City-State Diplomacy Mod (CSD)

So the city banners are messing up? CSD doesn't touch city banners - only city-state windows and the cityview window.

G

Yep, city-state banners were messed up. Thanks for clarifying - I'll try to track down the culprit now with that info.

Hi all,

I am having difficulties getting this mod up and running.

I have a Mac OS X (App Store version) running 10.10.3, Civ V BNW ver 1.03.276 (124231), with a whole bunch of civs, Kyte's Dynamic Culture Overview and Sukritact's Events and Decisions.

I cannot even see City State Diplomacy in my mod list, and when I go to play the game I still see whenever I interact with a city-state the dialog from plain vanilla Civ V (BNW).

I have taken heed of the instructions and set in options.sql the variable "GIFT_OPTION" to 1 (i.e. enabled)

Would love some assistance as this mod seems to be one of a rare breed of non-DLL mods that I can use to enhance my Civ V gaming, beyond just new civs.

Many thanks in advance,

Hi all,

I am having difficulties getting this mod up and running.

I have a Mac OS X (App Store version) running 10.10.3, Civ V BNW ver 1.03.276 (124231), with a whole bunch of civs, Kyte's Dynamic Culture Overview and Sukritact's Events and Decisions.

I cannot even see City State Diplomacy in my mod list, and when I go to play the game I still see whenever I interact with a city-state the dialog from plain vanilla Civ V (BNW).

I have taken heed of the instructions and set in options.sql the variable "GIFT_OPTION" to 1 (i.e. enabled)

Would love some assistance as this mod seems to be one of a rare breed of non-DLL mods that I can use to enhance my Civ V gaming, beyond just new civs.

Many thanks in advance,

You can't use CSD (this CSD) in OS X, as it has a DLL. There is a non-dll version on the workshop. Make sure to clear your cache as well.
G

Thanks Gazebo.

I've not worked out how to get a Steam Workshop mod down on my install, however, being that it's the App Store version. Any tutorials anywhere?

Apologies for continuous questioning. Just really keen on using this mod, and I'd thought I *was* using the non-dll version :?

I can translate all the mod to Italian if you explain me how to do it. :)

Something is wrong. Every turn, during a golden age, I keep getting great diplomats being born when I get a Great Diplomat point like the scrivener's office.

I have the same problem. Also every diplomatic unit and great merchants always generate 100 influence points in city states.

Mods I'm using:
  • Community Patch
  • Community Balance Patch
  • Civ IV Diplomatic Features (with the UI folder from the original mod)
  • City-State Diplomacy
  • Events and Decisions
  • Health and Plague
  • Community Balance Patch - Health and Plague Compatibility

Downloaded from this thread.

I have the same problem. Also every diplomatic unit and great merchants always generate 100 influence points in city states.

Mods I'm using:
  • Community Patch
  • Civ IV Diplomatic Features (with the UI folder from the original mod)
  • City-State Diplomacy
  • Events and Decisions
  • Health and Plague
  • Community Balance Patch - Health and Plague Compatibility

Downloaded from this thread.

You don't need the UI folder from the original mod of C4DF, as you need to use the No-EUI compatibility patch for CBP.

G

You don't need the UI folder from the original mod of C4DF, as you need to use the No-EUI compatibility patch for CBP.

G

The No-EUI compatibility patch for CBP doesn't work with Health and Plague Compatibility.
Health and Plague Compatibility doesn't work with Civ IV Diplomatic Features without the UI folder.

I also testet:
  • Community Patch
  • Civ IV Diplomatic Features
  • City-State Diplomacy
  • Community Balance Patch - Compatibility Files (No-EUI)
Great diplomats are still being borg during golden ages.

Yep, city-state banners were messed up. Thanks for clarifying - I'll try to track down the culprit now with that info.

Hey, I did some more playtesting, and I found these errors - any chance they might be related?

