Keeping Resources in Check (No Phantom Resources)

I greatly appreciate all the help. I am a frustrating person to deal with when it comes to computer stuff as I am self taught, and I know nothing:

I didn't post my resource file. I posted my Matrix. I have been using these 64 resources with the same luxuryicons_small for several months, no problems at all. It has just been the last couple of weeks that this problem appeared. I just copied from mod to conquests. (ps: I did have a previous Conquests.BIQ go corrupt and vanish.)

-------------------- My Matrix:("Icon"-as it appears in Editor)
-------------column 1 ----------------column 2:
Row 01= Icon 00: Horse=(str)............Row 01= Icon 32:Beef=(bon)
Row 02= Icon 01: Iron.=(str).............Row 02= Icon 33:Rice=(bon)
Row 03= Icon 02: Salt-P=(str)...........Row 03= Icon 34:Corn=(bon)
Row 04= Icon 03: Coal=(str)..............Row 04= Icon 35:Bk-Cattle=(bon)
Row 05= Icon 04: Oil=(str)................Row 05= Icon 36:Fishes=(bon)
Row 06= Icon 05: Rubber=(str)..........Row 06= Icon 37:Maize=(bon)
Row 07= Icon 06: Aluminium=(str)......Row 07= Icon 38:Camels=(bon)
Row 08= Icon 07: Uranium=(str).........Row 08= Icon 39:Chickens=(bon)
Row 09= Icon 08: Grapes=(bon).........Row 09= Icon 40:Copper=(str)
Row 10= Icon 09: Fur=(bon)..............Row 10= Icon 41:Salt=(str)
Row 11= Icon 10: Dyes=(bon)............Row 11= Icon 42:JADE=(lux)
Row 12= Icon 11: Incense=(bon)........Row 12= Icon 43:Marble=(str)
Row 13= Icon 12: Spices=(bon)..........Row 13= Icon 44:GEMS=(lux)
Row 14= Icon 13: IVORY=(lux)...........Row 14= Icon 45:Tea(=bon)
Row 15= Icon 14: SILK==(lux)............Row 15= Icon 46:Coffee=(bon)
Row 16= Icon 15: DIAMONDS=(lux).....Row 16= Icon 47:Wool=(bon)
Row 17= Icon 16: Whale=(bon)..........Row 17= Icon 48:Sulfur=(str)
Row 18= Icon 17: Game=(bon)...........Row 18= Icon 49:LAPIS LAZULI=(lux)
Row 19= Icon 18: Fish=(bon).............Row 19= Icon 50:SILVER=(lux)
Row 20= Icon 19: Cattle=(bon)..........Row 20= Icon 51:Cotton=(str)
Row 21= Icon 20: Wheat=(bon).........Row 21= Icon 52:Stone=(str)
Row 22= Icon 21: GOLD==(lux)..........Row 22= Icon 53:Goats=(bon)
Row 23= Icon 22: Oasis=(bon)...........Row 23= Icon 54:Tin=(str)
Row 24= Icon 23: Sugar=(bon)..........Row 24= Icon 55:Clay=(str)
Row 25= Icon 24: Banana=(bon)........Row 25= Icon 56:Cinnabar=(str)
Row 26= Icon 25: Tobacco=(bon)......Row 26= Icon 57:Hemp=(str)
Row 27= Icon 26: Crabs=(bon)..........Row 27= Icon 58:potash=(str)
Row 28= Icon 27: Obsidian=(str)........Row 28= Icon 59:pigs=(bon)
Row 29= Icon 28: Wood=(str)............Row 29= Icon 60:pheasant=(bon)
Row 30= Icon 29: Sheep=(bon)..........Row 30= Icon 61:Sandstone=(str)
Row 31= Icon 30: Deer Doe=(bon)......Row 31= Icon 62:QUETZALS=(lux)
Row 32= Icon 31: Potato=(bon).........Row 32= Icon 63:PEARLS=(lux)

So my understanding of this as a Matrix would be that Jade comes first on the luxuries_small as it is Row 11 (column 2);
Next would come Gems as it is Row 13 (column 2);
3rd would be Ivory as it is Row 14 (column 1)
4th would be Silk as it is Row 15 (column 1)
etc.

luxurysmall.pcx order: = Jade / Gems / Ivory / Silk / Diamonds / Lapis Lazuli / Silver / Gold / Quetzals / Pearls:

= I'm sure i have this correct.

= If wrong how should the luxuryicon_small be using my matrix?

PS: trying to figure out how to post the luxurysmall_icon...:hammer2:

I guess I misunderstood you when you said this:

Only problem is the Luxury resources showing on my city screen LUXURIES Box are all wrong. I have 2 Luxuries in the game at present, Ivory and Silk. But in my LUXURIES Box I have Jade and Gems.

Pounder, you keep referring to a matrix. AFAIK there is a resources.pcx, a luxuryicons_small.pcx, a list in the editor & the 'pedia text file. It seems that your matrix is constructed by turning the list from the editor into a chart with 32 items in each column. But you haven't explicitly said so. I think that is where the confusion comes in.

The Matrix is not so hard for me to follow. Once I actually figured out the Rows and Columns. I just wish I could present like Pounders' Coloured Chart.

[Problem Persists]: I'm thinking that my problem with the wrong Resources appearing on my Cities Luxury Resource Box has nothing to do with the luxurysmall.pcx at all.

