Science challenge - Settler to Deity

I think I was unable to parse the grammar of the OP on this Challenge unfortunately. Contrary to how it may seem, I did read the instructions a few times before playing each game.

One line that threw me was 'You can play without DLC'...did that mean DLC was my choice or did the OP mistype that and mean NO DLC Allowed?

I think I was unable to parse the grammar of the OP on this Challenge unfortunately. Contrary to how it may seem, I did read the instructions a few times before playing each game.

One line that threw me was 'You can play without DLC'...did that mean DLC was my choice or did the OP mistype that and mean NO DLC Allowed?

Read the HoF rules at http://hof.civfanatics.net/civ5/rules.php

It was a bit confusing the first time I read it and when I submitted my first HoF game a few months back I wasn't even sure I did it right :) But basically if you have G&K and/or BNW the all DLC are allowed. But do pay attention to the maps allowed and certain options.

Thanks for the link, but I already read those pretty thoroughly. Might try again as I typically don't focus on Fast Science Victories though, could be fun.

Turn 249 launch

Went with Korea, Pangaea, Hot, Arid, High seas, got coastal start, with salt, built 4 cities on coast for cargo ships. Was hard to resist the inland mountain range, but I did.

Went 4 city tradition, great library, NC on turn 80, education 105.

Stole 3 workers from Ethiopia, then forward settle between him, and dido... dido declared on ehtiopia... France settled the mountain range...

Dido takes 2 of 3 Ethiopian cities... I denounced dido, makes everyone happy, and then 10 turns later, with Poly, France, and Inca, I attack dido... and take her coastal city and coastal capital... France beat me to Addis ababa, but I liberated the other Ethiopian city.

Consolidated my empire, sent all food cargo ships to seoul for growth. Turn 160, scientific theory.
Took freedom.

Used Oxford for plastics at turn 195... was able to buy three research labs, cash is a problem, since the AI has so little.

Proposed Worlds fair, probably a mistake as I had to spend too much time getting it.

Finished with Seoul at pop 46, then 27, 27, 25, and dido's cities, 18, 20. After hubble, Changed food to Seoul to hammers, and built 2 space parts while teching, and bulbed 1 faith bought GS, and one spawned.

I know this will be beat, but it is a good finish for me. I have uploaded to HOF.

Spoiler :

For the fun of it, I loaded the auto save from this game, just before finishing radio, so that I could pick order, instead of freedom.... to see the difference.

Finished the research on turn 245, but my 2500 faith engineer was not strong enough to finish the part in one turn, so I had to wait 4 more turns to finish....

Launched turn 249 again

Spoiler :

As I now have a working Video Software, i might spend 2 evenings for a Sub t200 deity game finally. With decent land it should really not be too hard.

Might give the inca save from here a try.

Or if some1 got a good but not totaly op start spot just post maybe.

Looking for:
civ: bab, Korea, poland, spain
land: desert/fp and mountain cap plant possible or good salt wheat start with Poland, or something nice with spain
Settings: Standard, no scrambled cont pack

As I now have a working Video Software, i might spend 2 evenings for a Sub t200 deity game finally. With decent land it should really not be too hard.

Or if some1 got a good but not totaly op start spot just post maybe.

Looking for:
civ: bab, Korea, poland, spain
land: desert/fp and mountain cap plant possible or good salt wheat start with Poland, or something nice with spain
Settings: Standard, no scrambled cont pack

well if you want your game in HOF, you have to roll map yourself

i dont care for HOF and I dont have interest or time to do 100 rerolls.

for the t190 Assyria game i was quite lucky and had in like 2nd or 3rd roll good land but I know that one can get awful (or medium) land 10 or 50 times in row aswell.

That is one of the best maps I have ever played at least as Inca. I finished it even quicker than the cooked Babylon map and I am not even that good deity player. And whoever cooked it finished that map on T193.

I think Acken finished sub 220 or so that Inca map, can check the spreadsheet again.

That Inca map is borderline op. It's not op simply because you are surrounded by early warmongers.

I had a nice SV as settler babylon (lol). It was small size pangea quick speed. Finished in the 180-190 turn marker...

whole game my only wars were to pillage enemy lands - and most importantly demand resource from AI so that I always get WLTKD growth bonus.

OFten on settler the AI just starts getting scared and offers you their cities... I'd almost rather take the resource needed for growth.

-My mistakes were not bulbing early enough. Had I bulbed earlier, then I could push victory sooner. I had like 7 GS piled up for bulbs or something ridiculous + late oxford + rationalism boost. My hubble scientist were both used for like internet and globalization because all useful tech was done already.

-Another mistake maybe was that I didnt expand beyond the 4-cities I setteld. They were all ok cities, and I was doing good job using food cargos all the game between the cities.

-then because I played freedom. I think I should have just chopped everything down, and farmed... except for forest hills with lumbermills. That way, you would surely have had lots and lots of food.

-I bought one or two ss parts. But sadly due to the nature of my inland sea cities. I was unable to trade effectively for gold income. I had two cities on the same inland sea, and two cities on another inland sea, connected together via railroad. No outer sea access at all. Then, the AIs trolled me with ban CS trade, I suppose I just countered that with world religion and world ideology.

-I had really late guilds, only built them after world's fair was won to get the bonus.

I did a 195 last year with Shoshone, so it's certainly not impossible and might be easier with a true :c5science: civ. The reroll intensive bit is getting a game with all the DoFs for RAs and a decent city-state situation. IIRC, game didn't qualify for HoF because I bungled something late (forget what) and had to go back fifteen or twenty turns to fix the error in order to go under 200.

I did a 195 last year with Shoshone, so it's certainly not impossible and might be easier with a true :c5science: civ.

To be sure - was this science, deity, standard speed, standard size game in BNW without legendary start, etc?

Do you have any screenshots, saves left, not as proof; but to satisfy curiosity ;)

Last year bnw was before RA nerf right ?

Yes, I just realised this game was probably before 'fall patch' with RA nerf and more expensive Spaceship parts

Yes, I just realised this game was probably before 'fall patch' with RA nerf and more expensive Spaceship parts

Yes it was before the last patch, see this thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=508640&page=5

I think there were other sub210 victories in that thread. RA really were OP back then (or now they suck depends on the perspective :p). Forgot about the change to SS parts too, makes a good difference too. Map also was on Emperor so a lot of wonders were possible.

Top Bottom