thread

86) 'bombard' and 'found city' have the same hotkey. :mad:

Can you explain that one? I understand what hot keys are--that's not my question. It's were you wanting to bombard a city and founded a city, or trying to found a city and hit bombarb? And who were you playing as? Spain and the unit was a conquistador?

And I'm confused because if meant to bombarb and founded a city, I thought you couldn't found a city within three tiles (or was it two) of another civ's lands.

Or bombarding an enemy unit and suddenly founded a city smack in the middle of the battlefield?

I lost the same wonder three times in row reloading twice several turns back to shave a turn or two off the build time. All three times the competing civ got the wonder on my last turn! AI have been programed to snag wonders just in time.

No, that just shows that the AI doesn't need a spy to see what other cities are up to. He saw you hurrying and was able to hurry by the same amount and still beat you by 1 turn. I've seen this in reverse, my spy would show Wu with 11 turns to a wonder, then I switch a few things around and get my capitol to 10 turns, next turn she goes to building wealth haha.

Can you explain that one? I understand what hot keys are--that's not my question. It's were you wanting to bombard a city and founded a city, or trying to found a city and hit bombarb? And who were you playing as? Spain and the unit was a conquistador?

And I'm confused because if meant to bombarb and founded a city, I thought you couldn't found a city within three tiles (or was it two) of another civ's lands.

Or bombarding an enemy unit and suddenly founded a city smack in the middle of the battlefield?

It's something that just happened to me a little while ago. I had an archer and settler in same tile, I pushed B to shoot a barbarian, and BAM new city >.<

Im guessin that's funny because the archer also has b as a hotkey for bombard action in the archer menu.

ONCE AGAIN!!!!

You make a DOF with an AI and the turn after they bully your city states.

This is BS!

There's not a damn thing I can do about it, except say "you will pay for this," and then the next turn they bully another city state friend of mine.

Can you say "drive your fist through the computer screen"?

So I've been trying to learn how to play this version of Civ, and had the truly stunning experience of a single barbarian horseman riding in from the seas and pillaging 3 resource mines and a plantation before slinking off to the Chinese border to never be seen again. I used to have some defenses over there before I pulled them to fight the Hun.

Also, I got a city from the Hun in a peace deal. It's not building anything, and despite trying a) puppeting, b) hooking up a road, and c) annexing the blasted thing. I am given the cryptic message "-1 policy" when I mouse over some of the yields to try and figure out what is going on. Talk about a massive white elephant.

Also, I got a city from the Hun in a peace deal. It's not building anything, and despite trying a) puppeting, b) hooking up a road, and c) annexing the blasted thing. I am given the cryptic message "-1 policy" when I mouse over some of the yields to try and figure out what is going on. Talk about a massive white elephant.

this is a known bug, and a quite heavy one, yet the devs dont care to fix it.

when you take over a city in a peace deal while it's the AIs turn, the city won't work it's city tile (the one in the center), rendering that city useless.

Err... wish I knew that before I accepted his peace offer. Fortunately, the city is out of revolt now, so at least I'm getting the yields from the other tiles.

Thanks a lot for the gimped city, you Hun b*#$%@. Now I hate you even more.

This is a known bug, and a quite heavy one, yet the devs dont care to fix it. When you take over a city in a peace deal while it's the AIs turn, the city won't work it's city tile (the one in the center), rendering that city useless.

Sometimes I remember to look out for this, I have heard it before. Is this issue tracked in the Confirmed Bugs forum? I could not find it.

I have 3 CS Quests to build Petra (On a Boreal Map), and there is not one Desert tile on the entire map!

One city challenge, my capital has over +40 food and needs pearls for «We love the king day» from the start. No pearls on the map.
I had it once with another lux, but three times with pearls.

Fending off a strong Arab attack. City is at no health, but I am killing any melee unit that tries to climb the hills in front of the city. I look away and back and the city is arab colours and theres a galley that came from nowhere, must have been at least 6 moves and taken the city

rage quit

87) Moving your unit on the build road, the units final movement is blocked by another unit. The unit walks off the road for the last movement point (into mountains or even embarks) just to get back on the road the next turn (and of course loose all the movement in the second turn instead of being already at the destination).

quest to build a road to a CS. ocean and mountains allow for one path, entire road is built except one tile connecting the city. AI has a worker on that tile DOING NOTHING and not moving.

For. 10. Turns. Gaaaaaaah!

Bonus rage move: declare war on on this CS to kill that worker (not capture, kill with artillary: he deserves death for his incompetence) and finish the road. Quest gets cancelled, but IDGAF, the road gets completed and the CS is conquered.

I capture a enemy religions missionary, and decide he is worth keeping around (To Scout or "Heathen Conversion").

10 Turns Later
Oh cool! I have a missionary, and that CS isn't following any...Sweet!

NOO!! Not sweet, forgot it wasn't MY RELIGION, now I have to do double work to knock it out the enemies religion out of that CS....Dumb Ass!

I capture a enemy religions missionary, and decide he is worth keeping around (To Scout or "Heathen Conversion").

10 Turns Later
Oh cool! I have a missionary, and that CS isn't following any...Sweet!

NOO!! Not sweet, forgot it wasn't MY RELIGION, now I have to do double work to knock it out the enemies religion out of that CS....Dumb Ass!

done this. not fun.
this totally comes from a design flaw tat the missionaries dont have the religious symbol REALLY BIG in the bottom left corner info box. Like how difficult would it have been to include that?

^^If you hover your mouse over it, it will tell you the religion.

Top Bottom