Way to shrink GUI and improve framerate?

danaphanous

religious fanatic
Hey guys,

I would like to improve the look, quality, and framerate of my games during recording.

The game functions fine with little latency without recording but as soon as I start recording with OBS I get a noticeable increase in latency. It's not so obvious in the videos but I notice and it slows things down.

I set the game resolution to 720p to reduce downsampling issues during recording and increase framerate but now my GUI and city names take up very large portions of the screne making it hard to click and see units around the cities and having to pan around a bunch. All in all it slows things down and is distracting. I saw and checked the small GUI option my gui size stays the same. I notice the relative size shrinks/grows as I change the resolution so I'm guessing it's a fixed scale. Is there a way to get them smaller? the map, in particular, seems to take up a huge part of my screen as does the unit info displays when I mouse over units. Together with the science display they can take up 1/3 of the screen. It makes it harder to see and navigate quickly.

This is with the Aspyr port to mac if that makes a difference or could explain why the small gui checkmark does not work on my version.

Attached is an example image of how cluttered the game can look with giant city labels and maps at times. I've have improved the ratio but I still am dissatisfied. Other recordings I've seen have a smaller map in particular.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-23 at 4.08.13 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-06-23 at 4.08.13 PM.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 109
I don't have a 16:9 monitor (I have 16:10) and the UI is also very large. I thought it had something to do with the 16:10 aspect ratio I was using but your post proved me wrong and it seems the UI size is tied to the resolution. Usually games give a much wider field of view on 16:9 due to it being, well, wider. If you find a workaround please post it.

Top Bottom