Spoiler :
[981708.566] CityBannerManager: CityBanner CombatBegin
[981714.322] CityBannerManager: CityBanner CombatEnd
[981714.853] Runtime Error: E:\Users\ldvhl\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\City-State Diplomacy Mod (CSD) for Brave New World (v 26)\Assets\UI\InGame\CityStateStatusHelper.lua:275: bad argument #3 to 'ConvertTextKey' (Argument must be [boolean, number, or string].)
[981714.853] YieldFromMusic: Swap Trigger
[981714.853] YieldOthersGW: Swap Trigger
[981719.954] Runtime Error: E:\Users\ldvhl\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\City-State Diplomacy Mod (CSD) for Brave New World (v 26)\Assets\UI\InGame\CityStateStatusHelper.lua:275: bad argument #3 to 'ConvertTextKey' (Argument must be [boolean, number, or string].)
[981719.954] YieldFromMusic: Swap Trigger
[981719.954] YieldOthersGW: Swap Trigger
[981724.416] Runtime Error: E:\Users\ldvhl\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\City-State Diplomacy Mod (CSD) for Brave New World (v 26)\Assets\UI\InGame\CityStateStatusHelper.lua:275: bad argument #3 to 'ConvertTextKey' (Argument must be [boolean, number, or string].)
[981724.416] YieldFromMusic: Swap Trigger
[981724.416] YieldOthersGW: Swap Trigger
[981725.040] TopPanel: 10 [ICON_RES_IRON] Iron: [COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT]10 Total[ENDCOLOR], [COLOR_WARNING_TEXT]0 Used[ENDCOLOR][NEWLINE][NEWLINE]16 [ICON_RES_HORSE] Horses: [COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT]16 Total[ENDCOLOR], [COLOR_WARNING_TEXT]0 Used[ENDCOLOR][NEWLINE][NEWLINE]17 [ICON_RES_COAL] Coal: [COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT]24 Total[ENDCOLOR], [COLOR_WARNING_TEXT]7 Used[ENDCOLOR][NEWLINE][NEWLINE]3 [ICON_RES_OIL] Oil: [COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT]13 Total[ENDCOLOR], [COLOR_WARNING_TEXT]10 Used[ENDCOLOR][NEWLINE][NEWLINE]0 [ICON_RES_ALUMINUM] Aluminum[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]2 [ICON_RES_URANIUM] Uranium: [COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT]2 Total[ENDCOLOR], [COLOR_WARNING_TEXT]0 Used[ENDCOLOR][NEWLINE][NEWLINE]16 [ICON_RES_PAPER] Paper: [COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT]16 Total[ENDCOLOR], [COLOR_WARNING_TEXT]0 Used[ENDCOLOR][NEWLINE][NEWLINE]0 [ICON_RES_MANPOWER] Manpower
[981726.709] InGame: OnInterfaceModeChanged
[981726.709] InGame: oldInterfaceMode: 1
[981726.709] InGame: newInterfaceMode: 11
[981726.865] Runtime Error: E:\Users\ldvhl\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\City-State Diplomacy Mod (CSD) for Brave New World (v 26)\Assets\UI\InGame\CityStateStatusHelper.lua:275: bad argument #3 to 'ConvertTextKey' (Argument must be [boolean, number, or string].)
[981726.865] YieldFromMusic: Swap Trigger
[981726.865] YieldOthersGW: Swap Trigger
[981728.066] InGame: OnInterfaceModeChanged
[981728.066] InGame: oldInterfaceMode: 11
[981728.066] InGame: newInterfaceMode: 1
[981728.144] CityBannerManager: CityBanner CombatBegin
[981732.746] CityBannerManager: CityBanner CombatEnd
[981733.058] Runtime Error: E:\Users\ldvhl\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\City-State Diplomacy Mod (CSD) for Brave New World (v 26)\Assets\UI\InGame\CityStateStatusHelper.lua:275: bad argument #3 to 'ConvertTextKey' (Argument must be [boolean, number, or string].)
[981733.074] YieldFromMusic: Swap Trigger
[981733.074] YieldOthersGW: Swap Trigger
[981735.492] InGame: OnInterfaceModeChanged
[981735.492] InGame: oldInterfaceMode: 1
[981735.492] InGame: newInterfaceMode: 11
[981735.601] Runtime Error: E:\Users\ldvhl\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\City-State Diplomacy Mod (CSD) for Brave New World (v 26)\Assets\UI\InGame\CityStateStatusHelper.lua:275: bad argument #3 to 'ConvertTextKey' (Argument must be [boolean, number, or string].)
