Unit Thread v.2

Tyranids are far more suited to being barbarians that a playable faction IMO. Their entire existance is attacking and consuming; they do not negotiate trade deals, they do not swap technologies, they do not sign treaties. They are, in my view, too animalistic and alien to be a playable faction in the main mod.

However, I can see them as a playable faction in a scenario like the zombies in KA's Escape From Zombie Island 2, where they are in a locked war against all the other factions.

As for Titans, maybe in the first version, but i'd like to get everything else finished first

And the Necrons:

- I forgot to add in a Walker, mine was the Triarch Stalker, the six-legged spidery looking one rather than the big mechanical centipede

- The tesseract and obelisk are both larger than the monolith, and more powerful. I was actually thinking of having the tesseract vault as a wonder spawning c'tan shards or transendent c'tan

- I'd rather not have multiples of the same unit unless its to fill a hole in the unit line

- I was going to make the Triarch Praetorian a auto-produced unit, at either the assault infantry or elite infantry tech

LMR, I know you've been working on this project for some time now. I hope you can use some of the cut-and-paste units I've been posting to either add variety or expedite the process. Recently I've added some units that are passable for Imperial Guard. I felt that the Napoleonic units resemble the Mordian Iron Guard (on the GW site, they look like overdressed cadets) and the gear of some of the WWII units in [ptw] reminded me of the Valhallan forces -- kind of a merging of Soviet and German infantry, if I'm not mistaken.

The standard infantry has lasguns. A few units will be special weapons, such as lascannon, meltagun, and plasma gun. Officers will have plasma pistols, but no swords (it's cut-and-paste, alright?!).

Hope I can be of some help. I'm doing this for the fun of it; I have no intention of making a WH40K mod, myself.

I certainly will be, unfortunately there aren't currently places for a lot of what you've made. Valhallans aren't in the mod, there is just the Imperial Guard, although they would be useful for a scenario, if one was made.

Check out the first page of this thread, there are lists of the units that will be in the mod. And feel free to post here with previews if you wanted suggestions or help. I used to cut n paste myself so I know it can be tricky :)

An update :eek:

I was inspired to make some more Sisters stuff when I saw erebras's immolator and exorcist (both excellent btw), and was in the process of posting these previews when I saw he'd posted up a Penitent Engine too. It needs more details around the body and an engine at the back, but its almost ready for animating.

Erebras pointed out in his thread that most of the penitents are women, so i switched the model and gave her a nice dress to be repentant in. The new mask is also closer to the ones on the model, but looks a little plain. Gave it a basic engine at the back, and unless there is anything anybody thinks i should change/add, i might start some animations...

I finally learned how to convert units from Dawn of War to CivIII. Here is a small preview of Ork Gargant in game (only default is done yet and I'm planning to redo it).

The main problems so far:

1.Effects are hard coded in game, so I cannot open them in 3ds max. I can't make it myself either, so the only way I see is cut and paste them. Any suggetions on where to take them, templates etc. would be very appreciated.

2.I'm still not pleased with lighting. I'm going to try one from Vingrjoe's Civ3UnitSetup.

Top Bottom