Another WW2 scenario

1) Somewhat. You should be able to modify the script more to your liking by editing a couple lua files.

First open "FECsummary.lua", and change "WAR_MINIMUM_STARTING_TURN = 76" to something like "WAR_MINIMUM_STARTING_TURN = 0", or whatever you'd prefer. That will allow open warring to occur within Axis/Allies restraints.
To then disable scripted diplomatic actions, open "FecScript.lua". Go through and delete all the table entries for "g_Major_Diplomacy" and "g_Major_Minor_DoW" so that they both match the "g_Major_Minor_Peace" table (which is already empty).

So when you're done it should look something like this:
Code:
g_Major_Diplomacy = {
}
g_Major_Minor_DoW = {
}
g_Major_Minor_Peace = {
}

To allow completely open warring, without breaking other things like the calendar/tech tree, would require more complicated changes. You could try deleting all the lua files, and see what happens. I guarantee the calendar will break, but the tech tree is something that I'm unsure about.

2) Unfortunately, I'm not too sure what it definitively takes to get Japan working. I have gotten Japan to be playable before by deleting units that they spawn with. So my thought is if a unit spawns on a portion of the map that is viewable by Japan at the start, then deleting it would probably help.

thanks im now able to declare war/peace as well as make friends w/ impunity. tech tree works fine as well. will edit if game crashes or if smething goes wrong.
nbeav54:)

Please excuse me for being a noob I havent done mods in quite awhile, and didn't have time to read through all 28 pages but I downloaded the newest version of the mod, installed all correctly I assume but am unsure how to play without getting the 'assertion' bug where it kicks me out of civ during the load... Help would be greatly appreciated :)

Please excuse me for being a noob I havent done mods in quite awhile, and didn't have time to read through all 28 pages but I downloaded the newest version of the mod, installed all correctly I assume but am unsure how to play without getting the 'assertion' bug where it kicks me out of civ during the load... Help would be greatly appreciated :)

I simply open the SDK world builder, open the map from the mod folder / maps, the change the description (ist the name and info seen when you select a map), then save it under a new name in the mygames/civ/maps folder. should work then ;)

I think you may need to use the vanilla game setup screen as well. From what I've seen, changing the map file like that should break the custom menu.

After playing Gedemon's RED scenario recently, I've been interested in making a European version of my own. The combat seems a lot more fun when everything isn't zoomed way out to the scale necessary for a global scenario. A few previous posters already mentioned they would prefer that to the full earth map this scenario is based on.

It would be pretty similar to how this scenario changes the game; just on a Europe map that includes an Eastern NA coastline. One thing I'd include is a revamp of the culture/social policy tree to be more propaganda oriented that also makes it relevant to the scenario time frame. That's something I've already been working on. There are a lot of other changes to the game that will stem from a policy tree revamp, plus I may turn off city growth or just make it much slower. I would undoubtedly make a few other changes as well to support the transition to the new scale.

Assuming I go ahead with the Europe scenario, this scenario will continue to be on hold for a while. Eventually I would likely make an update to it to include all applicable changes the Europe scenario ends up using.

Ah my mistake. I'm new here, so I wasn't familiar with attachments and uploading files yet. I have attached the newest version and uploaded in the downloads section since. It is also available via the in game mod browser, but that version has been slightly updated since.

As far as the xml changes go, I will keep that in mind for maybe next weekend. Thanks for the advice.

You have made the BEST WW2 mod EVER! :D But there's something that REALLY pisses me off.I get the "Assertion Failed!" when loading your custom map , so i tried to "set up a game" on my own.The mod looks perfect except that i can't build a single military unit... :mad: the resourses required for EVEN the infatry are INSANE!!! Is there anyway i can fix that? :sad:

You have made the BEST WW2 mod EVER! :D But there's something that REALLY pisses me off.I get the "Assertion Failed!" when loading your custom map , so i tried to "set up a game" on my own.The mod looks perfect except that i can't build a single military unit... :mad: the resourses required for EVEN the infatry are INSANE!!! Is there anyway i can fix that? :sad:

Open the map in the map editor and resave it.

