Caveman 2 Cosmos

I tried it and it seems to be working so far. IE no errors when studying a tech not in the list. Need to test the case when the tech is in the list both when no one has it and when someone has it.

I updated to 8610 and 8611 and everything seems fine but I saw a post in SVN discussion that I should do a new checkout. All I've ever done is update the SVN. How do I checkout?

I updated to 8610 and 8611 and everything seems fine but I saw a post in SVN discussion that I should do a new checkout. All I've ever done is update the SVN. How do I checkout?

If you updated to 8610 after Sourceforges "Hiccup", then you should be okay. BUT, If you had updated to 8610 Before SourceForge (SVN) went bad and shut down then you must do a new checkout.
Thunderbrd wrote: Refer to the first post in the SVN thread.

JosEPh:)

What mods are in the not used folder?

Look in Assets\Modules\My_Mods(unloaded).

JosEPh

They are "unofficial" mods for C2C which can be used but there is some arguement on their inclusion.

On the other hand the ones in My_Mods are likely to be moved into core after a few versions as these are more testing or beta patches.

The advantage of these two folders is that they are on the SVN and so things can be moved in and out and tested in various combinations.

Each "should" have a thread in the modmods folder.

Thanks for reminding me as I have not tested those mods against v36.

Further to my previous post

There are four mod mods
  • NewCityFreeNIMBY
  • NewCityFreeYIMBY
  • RebalanceMonasteryScience
  • SlowReligionSpread

The first two are replacements for my "New City Free Buildings" one with NIMBY (not in my back yard) and one without NIMBY. The discussion and background behind these are about Advance Start games not really about game progression. Unfortunately this aim got lost and then so did the enthusiam to fix it.

Rebalance Monastery Science tries to do what it says. At least one person is very against this ie the latest team member - so we have listened to him in the past :mischief::lol:

Slow Religion Spread attempts to make the latter religions as common as the older religions. Unfortunately it does this the way everyone does by making the old religions unable to spread and therefor you would be better off not having those religions in the game at all.

I know this is a unit question but the flamethrower in game seems to act as a regular firearms unit. It seems to shoot a firearm rather than flame. Interestingly the ancient flamethrower unit works correctly. I think this is a bug that could be looked into please for the next C2C version.

Love this mod and look forward to the next one.
:thumbsup: :cool: :clap:

I know this is a unit question but the flamethrower in game seems to act as a regular firearms unit. It seems to shoot a firearm rather than flame. Interestingly the ancient flamethrower unit works correctly. I think this is a bug that could be looked into please for the next C2C version.

Love this mod and look forward to the next one.
:thumbsup: :cool: :clap:

I presume you mean graphically?

Excellent.

Keep good, long and thorough bug slaughter festival before V36 for the sake of the kittens.

So, I just started playing this game again, and why are my subdued animals not going to the city?
I really don't know why it's a good idea to not have them go automatically.

Seriously, I don't see this as a good feature, and it basically makes the early game ridiculously more tedious than it should. I mean, am I missing something? This really is just tedious.
There's no getting around that. And tediousness is the worst addition to anything. :)
I didn't even see it in the changelog on the SVN, so this really doesn't make sense.

Please tell me what I'm missing, and if I can actually fix this issue.
I'm not trying to be annoying, but this is not going to make anyone happy.
And if it's a bug, please let me know how it happened.

Can you at least make them immune to being killed by anything? This really is a horrible idea.
Please let me know this is a bug.

So, I just started playing this game again, and why are my subdued animals not going to the city?
I really don't know why it's a good idea to not have them go automatically.

Seriously, I don't see this as a good feature, and it basically makes the early game ridiculously more tedious than it should. I mean, am I missing something? This really is just tedious.
There's no getting around that. And tediousness is the worst addition to anything. :)

I didn't even see it in the changelog on the SVN, so this really doesn't make sense. Then again, it only went back to June 26th.

Please tell me what I'm missing, and if I can actually fix this issue.
I'm not trying to be annoying, but this is not going to make anyone happy.

And if it's a bug, please let me know how it happened.

Seriously though, an eagle killed my wolf? Can you at least make them immune to being killed by anything? This really is a horrible idea.

I mean, I really don't see the point in adding something this tedious.
I'm constantly having to destroy my subdued animals because of this.

It only last until sedentary lifestyle, then they start teleporting again.
Many like that it hampers early exploring, as scouts/hunters need to constantly return home with the bounty. Many others see the point, and some even enjoy this feature.

Ah. OKay. I see how it is now.

I was really confused for a bit. :)

Glad to know it's not a bug, and it's not a long lasting issue.

I guess I can see why people like it. I was just startled since I didn't see any mention of the change in the SVN changelog, and it only went back to June 26th for some reason.

I thought it was for the whole game. Sorry.

Also, the game seems to be loading up much faster now, which is amazing!
Man, this topic is so dead.
My Birthday is coming up, I just thought I'd mention that. It's on the 23rd.
Haven't played much in the last few days, but I am enjoying the newer versions.
Playing with no negative traits, pure traits, that special changed traits option, and traits on culture levels may get a bit broken, but it's a lot of fun.
However, I really should have turned on Tech brokering.

Silly me forgot how the AI is really crippled tech wise on Settler with Tech Diffusion and Tech Brokering off. :p
I'm going to have to literally give every civ in the game random techs just so they don't get wiped off the face of the Earth by my culture alone. :)

Hey,. I got Ghandi to declare war on me once! On Settler. You have to admit that's a challenge in and of itself.

How come much of the polish translation shows like this in my notepad++?
<Polish>W&#339;ciek³o&#339;æ: Si³a/Runda</Polish> EDIT: (it had numbers and s*it in it too but it got changed by the forum to something else when I posted this) EDIT 2: I guess this is how it's supposed to look like.

Would it be a problem if I made a modification elsewhere in the document saved it and commited it with this scrambled text? If so, how would I go about fixing this formating error.

PS: spanish text that was perfectly normal before the polish trans. was committed; got scrambled due to said commit.... Was this an error on Sparths side?

Edit 2: I guess it's okay, because when I insert the spanish text that got scrambled in Sparths commit into this post, it shows normally (as it did before Sparths commit) when I try to post it.

Top Bottom