Turn Discussion Thread

Duke Blackstone

John Marchman
Enough said. Let the debate begin. Will someone please take charge of posting screenshots after every turn?

My vote is to move the scout SE to the plains hill. I wana see where our river leads

Let's continue to use this thread for discussions of exploration, and save the turn tracker thread just for reports after playing the turns. :)

Here's the screenshot to assist with discussions:

One thing I feel like pointing out is horses. Our UU is pretty superb, if nothing else than for strong early defense against barbs (which can keep up with settlers) so getting them would be great. As far as I'm aware, they can't appear on hills, forests, or deserts. If that's right, we have a grand total of 0 possible visible spaces for horses so far.

What I'm saying is that if we see some open plains nearby to the east we might want to do a little extra exploration there to increase the chances of us finding them asap.
However, keep in mind that this is a manually-made map. Sullla could technically put any resources anywhere he wants. ;)

But yes, let's explore as much land as possible to increase the chance that we'll see where any Horses are.

However, keep in mind that this is a manually-made map. Sullla could technically put any resources anywhere he wants. ;)

...now I'm going to be disappointed if we get anything less than coastal sea horses.

...now I'm going to be disappointed if we get anything less than coastal sea horses.
:lol: That'd certainly be interesting. How would we go about hooking those up though? :p

hmm .. do we have any information from the mapmaker if he put resources in "unofficial" tiles? i certaintly wouldnt like that :(

hmm .. do we have any information from the mapmaker if he put resources in "unofficial" tiles? i certaintly wouldnt like that :(
You could ask him. I suspect he wouldn't say anything though.

Besides, it's not that much of a big deal is it? As long as we've got the resources we need, of course. ;)

Maybe in the next Demogame! :lol:

As you suspected, no word one way or the other on resources appearing in unusual tiles. Explore the map and discover for yourselves. :)

We're up. Where is Lord Parkin? :)

What wonders await beyond the fog?!

Spoiler :
Got tired of waiting and made the move, here's what we see:

Hmm, alright, how do we plan on using these to our advantage?

(Disclaimer: No I didn't really make the move and the image is a terrible, terrible fake. Don't be so gullible, gold doesn't appear on grasslands!)

Spoiler :

(Disclaimer: No I didn't really make the move and the image is a terrible, terrible fake. Don't be so gullible, gold doesn't appear on grasslands!)

Whoa had a heart attack there thought we had an AMAZING start :lol: then i noticed whales on land :crazyeye:

Maybe in the next Demogame! :lol:

As you suspected, no word one way or the other on resources appearing in unusual tiles. Explore the map and discover for yourselves. :)
Ooh, I'm taking that as a secret nod and wink. :D :p

Actually I was at work, for the first time in several weeks. :lol:

Played now, will write up in the turn tracker thread in a minute. :)

Spoiler :

Ooh, I want us to be in that game!!! :eek: :D

Sadly, what we found wasn't quite as good as that (but of course, that isn't entirely surprising)... ;)

Screenie from this turn below to assist with discussions.

Well, we have more desert and flood plains. ;) No more resources though. :(

1NE next turn? Or 1SE-1NE? The latter gets us two moves, the former reveals land closer to our capital.

I don't think there is a need to go NE because the capital borders should pop soon (3 turns) and reveal the next row of tiles to the right of the capital. I would go with SE - NE and then circle around and explore the line of floodplains afterwards.

And, wow! That is a lot of floodplains!

PS: What does that 23:59:54 in the top right corner of that screenshot mean?

I don't think there is a need to go NE because the capital borders should pop soon (3 turns) and reveal the next row of tiles to the right of the capital.
Actually the capital border pop will not reveal any new land to the east, because the forest tiles restrict vision. We'll reveal in the north, south and west directions though.

And, wow! That is a lot of floodplains!
Indeed. Looks like we'll be rich, rich, rich! :king:

PS: What does that 23:59:54 in the top right corner of that screenshot mean?
That's the time that Team SANCTA had to end their turn at the moment I took the screenshot. (I had ended our turn 6 seconds earlier, apparently. ;) ) The timer appears in all Pitboss games, as well as some other online games.

Top Bottom