Open the map in the map editor and resave it.

I probably need the STEAM version for that which i don't have :( Thanks anyway i'll stick with my set up games for this mod but if you could suggest me a mod/cheat which makes the resourses(especially strategic ones) never end , you'd be helping me A LOT!

I simply open the SDK world builder, open the map from the mod folder / maps, the change the description (ist the name and info seen when you select a map), then save it under a new name in the mygames/civ/maps folder. should work then ;)

I'll try this. Thanks for the help :D

Do you have to pirate it then? I bought the actual disk and it's still a Steam version.

See? Thats EXACTLY why i hate steam , "if you don't have the steam version , then you're automatically considered a pirate" You have no idea how many games i've bought from wallmart and CANNOT activate them on steam :mad:

See? Thats EXACTLY why i hate steam , "if you don't have the steam version , then you're automatically considered a pirate" You have no idea how many games i've bought from wallmart and CANNOT activate them on steam :mad:

I didn't say you were a pirate. My understanding is that you either buy Civ 5 from Steam or from a store on a disk. Since the store bought version is for steam anyway, I figured the only way to have a non-steam version is to pirate it.

Unless there's somewhere else you can buy Civ 5 that keeps it Steam free?

I didn't say you were a pirate. My understanding is that you either buy Civ 5 from Steam or from a store on a disk. Since the store bought version is for steam anyway, I figured the only way to have a non-steam version is to pirate it.

Unless there's somewhere else you can buy Civ 5 that keeps it Steam free?

LOL :D Sorry if i sounded angry , it has nothing to do with you :p.It's just that 1 day i bought a LEGAL & SEALED! copy/box of Half Life:Anthology from wallmart and steam said that "the activation code is already used" or something like that.And since Anthology is a Steam-version only i couldn't even play it offline/single player :mad:From that day i'm an OFFICIALY STEAM HATER!

Now about CIV 5:
It's stored in my C:\programm files (x86)\Sid Meiers CIV 5 NOT C:\programm files (x86)\steam\Sid Meiers CIV 5

2 possible explanations:

1)There are 2 versions of CIV 5 (Steam/Non-Steam)
2)If you have Steam installed(and you're logged in) ,the installer automatically activates the game on steam and puts the game in the Steam folder.If you don't have Steam, the installer sends the game to your programm files.I personally uninstalled Steam WAY before i bought CIV 5...

There is no legal non-steam version of civ5.

If you bought it, installed from a DVD and are able to use it without steam installed, then someone has sold you a cracked version.

There is no legal non-steam version of civ5.

If you bought it, installed from a DVD and are able to use it without steam installed, then someone has sold you a cracked version.

THAT'S why i had troubleshooting with the R.E.D mod :eek:.Anyway thanks, though there are limited things i can do now...:(

very good scenario friend, just as a suggestion you think you can make a map of earth like this but to play it from ancient to modern era? itll be better than other giant maps there are

Is there any way to play the mod in hotseat with another player? Modify a file maybe?

still loving this dude. atm im playing through as the ussr and so far well. germany didnt stand a chance and im not returning france's land, or any of the city states. hehe

@OsmarChito: That has crossed my mind. I even made one for myself a while back, so yep I will probably post a giant earth version eventually.

@meNNis: I think I would have had to check the box for that. I'll do it next time I post an update. I probably should have been doing so already, but I kept forgetting about it.

@joeymiles: Yeah, I think USSR is pretty powerful in this scenario. There is a Europe scenario in the works that should make Germany a more formidable foe.

On a side note, I figured out that tile improvements are what causes a lot of the slowdown for the game. By eliminating high reliance on them, the game moves along better, plus the problem with Japan being unplayable for some should be solved. I'm planning to post the Europe scenario, and then update Full Earth Campaign so that it uses the new improvements.

Top Bottom