Smart AI mod released!! Discussion on the mod

I looked over your list here, but I think it's missing a few more issues with the AI which I would like to bring up.

1. The first being how easy it is for an AI to backstab an ally with a simple bribe. I'm not kidding, when I played online with a friend I could make any of his allies back stab him and destroy his trade income with a little GpT and maybe some Luxs. I would love to see the AI value friendship more, so that bribing them at a certain point is just not possible.

2. AI telling you to stop settling in land that they feel is theirs. I think this mechanic just need to be a little more straight forward for people. I never understand why the AI says this when the city I build can be up to 15 hexs away from them. lol

3. The AI needs to be smarter with trade routes. I had a game a while back that the AI was sending trades routes to me, when they had other options and hated my guts out. It really makes no sense to send trade routes to your rival, if war is most likely going to happen and you will just lose them all. While on the topic of trade, I think the AI having a positive and maybe even negative values attach to where you send your trade routes could be really interesting.

Overall though I like the idea of this mod and am happy that someone is finally trying to improve the AI.

1. On the backstab loophole, it is already addressed in other mods and the community patch people know about it. Talk to me at BuffedAI mod if you want the code, it is a really simple fix.

Hi
I updated this mod with the last patch.
here the git Pull Request and the mod updated.

Not fully tested.
No obvious bugs.

Attachments

• smart_ai_v2_1.0.3.276.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 351
  • 0001-Civilization-5-CvGameCoreSource-1.0.3.276.zip
    54.2 KB · Views: 232
Was really looking forward to this but it freezes after I click 'NEXT'. Tried deleting cache, reinstalling game, no luck. Other mods all working fine. Any suggestions appreciated

Sorry to say that in my test game, the AI seemed, if anything, stupider.

I played as Greece on Immortal, Pangaea, Small.

Some of the stupid things I noticed:-

- Nobunaga kept pumping out settlers when I had his last city down to 1HP and was farming it for XP
- During the process of taking Nobunaga's capital, he embarked ever more units than usual. Made it really easy to take.
- Sejong was the next to fall, and he built about 10 turtle ships during my land-based siege of Busan and Seoul.
- By turn 150 there were a huge list of wonders not yet built.
- AIs seemed less interested in religion. I was able to found one really, really late. Like renaissance era.

And, worst of all, sad to say, is that not a single unit ever moved and shot at me. The only other mod I played with was Historical Religions. So either there is a conflict there (doubtful) or this Smart AI mod is not working properly.

Sorry to say that in my test game, the AI seemed, if anything, stupider.

I played as Greece on Immortal, Pangaea, Small.

Some of the stupid things I noticed:-

- Nobunaga kept pumping out settlers when I had his last city down to 1HP and was farming it for XP
- During the process of taking Nobunaga's capital, he embarked ever more units than usual. Made it really easy to take.
- Sejong was the next to fall, and he built about 10 turtle ships during my land-based siege of Busan and Seoul.
- By turn 150 there were a huge list of wonders not yet built.
- AIs seemed less interested in religion. I was able to found one really, really late. Like renaissance era.

And, worst of all, sad to say, is that not a single unit ever moved and shot at me. The only other mod I played with was Historical Religions. So either there is a conflict there (doubtful) or this Smart AI mod is not working properly.

Thats really disappointing to hear as I was just about to test out this mod and excited for the changes it would bring :(

After a long break of Civilization V, I'm back!!

On the previous fall patch this mod was totally bug-free, I never got feedback of crashes due to this mod.

The bad thing is that some features were not fully tested and I read on other places that some of them are not working properly. (That's why was marked as beta, after all)

I still have to update the mod with the new patch, I will take a look on a proper update. I'll gather information on what's not working properly and remove it from the mod.

Is there still a smart AI mod that works with god and kings? (without brave new world)

Hi. Nice that there is atleast one mod dedicated for better ai, but the problem is that even with this mod ai is dum as rock. Both Incas and Egypt downed me at almost same time and both parties failed to take any of my cities mainly because of terrain. Egypt actually failed even worse because I could not see her armies at all despite few carriots. In other game Poland downed me with good number of soldiers and I defeated them with one city and two carriot archers. Few turns later I took their cities.

So this mod is a good start but since ai fails so much much more work is needed. Otherwise I dont see any reasons to play sp games because ai has no idea how to play it, and on higher difficulties it is just plain stupid how much bonuses ai has.

So this mod is a good start but since ai fails so much much more work is needed. Otherwise I dont see any reasons to play sp games because ai has no idea how to play it, and on higher difficulties it is just plain stupid how much bonuses ai has.

Yeah, I'm agree, even there's a LOT of changes the improvement you feel is not so huge, I would say about a 20% better, but I would still consider the AI mostly "dumb". I will continue the work little by little, it's a tedious and hard work, trust me.

DLL mods will never work on *nix - as DLL is a PC only technology

Does this mod has compatibility with modded civs?

After a long break of Civilization V, I'm back!!

Nice to see you back!

Was so sad when I saw that the last update is from March :(

One improvement suggestion if I may - can you make the AI prioritize the more important targets when defending a city? If I put a scout next to it, he will attack the scout ignoring siege machines and other more important targets.. :crazyeye:

I've had experience with civs taking awhile to settle their capitals and cities. Too easy if I can capture a civs only settlers with my first warrior. (I am very excited for this mod to become amazing)

I've read a few pages and didn't see this one, so I thought I would add it.

The AI puts too high of a priority on capturing your workers when near their cities/borders while you're at war with them. It's too easy to bait the AI to move their units into the danger zone of your armies kill zone by leaving an unprotected worker for them to easily capture. This is how I weaken their army prior to going all in to take their city when they don't want to come out and fight with their units. They will even use their ranged unit that's in the city to come out and capture it even if it's the last unit in the area. They prioritize it over almost everything else, and I easily pick them apart as a result.

Edit: not sure if it matters or not, but i play on deity

Top Bottom