[MODMOD] Thal´s FlagPromotions for CPP

Well there is no unit icon at all , even when i load the mod alone .
Nobody else having a problem when installing the mod??

So , wouldn't it be better if you had used the "original" mod ? http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=389192

Tried the obviously outdated v3 that i found there and it works , the unit icon + promotions on top , but the unit panel is gone .

-------------------- EDIT ----------------------

Just deleted the unitpanel.lua in the outdated v3 mod , and it worked , in a quick test found a few problems : the earned promotion only show up in the next turn , units that are out of your line of sight still show the promotions, if the unit enters combat the unit icon and promotions disappear.

Will any of whowards69 promotions be added to thals flagpromotions? Siege Defensive Terrain, Terrain Crossing, Jet long Range recon, Heli AirRecon, Extra Cargo etc.? I run alot of mods with CP, and cbp and had to drop alot of promotions due to crashes.

Will any of whowards69 promotions be added to thals flagpromotions? Siege Defensive Terrain, Terrain Crossing, Jet long Range recon, Heli AirRecon, Extra Cargo etc.? I run alot of mods with CP, and cbp and had to drop alot of promotions due to crashes.
you can simply add any promotion you would like to.
In my modpack, you can see in my signature, I added several new promotions.
You could compare original and my version, to find out how to add new promotions.

It is suggested that anyone removes this part of the code.
Code:
INSERT INTO UnitPromotions_UnitCombats	(PromotionType, UnitCombatType)
SELECT DISTINCT							PromotionType, 'UNITCOMBAT_MOUNTED_ARCHER'
FROM UnitPromotions_UnitCombats WHERE	UnitCombatType = 'UNITCOMBAT_ARCHER';
Cat_Promotions.sql

It creates an error and clutters up the database of Civilization 5 when attempting to draw horse archers' promotions. Should be savegame compatible.

Code:
Cat_Promotions.sql

It creates an error and clutters up the database of Civilization 5 when attempting to draw horse archers' promotions. Should be savegame compatible.

when exactly happens the error? Only if someone build a horse archer ingame? Or when? Because I use this pack in my modpack and had no problems, except some problems with win 10 because of the ' in the modname.

when exactly happens the error? Only if someone build a horse archer ingame? Or when? Because I use this pack in my modpack and had no problems, except some problems with win 10 because of the ' in the modname.

Nothing really except clutter your database logs, since UNIT_MOUNTED_ARCHER as a UnitType technically doesn't exist.

Code:
Cat_Promotions.sql

Thanks!! :thumbsup:

More than 1000 downloads thx to you all!
I think its time for an update ;)

Vers. 1.06
- should work now standalone with the vanilla Vers.(Without any changes needed)
- works with the CommunityPatchProject files (ofcourse )
- added promotions of the Kris-Warrior from indonesia
- removed some unnecessary log-spamming lines of code. THX @enginseer
- fixed a bug regarding the naval-promo-stacking THX @serp
- renamed the mod folder to avoid possible win10 problems THX @serp
- Whowards Airbase mod. compability

Special Thanks to Serp :king: for helping troubleshooting and helping the community at this thread !

Loving it, but i'm used to play with the strategic view. Would it be possible to adapt it?

Sry mate, not at the moment, I just dont get it at all, to make this possible it will cost me dozens of hours... :(

So, nothing? Am i the only one having problems here ? ....

pls. try the new vers. and post if you have trouble

I dont think the promos are the problem of crashing your game, pls test/use the new vers. , I will add some of the promos in the future

Code:
Cat_Promotions.sql

Thx mate, I have removed the lines in the actual Vers. 1.06

Getting a texture error (red box instead of promotion icon, + popup window that says texture not found) on Mt. Kilimanjaro's promo. Is it me or the mod?

Getting a texture error (red box instead of promotion icon, + popup window that says texture not found) on Mt. Kilimanjaro's promo. Is it me or the mod?

Thank you, Ive updated the files

Vers. 1.66
- fixed missing expansion2_promotion32.dds
(Maybe the 64 and 256.dds ones maybe not working too, atm the IngameEditor is not working with the cBp so its hard to test )

Thanks a lot for the update!! :thumbsup:

edit:
There was this small error with the new UnitFlagManager.lua
[22949.650] Runtime Error: Assets\DLC\MP_MODSPACK\Mods\Thal´s FlagPromotions-CPP Vers 1.05\Interface\FlagPromotions\UnitFlagManager.lua: 1182: attempt to index local 'pUnit' (a nil value)
[22949.665] Runtime Error: Assets\DLC\MP_MODSPACK\Mods\Thal´s FlagPromotions-CPP Vers 1.05\Interface\FlagPromotions\UnitFlagManager.lua: 1182: attempt to index local 'pUnit' (a nil value)
[22949.681] Runtime Error: Assets\DLC\MP_MODSPACK\Mods\Thal´s FlagPromotions-CPP Vers 1.05\Interface\FlagPromotions\UnitFlagManager.lua: 1182: attempt to index local 'pUnit' (a nil value)

have you been able to fix it in 1.06/ 1.66?

Thanks a lot for the update!! :thumbsup:

edit:
There was this small error with the new UnitFlagManager.lua

have you been able to fix it in 1.06/ 1.66?

Im no able to reproduce it, I have redone the merging of the Improved Airbases UnitFlagManager.lua , MAYBE its gone.
The error points at line 1182 BUT in the 1.66 vers. there is no corresponding line to pUnit.
Pls post the lualog again if the error should occur again.

Hi! First post here. I just want to thank you for the update because now the mod is finally working with EUI!

I just wish it would allow you to load from within a game :(

Im no able to reproduce it, I have redone the merging of the Improved Airbases UnitFlagManager.lua , MAYBE its gone.
The error points at line 1182 BUT in the 1.66 vers. there is no corresponding line to pUnit.
Pls post the lualog again if the error should occur again.

In the previous version it was this line:

local position = VecAdd( unitPosition, CityWorldPositionOffset );

g_MasterList[ playerID ][ unitID ]:UnitMove( pUnit:GetX(), pUnit:GetY(), position.x, position.y, position.z );
--[[
local worldOffset = Vector3( 0, 0, 35 );
local position = VecAdd( unitPosition, worldOffset );

But if it occurs again I'll let you know!

Thank you, Ive updated the files

(Maybe the 64 and 256.dds ones maybe not working too, atm the IngameEditor is not working with the cBp so its hard to test )

This seems to be the case. :/

When you try to click on specific promotions (Pride of the Ancestors, Wolfpack 1+2+3, Skyranger, etc) in the Civilopedia, you get a large red box and an error 'unable to load texture [expansion2-256.dds]'

Also the icons for some other promotions (Recruitment, Restlessness,..) are empty and for others (Sneak Attack for example) instead of the 256-icon there is a very pixelated, zoomed in version of the much smaller icon size.

CP's issue with the IGE has been fixed btw. :)

Vers. 1.06 its working fine (so far) here . Thanks :)

---------------------- EDIT ON 11/11 ---------------

Just confirmed the texture error on 256 (expansion 2 , 256)

Top Bottom