Best Declaration Of War

NebuchadnezzarB

Chieftain
Which of the Civs in your mind has the best, most moving or just downright awesome declaration of war? Share your story.

I'll start:
My vote goes to Attila's Declaration of War.

Attila has an epic declaration of war. Even when you don't know what he's saying, the way he delivers it tells you some is about to go down. The music confirms it. The one scene that sends shivers down your spine if it comes up in the ancient era. And we all know that Attila doesn't settle cities. He settles YOUR cities. In case you didn't know, what he's saying in Chuvash is "I'm getting bored of this throne of mine. I have decided to sit on YOUR throne instead!" This guy may not know how to pronounce Chuvash, but DAMN, he knows how to be terrifying.

So who's DOW is your favourite and why?

I'm not sure if I have a favorite one(seeing as they're declaring war on me), but Monty's "Shimmy Gokan!" is pretty memorable.

well that's part of Attila's UA...he borrows names from in game players.
Personally I like England's DOW, so poshy

Shaka, definitely.

Attila is a close second.

Monty (for the crazy ass speech) and Pocatello (for the music) share third place.

"My treasury contains little, and my soldiers are getting impatient." (Sighs, brushes some dust off.) "Therefore you must die."

That's how far beneath Augustus you are. (In his mind, anyway.)

I have affinity for Dido's DoW, it's not amazing per say, but I just love her voice, the language, the scenery and the music.

"By the grace of God your days are numbered!"

or alternatively

"Your wanton aggression leaves me no other choice, prepare for war!"

Seconding Attila's, Dido's and Augustus'. For the same reasons. It helps that Caesar's Latin actually sounds close enough to Portuguese/Spanish to resonate with me.

Maria's is pretty amusing. That posh, snobby laugh gets me every time.
Catherine's is very effective, really cold. It's as if she could burn your city to the ground by snapping her fingers.

Gandhi's is just unbelievable. "Gah! I'm so sorry, my troops are invading you! I never asked for this!". Makes him look like such a slimy politician!

Gandhi's is just unbelievable. "Gah! I'm so sorry, my troops are invading you! I never asked for this!". Makes him look like such a slimy politician!

Gandhi's other one is better where he recommends that the human adopt a strategy of passive resistance.

"Your wanton aggression leaves me no other choice, prepare for war!"
That has long been my favorite. The chutzpah is so amusing, and yet not too far from truth, either.

After looking at a list of translations, I want to mention Nebuchadnezzar. His declaration of war is relatively low-key, but is also thoroughly unhinged: "The demons cry out for the blood of soldiers!"

India's is one of the best, because it's so utterly deadpan: "I've just received a report that large numbers of my troops have crossed your border." Thanks, Gandhi.

It depends who you neighbors are. Ironically, if your neighbor is Napoleon then yeah it is all about military because about 20 or 30 turns after you meet him he is going to attack your capital with a massive invasion force.

But if you started next to Korea things week be peaceful for awhile.

Top Bottom