[981735.601] YieldFromMusic: Swap Trigger
[981735.601] YieldOthersGW: Swap Trigger
[981736.787] InGame: OnInterfaceModeChanged
[981736.787] InGame: oldInterfaceMode: 11
[981736.787] InGame: newInterfaceMode: 1
[981736.865] CityBannerManager: CityBanner CombatBegin
[981740.156] CityBannerManager: CityBanner CombatEnd
[981740.390] Runtime Error: E:\Users\ldvhl\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\City-State Diplomacy Mod (CSD) for Brave New World (v 26)\Assets\UI\InGame\CityStateStatusHelper.lua:275: bad argument #3 to 'ConvertTextKey' (Argument must be [boolean, number, or string].)
[981740.390] YieldFromMusic: Swap Trigger
[981740.390] YieldOthersGW: Swap Trigger
[981743.588] InGame: OnInterfaceModeChanged
[981743.588] InGame: oldInterfaceMode: 1
[981743.588] InGame: newInterfaceMode: 11
[981743.760] Runtime Error: E:\Users\ldvhl\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\City-State Diplomacy Mod (CSD) for Brave New World (v 26)\Assets\UI\InGame\CityStateStatusHelper.lua:275: bad argument #3 to 'ConvertTextKey' (Argument must be [boolean, number, or string].)
[981743.760] YieldFromMusic: Swap Trigger
[981743.760] YieldOthersGW: Swap Trigger
[981744.883] InGame: OnInterfaceModeChanged
[981744.883] InGame: oldInterfaceMode: 11
[981744.883] InGame: newInterfaceMode: 1
[981744.945] CityBannerManager: CityBanner CombatBegin
[981749.969] CityBannerManager: CityBanner CombatEnd
[981750.234] Runtime Error: E:\Users\ldvhl\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\City-State Diplomacy Mod (CSD) for Brave New World (v 26)\Assets\UI\InGame\CityStateStatusHelper.lua:275: bad argument #3 to 'ConvertTextKey' (Argument must be [boolean, number, or string].)
[981750.234] YieldFromMusic: Swap Trigger
[981750.234] YieldOthersGW: Swap Trigger
[981756.271] Runtime Error: E:\Users\ldvhl\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\City-State Diplomacy Mod (CSD) for Brave New World (v 26)\Assets\UI\InGame\CityStateStatusHelper.lua:275: bad argument #3 to 'ConvertTextKey' (Argument must be [boolean, number, or string].)
[981756.380] YieldFromMusic: Swap Trigger
[981756.380] YieldOthersGW: Swap Trigger
[981757.301] Runtime Error: E:\Users\ldvhl\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\City-State Diplomacy Mod (CSD) for Brave New World (v 26)\Assets\UI\InGame\CityStateStatusHelper.lua:275: bad argument #3 to 'ConvertTextKey' (Argument must be [boolean, number, or string].)
[981757.394] YieldFromMusic: Swap Trigger
[981757.394] YieldOthersGW: Swap Trigger
[981767.456] Runtime Error: E:\Users\ldvhl\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\City-State Diplomacy Mod (CSD) for Brave New World (v 26)\Assets\UI\InGame\CityStateStatusHelper.lua:275: bad argument #3 to 'ConvertTextKey' (Argument must be [boolean, number, or string].)
[981767.456] YieldFromMusic: Swap Trigger
[981767.456] YieldOthersGW: Swap Trigger
[981768.143] Runtime Error: E:\Users\ldvhl\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\City-State Diplomacy Mod (CSD) for Brave New World (v 26)\Assets\UI\InGame\CityStateStatusHelper.lua:275: bad argument #3 to 'ConvertTextKey' (Argument must be [boolean, number, or string].)
[981768.205] YieldFromMusic: Swap Trigger
[981768.205] YieldOthersGW: Swap Trigger
[981769.640] Runtime Error: E:\Users\ldvhl\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\City-State Diplomacy Mod (CSD) for Brave New World (v 26)\Assets\UI\InGame\CityStateStatusHelper.lua:275: bad argument #3 to 'ConvertTextKey' (Argument must be [boolean, number, or string].)
[981769.703] YieldFromMusic: Swap Trigger
[981769.703] YieldOthersGW: Swap Trigger

