Ukrainian special unit?

ZergMazter

Prince
So in my world map i needed to relocate 1 of the european nation because it was too crowded. I replaced the Byzantine with the Ottoman geographically and i put Byzantine in a good spot. After going online I found out that the location i chose is where Ukraine is located, so i renamed the civ.

I was on my way to change the dromon special unit to an Ukrainean one, but after reading some more i found out Ukraine was created on 1991, and my hopes of remaking the dromon were pretty much over. That means I gotta make an industrial or modern special unit, and I dont have a clue where i will be able to find info on this.

Does anyone have any ideas? I was thinking maybe giving them a different version of the cossack since i read something about Rus cossacks, but im not sure if they were Russians :/

Or i guess i could always beef up a modern infantry unit and give it to them, but i wouldnt even know what to call it.

Classic Ukrainian unit is definitely an Ukrainian (Zaporozhyan) cossack. Both cossack units in this pack http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=16157 are very likely to be Ukrainian. It's difficult to tell about Industrial/Modern units because only WWI rifleman and Su-25 of Ukrainian air force are available, but technically you could add T-64 main battle tank, as it is the basic tank of Ukrainian army and was designed in Kharkiv, Ukraine.

Oh cool im making lots of changes to this civ. Changing leaderheads is kinda hard so i left the Byzantine girl and renamed Olga after a little bit of research lol. Im deff gonna give them T-64s and Su-25 once i get the files. Cossacks as well!

Either make it a king flagged upgradable unit for all galleys so everyone can use after researching engineering, and giving the Ukrainians a galley instead, or simply disable it if it doesnt work out as planned.

I need a special unit for Ukraine, so i've been thinking about a different cossack version. I know im making crazy changes lol, but oh well.

Top Bottom