Hotseat is coming soon

Suggestions:

- Allow shift/alt/control click queuing hotkeys back into the game
- Have an interrupt feature on units with pathing that takes them within range of enemy units (barbs or opponents at war), such that units don't auto-move into danger without instruction (this exists for workers making improvements...well somewhat)
- Allow selection of multiple units at once

Second.
Also, can I add another one?

- show me the destination of units with an active GoTo command
(it's impossible to see if a unit is currently moving to somewhere)

Yay hot seat. HoMM3 hot seat is literally a part of my childhood life :lol:
Why didn't you do it earlier so that more of my friends would buy and play MP games though. It would've pleased fans and firaxis alike imo.

Thanks Greg. It is nice to see features one could expect on release finally making it in an aeon later :-/

Pitboss is a standalone program to work as a dedicated server.
PBEM stands for Play By Email, which basically mails the savegame.

People still play by mail? I remember early 90's when you could play i.e a Football Manager game where you would send a letter in the mail with your lineup for the next match and bids for new players, and got a letter with results and negotiations the week after. Old schoold :)

Do realize it's email now though :p

:lol: hey, in other gaming communities they've ranted to get something like this (eh, resembles a dedicated server a little bit, doesn't it?).

You have to know that TMIT is beta tester, and they have somewhere at 2K/Firaxis their own forum ;).

Edit: muah, beaten by the hamster.

I have my reasons for putting the suggestions here, and the most obvious one that doesn't violate NDA is to see how much the community cares for such things.

Good to see more things being added, though I probably won't use it (got no friends lol).

Second.
Also, can I add another one?

- show me the destination of units with an active GoTo command
(it's impossible to see if a unit is currently moving to somewhere)

Please please please add this :please:

Suggestions:

- Put in a mechanic that prevents players from double-moving in multiplayer such that ending turn before the end of the turn timer isn't a SERIOUS risk. Double moving is not strategy. Double moving has no place in civ.
- Allow shift/alt/control click queuing hotkeys back into the game
- Have an interrupt feature on units with pathing that takes them within range of enemy units (barbs or opponents at war), such that units don't auto-move into danger without instruction (this exists for workers making improvements...well somewhat)
- Do something about the inability to end turn based on the "choose production" loop bug in MP (it prompts you to choose production even when you have done so and blocks end turn)
- Allow settings to be changed in the game-launch lobby, there's no logical reason players can't do this
- Allow more than 4 players to play MP at once
- Allow build commands to go to multiple cities simultaneously
- Allow selection of multiple units at once

Not related, but I also want an in-game clock.

I doubt I'll get much mileage out of the feature, but as yet another sign of fantastic post-launch support, I'll take it. I know a lot of people in the community do care a lot about this feature.

Firaxis, you keep this up, I just might forgive you for that awful launch.

As i am an exclusively solo player, i would have prefer to get the replay...

I'm solo only so far too and never needed hotseat in the past civilizations. I was really hoping it will be replay, but...

After reading few posts about it i understand, that it can be fun for single player too. For example playing myself with 2-3 civs coop. Of course it won't be major mode to use, but having fun this way sometimes won't hurt ;)

IMHO the biggest reason why Civ V needed hotseat on release (but better late than never) is because they are requiring the same household to pay for the game multiple times right now just to be able to play the same game with each other. With hotseat, you only need 1 copy of the game to have everyone in the same household be able to play.

If past Civ history is any indicator, I'm expecting an announcement for the first major expansion soon...that is, if they are going to do expansions at all instead of constant DLCs. Regardless, I would expect a rule-changing DLC to be announced soon. In the past, releases and expansions for Civ were about a year apart.

Hotseat is something I'll never use but I guess it will make all the guys happy who want to play Civ5 with their girlfriend. I can think of things I'd rather do with my girlfriend than take turns at Civ. :p

PBEM is a must-have. Not only because YOU, Take Two, said before the release that you would implement EVERY MP mode of Civ4, but because PBEM is very useful if you want as much time as you need to make your turn. For example, the DGs in the german Civforum are played with PBEM only.

That's the big surprise? Very disappointing. :rolleyes:

Hotseat in a game like Civ is one of the most agonizing experiences I can possibly think of.

Top Bottom