The No-EUI compatibility patch for CBP doesn't work with Health and Plague Compatibility.
Health and Plague Compatibility doesn't work with Civ IV Diplomatic Features without the UI folder.

I also testet:
  • Community Patch
  • Civ IV Diplomatic Features
  • City-State Diplomacy
  • Community Balance Patch - Compatibility Files (No-EUI)
Great diplomats are still being borg during golden ages.

Are you using the versions of CSD and C4DF on the CP install thread? Also, I clearly state you can't use the CBP EUI with H&P.

G

Hey,

I'm playing with the following mods:
- Community Patch
- Community Balance Patch
- Civ IV diplomacy
- JFD's Exploration expanded continued
- Events and Decisions
- Barathor's more luxuries
- Compatability mod for EUI

The problem:
I declared war on a CS early game to steal a worker. It says peace is blocked for X turns. Fine. But after X turns passes, the counter ticks down to negative numbers, and I never get the option to make peace. I can include screenshots tomorrow if needed.

Thanks!

Hey,

I'm playing with the following mods:
- Community Patch
- Community Balance Patch
- Civ IV diplomacy
- JFD's Exploration expanded continued
- Events and Decisions
- Compatability mod for EUI

The problem:
I declared war on a CS early game to steal a worker. It says peace is blocked for X turns. Fine. But after X turns passes, the counter ticks down to negative numbers, and I never get the option to make peace. I can include screenshots tomorrow if needed.

Thanks!

I'm having the same problem, latest versions of
- Community Patch 7/1
- Community Balance Patch 7/1
- Civ IV diplomacy 6/19
- CSD 6/19
- Compatability mod for EUI 7/1

Grabbed a worker from city state, after x turns, still won't let me make peace.

I'm having the same problem, latest versions of
- Community Patch 7/1
- Community Balance Patch 7/1
- Civ IV diplomacy 6/19
- CSD 6/19
- Compatability mod for EUI 7/1

Grabbed a worker from city state, after x turns, still won't let me make peace.

You are using the CBP version of CSD, yes?
G

Is there a way to activate the 'pay for influence' stuff you disabled?

I was thinking, in light of Greece's problems, that a quest that says "so and so CS can't pay its debts..." would turn those gold for influence buttons on, only during the time when the quest is active.

Another thing I was thinking about was that CS workers should be disabled. That way the pay for CS improvement option would have some value.

Thanks for the hard work you've put into this mod. It seems like a lot of fun, but I keep running into UI errors. I've narrowed it down to being an interaction between the EUI and CSD, but I also have a UI error with just CSD!

I am using EUI v1.26 (May 3 2015) and CSD v27 for Brave New World, the latest version of each, and not the version for Community Patch.

First, the problem running only CSD with no EUI. Once I declare war on a city state, I am unable to ever look at that City State's diplomacy interface again. So, I am stuck in eternal war. This also happens if an enemy civ's CS ally declares war on me. What could cause this to happen when I have no other mods of any kind running? Do I need to try a fresh install of CiV? I should mention that this still happens with a fresh install of CSD v27 with no files deleted, and cache cleared. One interesting thing I noticed is that if I'm at war with the only City State I've met, on the Diplomacy screen the City State is listed but below it is shown the text "YOU HAVE NOT MET ANY CITY STATES". http://imgur.com/HuK9VbK

Then, with CSD and EUI. There is still the bug with not being able to make peace with city states, and in addition I cannot access the diplomacy interface at all, so I cannot see what active trade deals I have, etc. On this thread, the compatibility for EUI says to delete CityView.lua from CSD. That didn't help. On the page for EUI, it is also suggested to delete TopPanel.lua and InfoTooltipInclude.lua as well, but that also does not fix either issue.

I have tried deleting the cache before trying each of these scenarios, and still get the same result. Am I doomed to never enjoy CSD? Thanks for any help.

First, the problem running only CSD with no EUI. Once I declare war on a city state, I am unable to ever look at that City State's diplomacy interface again. So, I am stuck in eternal war. This also happens if an enemy civ's CS ally declares war on me. What could cause this to happen when I have no other mods of any kind running? Do I need to try a fresh install of CiV? I should mention that this still happens with a fresh install of CSD v27 with no files deleted, and cache cleared. One interesting thing I noticed is that if I'm at war with the only City State I've met, on the Diplomacy screen the City State is listed but below it is shown the text "YOU HAVE NOT MET ANY CITY STATES". http://imgur.com/HuK9VbK

I can confirm I have this exact issue. Sometimes I get the "YOU HAVE NOT MET ANY CITY STATES" message if I've met multiple CSs as well.

Top Bottom