As I said I've used this 64 resources (10 Luxury Resources) Set Up in several Mods for a couple of months now, and everything worked fine. Then I converted my Conquests Game to this resource set up.

I had a few odd things happen. Game would present a LOAD ERROR on a unit which was a current unit in my games. Then a LOAD ERROR for my Harbour, which had never appeared before this. Then the resources seem to start to get all mixed up. Then I got a message that my Conquests BIQ was corrupt and the BIQ disappeared.

I copied another from my Back Up Files.

[NEW PROBLEM] = Now, not only is my Conquests Game showing these wrongly placed resources, but also the Mods that previously were fine and dandy. No problems before now.

[FURTHER NEW PROBLEM] = I just started a new Mod, "BUILDINGS", to practice adding buildings of course. First thing I noticed was the Resources in this game are also wrong.:confused::confused::confused: > This Mod has not being converted in anyway. It has the original resources, original luxurysmall.pcx, original Text and Units from CIV3 Conquests. I've only added a building to test to see if it works. It does.

Conclusion: Both converted and non converted games/mods are affected by this resource problem.

Could I have a Greater Problem within the files of my Conquest Game. A Bug or Virus ??? ( maybe I need to re-load my game ???.)

The Matrix is not so hard for me to follow. Once I actually figured out the Rows and Columns.
You are not the only one trying to understand the process. Pounder seems to have to explain this repeatedly for different individuals. One issue is that the opening tutorial assumes just enough to create confusion for many people coming to this for the first time. Stating a few more things in an explicit & simple way would make things easier for Pounder in the long run.

You are not the only one trying to understand the process. Pounder seems to have to explain this repeatedly for different individuals. One issue is that the opening tutorial assumes just enough to create confusion for many people coming to this for the first time. Stating a few more things in an explicit & simple way would make things easier for Pounder in the long run.

Just keep all your luxury and strategics in the first 32 editor entries resources and you can avoid all these problems.

But for those of you that have many many resources and have changed some of the editor entries past the first 32 to luxury or strategic, then I have tried to detail things, sorry if details confuse some people.

I for one am not trying to understand the Process. I got it. It was a bit hard at first. But then most things I attempt with Civ Modding are hard for me do to with me being Technologically Challenged. Some Modding techniques still remain a complete Mystery to me.

I appreciate the efforts you have made with this. In fact it stands out as one of the best things to happen to my game.:goodjob:

And yes, keeping all the LUX/STR resources within the first 32 does make things easier.

I also think my resource problems have nothing to do with the Matrix order.

I for one am not trying to understand the Process. I got it. It was a bit hard at first. But then most things I attempt with Civ Modding are hard for me do to with me being Technologically Challenged. Some Modding techniques still remain a complete Mystery to me.

I appreciate the efforts you have made with this. In fact it stands out as one of the best things to happen to my game.:goodjob:

And yes, keeping all the LUX/STR resources within the first 32 does make things easier.

I also think my resource problems have nothing to do with the Matrix order.

Thanks MPK.

sorry for bringing this up , but was searching for a thread about adding resources . ı have checked just the first and the last pages . Is it possible to post a ready make .biq with any relevant text files and .pcx so that ı could at least study them ? The thread as it's somewhat beyond my current capabilities

Did you find any answers. My comp capabilities may be even less than yours. I have no idea how to "post a ready make" anything.

I do play with 64 and 96 resource games.

ı have asked the creators of LotM whether ı could use theirs . Considering that was an early and very elaborate scheme of things that might possibly lead to games seizing or whatever am of the opinion that ı should first find a new way to get my editor working and then make a .biq interesting enough to get experienced people interested . Mind you the LotM guys are not forbidding me to use their work (with the express approval for the .pcx files) but merely trying to prevent me from shooting myself in the foot with doing this and that .

3) The chart I made is arranged in columns, if the number of resources you have is 32 or less, you have no issues. So if you had 128 resources you would be 4 columns wide and the rules would still apply, you can only have one strategic or luxury resource per row.

I ask, does this mean that if I place bonus resources on squares 32, 64, 96, 128, etc., or only one strategic or luxury resource is placed on every 4th resource square, will the phantom resource error be eliminated?

@WildWeazel

I deal with it because there is a way where there are more strategic and luxury resources than 32

if I understand correctly, the first 32 resources and the next 64 resources can overlap so that the strategic and bonus resources are side by side in 2 columns. So next to 1 strategic vagy luxus resource, only a bonus can be placed in 33rd place.

EFM resources:
Total resources: 95
Strategic: 59(60=scorpion)
Luxury: 18
bonus: 18(-1)

78 Strategic and luxury resources and currently
32 times 3 columns(96 total), if I create if I put strategic resources on top of each other that can't be linked to serious improvements, will they only be affected by the phantom error
Or do I touch all strategic and luxury resources or just those on top of each other?

ı still can not follow the discussion in 6 years so it would really be awesome if anyone who has solved the issues was to release a biq so that it could be copy pasted and then fitted to the scenario .

ı still can not follow the discussion in 6 years so it would really be awesome if anyone who has solved the issues was to release a biq so that it could be copy pasted and then fitted to the scenario .
Since I use a lot more strategic and luxury resources than 32, I’m preoccupied with the thing

Res_old.jpg

wishing you success !

To make it simple, limit your Luxury resources to no more than 8, your Strategic to no more than 24, and make sure Luxury and Strategic are listed first, and you will have far fewer headaches. ;)

Top Bottom