Poland - 23
Polynesia - 24
Portugal - 23
Russia - 24
Shoshone - 26
Spain - 24
Sweden - 19
Zulu - 24

Indonesia is one of my favourite War themes, and I've been voting for it too little.

Carthage is not a bad theme... It's just not on the same level as Brazil, Netherlands or Shoshone. I also don't want to hound Sweden's, and it was hard to find anybody to downvote.

There are currently 497 total points on the board, and every voting action adds 1 and subtracts 3, for a net subtraction of 2. So a rough estimate means 248(.5) votes are needed to clear them all by bringing their scores to 0 or lower, but that doesn't account for a positive-scoring winner, so you actually need a little less. If one of the highest-scoring themes at 26 points never got downvoted and the others never got upvoted, you'd still need a total of 172 votes to kill off all the others. That's the absolute minimum, so this thread may be around for a while!

Arabia - 25
Assyria - 20
Babylon - 25
Brazil - 26
Byzantium - 24
Carthage - 23
Dutch - 26
England - 25
Greece - 20
Huns - 24+1=25
Indonesia - 25
Mongolia - 24
Ottoman - 23
Poland - 23
Polynesia - 24
Portugal - 23
Russia - 24
Shoshone - 26
Spain - 24
Sweden - 19-3=16
Zulu - 24

Huns: Menacing. A war theme worthy of being in the top 10.

Sweden: Getting followers? I think NOT! In any case, this is a theme which really doesn't impress me much out of the list so far.

Arabia - 25
Assyria - 20
Babylon - 25
Brazil - 26
Byzantium - 24
Carthage - 23
Dutch - 26 -3 = 23 Very boring kept waiting for the exciting part.
England - 25
Greece - 20
Huns - 25
Indonesia - 25
Mongolia - 24
Ottoman - 23 + 1 = 24 I was surprised how much I enjoyed this song it really stands out in a good way.
Poland - 23
Polynesia - 24
Portugal - 23
Russia - 24
Shoshone - 26
Spain - 24
Sweden - 16
Zulu - 24

Sweden I'm starting to lose hope. Everyone is starting to hate you. So now i must do the unthinkable in order to save you. Everyone prepare yourselves. Yes, I'm dropping the nuke on Shaka.
Arabia - 25
Assyria - 20
Babylon - 25
Brazil - 26
Byzantium - 24
Carthage - 23
Dutch - 23
England - 26
Greece - 20
Huns - 25
Indonesia - 25
Mongolia - 24
Ottoman - 24
Poland - 23
Polynesia - 24
Portugal - 23
Russia - 24
Shoshone - 26
Spain - 24
Sweden - 16
Zulu - 21

No one Fs with the british after hearing this theme. Not ISIS, not Shaka, not the French, not Gandhi, not even Ramalamadingdong. Those flutes strike fear in the hearts of their enemies.

Yes, I know that everyone here likes the Shaka theme. Except me. It doesn't really sound all that intimidating. It sounds like they're fricking crowning a new king or celebrating after a war. Just because you declared war doesn't mean you automatically win. Yes I know about the Zulu's past and their war with the British. But this theme, while fitting, just doesn't do it for me. I don't particularly dislike this theme, I just find it worse than the rest on the list.

Please don't kill me :(

Arabia - 25
Assyria - 20 + 1 = 21
Babylon - 25
Brazil - 26
Byzantium - 24
Carthage - 23
Dutch - 23
England -26
Greece - 20
Huns - 25
Indonesia - 25
Mongolia - 24
Ottoman - 24 - 3 = 21
Poland - 23
Polynesia - 24
Portugal - 23
Russia - 24
Shoshone - 26
Spain - 24
Sweden - 16
Zulu - 21

Ottomans : This is one of those themes I have to look up every time. It's ok, but very forgettable.

Assyria : Greatest theme ever (well, aside from Brazil), I will commit seppuku if it's eliminated before the top 5.

Arabia - 25+1=26
Assyria - 20
Babylon - 25
Brazil - 26
Byzantium - 24
Carthage - 23-3=20
Dutch - 23
England - 26
Greece - 20
Huns - 25
Indonesia - 25
Mongolia - 24
Ottoman - 24
Poland - 23
Polynesia - 24
Portugal - 23
Russia - 24
Shoshone - 26
Spain - 24
Sweden - 16
Zulu - 21

Arabia: This might be the only theme worthy of a massive lead.

Carthage: The beginning is the only good part.

Arabia - 26
Assyria - 20
Babylon - 22 Of the remaining themes, this is the one I like the least. It's perhaps the most consistent war theme with the same rhythm throughout, but their peace theme is way better.
Brazil - 26
Byzantium - 24
Carthage - 21 Must I come to Carthage's defense now? The whole song is gravy, not just the beginning.
Dutch - 23
England - 26
Greece - 20
Huns - 25
Indonesia - 25
Mongolia - 24
Ottoman - 24
Poland - 23
Polynesia - 24
Portugal - 23
Russia - 24
Shoshone - 26
Spain - 24
Sweden - 16
Zulu - 21

And then there was chaos. No one knew who to eliminate.
Arabia - 26
Assyria - 21
Babylon - 22
Brazil - 26
Byzantium - 24
Carthage - 21
Dutch - 23
England - 27
Greece - 20
Huns - 25
Indonesia - 25
Mongolia - 24
Ottoman - 21
Poland - 23
Polynesia - 24
Portugal - 23
Russia - 24
Shoshone - 26
Spain - 24
Sweden - 16
Zulu - 18

I swear if Sweden doesn't make it to the top 10, this one has to. As previously stated, the flutes are badass. The rest of it is amazing too. Very upbeat and fitting theme. See previous post for more details. Btw they're in the lead now.

