Game Saturn

Well that's it then. It was enjoyable and I know I learned a lot. Thanks.

Well done the other alliance. N

Now back to the main game I suppose.

No time here either, unfortunately. Maybe in a couple of months. ;)

I think yhe intrest level currently isn't high enough to start another game.

Here is short description of some things that came to my mind and few shots from the end.

I did have decent not great land, but there weren't much of it. It enabled 6 decent cities that were enough during early game, but severly lacking in the end. During early days I agreed with Toch about our border and formed an tech alliance where alphabet was our 1st goal. Later I was also able to agree my border with Clamburger that enabled me 2 cities on their continent of which the southern one was very valuable because of the resourses (marble. silver and later I found out also Iron).

I got HBR and several scouts from the huts. Both of these proofed to be valuable. HBR had good trading value and scouts enabled me to find all nations in our continent very early and I was able to make good trades during early game.

My position close to the Viking continent was also very good. I got several tech trades with them before they contacted others on our continent. It also helped me economically compared to others because of intercontinental trade routes. This enabled tech lead and also best GNP late BCs. However my possibilities for expansion were very limited. I didn't know it then, but I really should have used my prime time more efficiently and expand one way or the other. I did fight against hell_hound, but I was too cautious and did it too late (partly because he actually was quite far from me). I was a bit paranoid during this time since I had noticed other nations gifting techs freely around and catching up in techs fast and I was afraid of losing my lead. At this time I felt I need to find more allies. Since Lord Parkin had been trading with me a lot I thought he would make natural ally. Lord Parkin brought Elkad along This lead to forming of super continent alliance or PELT alliance as we called it.

After the wars against hell_hound there was long period of peace and very fast teching. I should've expanded to territory left by hell_hound faster, but I didn't have enough workers to chop the rainforest and I did create way too big army to take hell_hound's last cities that also delayed expansion.

Tech pace was way too fast teching for my liking. I had no time to build even the cheap buildings (harbours, courthouses) for most of my cities. Every time it seemed like something more important has to be built. E.g. early game I built several hammams after Education I built the Universities and after getting shrine up I needed banks to get Wall street.

Our alliance made several mistakes. We lost e.g. free Great Merchant and Scientists, because of focusing on not that important techs. We should've built the Kremlin because we got Communism lot earlier, but no one started it. We almost lost Internet, because we didn't thought about it early enough. With quite big effort we were able to get it, but it was way too close.

After internet we stopped researching (not that bright idea) and concentrated on gold and espionage and prepared for war. This finally lead to incident on my island city that cost me quite a lot. I was really glad this didn't happen to my shrine city because I had my ships there for a long time filled up with troops with very weak defenders inside city. I had started golden age few turns earlier so it was very easy for me to turn all war mode and start enslaving/drafting military. I also got support from Toch on my efforts against Clamburger.

Attachments

• th_Crop.jpg
    th_Crop.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 158
  • th_Culture.jpg
    th_Culture.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 187
  • th_Demographics.jpg
    th_Demographics.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 156
  • th_Espionage.jpg
    th_Espionage.jpg