FfH2 0.31 Changelog

If you are saying what I think you are saying then yea I agree... :confused:

Use the BTS great general battle experience model and free up the percentage in cities so that we can get a higher chance for the other Great Peeps

That is exactly what I'm saying. Please use the battle experience model to generate great generals instead of GPPs in cities. I also advocate completely replacing Great Commanders (ffh2 style) with Great Generals (BtS style), because I think the AI handles Great Generals more effectively.

...so the Luchuirp won't be getting this warrior too? IIRC they're both stuck with Mr. Shortbeard as their warrior atm.

That is exactly what I'm saying. Please use the battle experience model to generate great generals instead of GPPs in cities. I also advocate completely replacing Great Commanders (ffh2 style) with Great Generals (BtS style), because I think the AI handles Great Generals more effectively.

I completly agree. Great commander is so flavorless and also out of place if you get him without ever fighting a war... Now when FfH is on BtS we can finally say goodbye to this old vanilla replacement. Hope so...

As for the changelog, the dwarven adept model is my favorite. The old one looked as a mercenary and quite out of theme. I am sure seZereth prepared something nice for us all :)

I think that removing the Enraged promotions in combat is too much. This really weakens the Wrath event. Players would just have to fight one minor battle to assure their units do not go barbarian. It is better to just return a chance of wearing off per turn.

Give Enraged instead of Enraged?

May I assume you mean Crazed?

Giving both of these promotions may be acceptable, but I still think that enraged shouldn't automatically go away from one combat, disregarding the type and strength of both the attacking and defending unit. I think this is just one more reason to add the pyOnVictory and pyOnDefeat tags to the promotions xml schema to call python functions at the appropriate times. (I also still think that these and pyperturn should be found in both CIV4PromotionInfos.xml and CIV4UnitInfos.xml)

MagisterCultuum said:
I think that removing the Enraged promotions in combat is too much. This really weakens the Wrath event. Players would just have to fight one minor battle to assure their units do not go barbarian. It is better to just return a chance of wearing off per turn.

Completely agree. The Wrath event has already been severely weakened in the latest version, I think. In my most recent game all that happened when the Avatar spawned was that a bunch of my units got the Enraged promotion, then every couple of turns one of them would go barbarian so I'd have to have other units kill it. Not very scary. The Avatar, meanwhile, spawned somewhere far away and didn't do too much.

Wrath was much more powerful in earlier version, as I recall: units would become barbarian and teleport to the Avatar's location, so he'd start out with a massive army and really do some damage. Of course if he spawned on or near your territory you were finished, but if he spawned somewhere else it was sweet to see him take out one or more of your rivals.

Maybe instead of having Wrath grant units the Crazed or Enraged promotion, just have those units go barbarian right away but stay where they are instead of being teleported to the Avatar's location. That way the mayhem is widespread instead of being concentrated in one spot and against one or two civs. Just a thought.

I would prefer making Enraged have a higher chance of turning a unit barbarian (currently it only has a 1% chance, while Burning Blood has a 10% chance), but also a (~15%?) chance of wearing off on its own. Going back to converting all the units automatically is hard on some machines, and having all your units likely to betray you at any time just seems cooler. The they could also add a PyOnVictory define that makes werewolves lose the promotion automatically when they upgrade to blooded.

I would also like to be able to control the chances that crazed will randomly grant enraged instead of having it be purely random; this doesn't really require a new tag however, since it could easily be controlled by a pyperturn python call instead. The PromotionFromCombat, UnitConvertFromCombat, iUnitConvertFromCombatChance, UnitCreateFromCombat, and iUnitCreateFromCombatChance could also all be handled in by python functions very easily, as could giving Donal his recruiter promotion back and letting goblins become wolf riders.

Patch I looks nice, although I was hoping it would contain significant XML/SDK changes (. I was actually kinda hoping I would have to start over on my modmod for a new patch, since I seriously messed it up when trying to incorporate AoI graphics.

Does this patch makes any changes to the SDK, apart from fixing the bug with events? Vehem already included this together with the changes from the UnitStats modmod and his code to allow blocks to city growth/starvation in the custom dll he made for me. I'm wondering if I can still use that or if I have to ask him to do it again (or try editing it myself)

I notice that the new patch still has UNIT_MACEMAN instead of UNIT_CHAMPION in line 1646 of CvEventManager.py. This seems to be causing late game crashes when the barbarians get iron working (as originally reported here - though the line number varies a bit).

Can anyone find any other known bugs, we can "re-point" out before the flood of balancing suggestions, ideas, etc come pouring in? With the volume of posts in this forum, they're bound to get missed, so I'm just wanting to get them seen =)

Could you make it so that the Defender trait (or the Homeland promotion) grants +1 xp per victory within your cultural borders? The trait seems really weak right now. It might also be thematically appropriate fro raiders to only give +1 xp outside of your borders.

I've heard about several bugs since the release of patch i, although I haven't come across any (it does see odd though that I didn't get a single event in 250 turns, except for Armageddon events, and that the effects of those all happened a turn before the warning appeared). Does this mean there will be a patch j? It would be nice to know before converting my modmod.

Could you make it so that the Defender trait (or the Homeland promotion) grants +1 xp per victory within your cultural borders? The trait seems really weak right now. It might also be thematically appropriate fro raiders to only give +1 xp outside of your borders.

I've heard about several bugs since the release of patch i, although I haven't come across any (it does see odd though that I didn't get a single event in 250 turns, except for Armageddon events, and that the effects of those all happened a turn before the warning appeared). Does this mean there will be a patch j? It would be nice to know before converting my modmod.

The first post in the bug thread has the information on patch "j". It will probably be released tomorrow.

You should probably update the first post to say that everythong up to today was added as patch j, instead of just the stuff as of 1/21 as patch g.

Does patch j include any SDK changes (since patch h, excluding c.fe's fix)? I want to know if I can still use the dll vehem made for my modmod, which combines UnitStats, his change that lets be block city growth/starvation in python, and c.fe's random event fix.

You should probably update the first post to say that everythong up to today was added as patch j, instead of just the stuff as of 1/21 as patch g.

Does patch j include any SDK changes (since patch h, excluding c.fe's fix)? I want to know if I can still use the dll vehem made for my modmod, which combines UnitStats, his change that lets be block city growth/starvation in python, and c.fe's random event fix.

Yes it has SDK changes.

Any update on .31? Been awhile

Its been 5 days since the last patch.

Ive been adding new things into the patches, but to be honest I can either fix bugs or add features, not both (at least not very well). Im kinda liking being able to put patches out there because people don't have to download quite so much and I still get all my stuff in.

Its been 5 days since the last patch.

Ive been adding new things into the patches, but to be honest I can either fix bugs or add features, not both (at least not very well). Im kinda liking being able to put patches out there because people don't have to download quite so much and I still get all my stuff in.

I have appreciated the patch approach with the added events as this has given you the time to either fine tune or fix the bugs the occur with the new material. would I like to see a concentrated look at a new civ or units? of course, but as long as new content is coming into my greedy little hands, all hail to the FfH2 team!

Top Bottom