Can't think of anyone else to down vote atm. I just don't like this theme.

My personal top 5:
5. Netherlands/Spain Depends
4. Babylon
3. Sweden
2. Byzantium
1. England

Just for fun, here are mine...

1. Brazil
2. Assyria
3. Carthage
4. Persia :(
5. Polynesia

Babylon is the only one of your top 5 I even have in my top ten... we're going to fight aren't we ? :lol:

Germany: Chances are that in Germany during the Romantic Period, Ludwig van Beethoven was thinking one day, and wondered if a game like Civilization would ever exist, as well as if Germany would ever be a part of that game. He then composed his Ode to Joy which, when played backwards, sounds really dark, thinking that it would be perfect for the German War Song. If he thought that, he was right. Their theme is awesome, and is one of the coolest sounding themes in the game, in my opinion.

For the record, Ed Beach used a screenshot of this post, and read it out, during his panel at Firaxicon when explaining the concept of elimination threads.

Arabia - 26
Assyria - 21
Babylon - 19 - I admit, this elimination is getting difficult. Voting against Babylon only because it's good, but not as good as the remaining themes.
Brazil - 26
Byzantium - 24
Carthage - 21
Dutch - 23
England - 27
Greece - 20
Huns - 25
Indonesia - 25
Mongolia - 24
Ottoman - 21
Poland - 23
Polynesia - 24
Portugal - 23
Russia - 24
Shoshone - 26
Spain - 24
Sweden - 16
Zulu - 19 - Nope, the only war theme in the game that sounds like fun is here to stay.

Arabia - 26
Assyria - 21
Babylon - 19
Brazil - 26
Byzantium - 24
Carthage - 21
Dutch - 23
England - 27-3=24
Greece - 20
Huns - 25
Indonesia - 25
Mongolia - 24
Ottoman - 21
Poland - 23
Polynesia - 24
Portugal - 23
Russia - 24
Shoshone - 26
Spain - 24
Sweden - 16
Zulu - 19+1=20

Zulu: No. This theme shouldn't be eliminated. Not yet.

England: Potential for a massive lead? I think NOT!

You know what this thread needs? More ham. We can't just have a thread with numbers! HAM!

Arabia - 26+1=27
Assyria - 21
Babylon - 19
Brazil - 26
Byzantium - 24
Carthage - 21
Dutch - 23
England - 24
Greece - 20
Huns - 25-3=22
Indonesia - 25
Mongolia - 24
Ottoman - 21
Poland - 23
Polynesia - 24
Portugal - 23
Russia - 24
Shoshone - 26
Spain - 24
Sweden - 16
Zulu - 20

Arabia: (0:00 to 107) The initial start fits his "FOOL!" curse (o whatever he says when he lashes out with that one word) as the music keep sits looming beginning. Harun waves his finger at you with contempt, letting you know you have made a mistake. As you walk out of his throne room/garden, you can feel his suspicious glare sending venom tipped daggers at your back.

(1:07 to 1:35) Left alone, Harun broods angrily on his throne, tightening his grip on his sword (scimitar?). A dark, miniature cloud forms above his head. That's how angry he is. His advisers come in and informs him that enemy forces are approaching, but Harun sits stoically on his throne, plotting to himself.

(1:36 to 2:15) Harun then stands up from his throne and walks in tact with the drums. His steps are quite heavy as he walks back and forth, explaining his plan. His advisers look confused, but Harun just laughs maniacally in return, swinging his sword to prove his point.

(2:16 to 2:30) Harun decides his planning is complete, and marches towards the stables. Impatient, he speeds up his pace, rubbing his hands with excitement as he chuckles crazily. You can see his teeth shine brightly as he grins with anticipation.

(2:31 to 2:54) Harun gets VERY impatient and just breaks off in a run. He can't wait to use his Camel Archers! He GOTTA use them. Now! NOW! This is what being Arabia is all about! He decides to FLOURISH and does cartwheel followed by multiple highspeed backflips. Backflip after backflip, he speeds up even more and finshies with a big double backfliip jump spinning 540 degrees as he lands before his stable.

(2:55 to 3:39) Harun then charges up a magic spell and shoots it at his horses! Horses are not Camels! as he zaps his horses, they magically turn into Camels, and his men rush up with backflips and acrobatics and mounts the camels, drawing their bows. With Camel Archers moving out, Harun dusts himself off and surveys the battlefield from afar, laughing as his Camel Archers picks off the enemy one by one.

(3:30 to End) AND THEN LONGSWORDSMEN FLY IN ON MAGIC FLYING CARPETS, SWORDS DRAWN! (Sorry, got a little bit carried away) Ahem, The Longswordsmen decide to throw off enemy indirect fire by jumping to other flying carpets, flipping and gracefully avoiding shots. The madness continues until the theme's end.

Huns: It's short, and it sounds drunk. I may have backstabbed Huns' theme, but it's the one that stands out the least to me. Yar dee har dee drunk. Attila, sober up.

Hopefully I can upvote Sweden tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom