Game Saturn

I logged in successfully. I have a few questions:

How do I set my own password?
My game said that it "lost connection.." is that normal?

I was able to reconnect to the same soon after, though.

So it looks like I'm going to need a good plan. (Is there a way to transfer the save onto my computer? This could help.)

Your password should have been requested when you first logged onto your civ. Regardless you should be able to change it in the "Your Info" section of the options, or whatever it's called.

Don't know how transferring the save onto your computer would help with the connection... it would still need to redownload each move.

Well if you know there are no tiles it could spawn, that probably means there are lots of forests. Those can help churn out workers/settlers instead of food... Unless your tiles are all coast or something? Or hills?
Yeah, I have quite a few forests. But I'd easily swap a couple of them for Corn or Pigs or something. :(

If it's any consolation I don't have any tiles higher than 4 food in my BFC. ;)
Try 3 here. :(

I logged in successfully. I have a few questions:

How do I set my own password?
Um... I don't understand how you could log in and *not* set your own password. Logging in requires that you set a password. Unless you left it blank, which is a bad idea because it means that anyone can log into your civ.

If you're asking how to change your password, go to the in-game menu and go to "Your Details". It's right down the bottom. Be very careful though, as you can't see what you're typing (asterisks), and you don't want to screw it up as we'd have to do a reload.

My game said that it "lost connection.." is that normal?

I was able to reconnect to the same soon after, though.
It happens occasionally. If you logged back in that's fine though.

So it looks like I'm going to need a good plan. (Is there a way to transfer the save onto my computer? This could help.)
You can save while in the game, but it won't do you much good, because you can only log in if you know player 1's password (and all the other players before you). Just log into the Pitboss if you want to do some planning - I do it all the time, it's no big deal. Takes not much longer than loading up a save. :)

Also, why does Amethyst have an asterisk by her name?
The asterisk after her name is just because that's what she typed in as her name (perhaps as a mistaken key).

By the way, the smaller asterisk *before* every player's name (and score) signifies when they have pressed "end turn". In this way you can tell who's ended their turn from within the game. (You can also see these "end turn" asterisks in Civstats.) :)

Screenshots work fine for planning. If you want to do tests, then Worldbuild your start.

Um... I don't understand how you could log in and *not* set your own password. Logging in requires that you set a password. Unless you left it blank, which is a bad idea because it means that anyone can log into your civ.

If you're asking how to change your password, go to the in-game menu and go to "Your Details". It's right down the bottom. Be very careful though, as you can't see what you're typing (asterisks), and you don't want to screw it up as we'd have to do a reload.

I went to "Your details" and retyped my password.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work. The password text isn't starred (or hidden). I re-logged in and the new password didn't work.

So now I'm going to stay logged in (I'm logged on now) and try and figure this out....

Also, why does Amethyst have an asterisk by her name?

That's because last time her game was used was by me covering for her in another game and she didn't realize she had to change it. I am sure she will change it next time she logs in.

I put an asterisk after a name for anyone I am covering for.

Try 3 here. :(

Eh, one of my greatest single player games began with a capital with no food other two plains cows and a lot of forest to chop. Managed to expand plenty fast and chopped out a few wonders as well on a side!

Once the forests were almost entirely gone that capital wasn't too great but it was more than enough to get started and found better cities. Outpaced the monarch AI (level I was at at the time) with expansion and then began to dominate. Also was my first experience with Mehmed. :yup:

No excuses. ;) (Unless you find yourself on a isolated tundra island. :p)

Top Bottom