Korea and Ancient Wonders DLC Video!

The third bonus of the Mausoleum sounds more like a Civ's UA than a wonder bonus. Also the last bonus of the Temple doesn't feel like a wonder. :/

Although I do agree the ancient era needs more action.
I hate ancient era wars.
It is incredibly boring to watch warriors and archers (maybe chariot archers) duke it out over size 1 cities.
Maybe this will cause less ancient era wars as civs focus more on these and less on building units.

I agree, ancient era wars are boring and almost useless. I always try building up my capitol in ancient era - classical era. Medieval is where war gets nice :)

they really want this to be a war game, i swear on the geman guys life.

Originial Civs with 2 UU 8 out of 18
DLC Civs with 2 UU 4 out of 7

it is 50-50, so not bad imho

Your list is incomplete.

Civs with;
2 UU: 12 out of 25
2 UB: 0
2 UI: 0

I really hate that it's all focussed on war, which is just one aspect of the game (or barely an aspect at all with some playstyles). I'd love to see a 2 UB civ to please the builder fans. I think the war fans have had their share of DLC by now.

Agreed completely.... ^^^. Can't stand total war the entire game. Slows my comp down like heck. I prefer turn clicking to be honest. Go to 3 things, between UI, UU, and UB's. Or add more abilities. More diversity doesn't really hurt anybody outside of some imbalance issues that have to be worked out.

Agreed completely.... ^^^. Can't stand total war the entire game. Slows my comp down like heck. I prefer turn clicking to be honest. Go to 3 things, between UI, UU, and UB's. Or add more abilities. More diversity doesn't really hurt anybody outside of some imbalance issues that have to be worked out.

They really should have an AI aggressiveness setting.

I don't like how they include scenarios with other stuff to artificially boost the price.

Well, Babylon was $5 without scenario, so it clearly isn't boosting the price. It's trying to give greater value for the same price.

I look forward to play the Koreans! Sejong looks great and the Koreans will surely be a rival for Babylon.

On the other hand there is the WOTAW DLC.. Wonders are nice, but seriously, couldn't they have included the Hittites and Sumeria while the were at it? I know it requires some work, but still, I feel cheated! :p At least I hope these two civs will join the base game in the future!

We'll put it there when it's actually released; no need to duplicate the effort when the announcement and release are only a couple of days apart.

Their accuracy and attention to detail for the throne room and Sejong himself is astonishing. I'd expect no less when it comes down to Firaxis/2K wanting this game to represent Korea AND tap into the PC gamers of South Korea.

Problem is most Koreans would play Korea and never actually see it ;)

I don't like how they include scenarios with other stuff to artificially boost the price. I'm sure some people like scenarios, but I'm willing to bet most people are in it for the Wonders and the Civs and just play the basic game. That's my case.

Basically, I'd probably be ready to pay 4$ for Korea and the Wonders TOGETHER (although I think Wonders are either patch material, or proper expansion material, DLC wonders is a weak concept ethically, unless they are individual packs for like 99 cents... But I don't know if you guys realize that you're confusing a new customer... If I type Civ 5 in Steam store, good luck, I hate to try to look for a game and see 15 different DLCs and have to spend 2 hours researching my purchase). So yeah, these are my prices... That's it. And now I'm forced to buy stuff I don't want (scenarios..)

Forget it actually, I'm not forced at all. I'm just not buying it. Until it's down to a decent price. This is how I got most of the Civs; during the summer sale. I got all the DLC civs in one go during that sale for like 10$, which is what I consider an acceptable price. What was it... 5 civs for 10$? That's what I put the value at. It compares with Civ IV expansions like BtS, where you also paid a similar $/civ rate plus some additions.

More than this should be a no sale.

Too bad because the Korean civ looks amazing. Can't wait for 2K to price it correctly.

ok you have fun while the rest of us dish out a few bucks for an amazing game. :)

You can't think about it like that... yeah you are playing the game several hours a week if not more.... but these numbers add up. Do you really want 150+ dollars invested in a single game? Obviously Firaxis isn't going to care if there is a buyer out there in this market.

150$??? even if somehow they release dlc's that add up to 150$, theyre only asking for a few bucks for THEIR time and effort (Yes, They have job like the rest of the world). 5 bucks at MOST per DLC every 2-4 months adding up to 150$ isnt bad man.

I am getting really tired of people complaining on this thread about DLC prices.
There is a "Civ V rants thread" you know?

Top Bottom