President thread- Term 3

Indeed, though we can't tell for certain they may be just as powefull as us. We should probably get on the blower to them

450BC

Azelatorf (6) galley done next turn
Fever River (4) axe done, another axe in 4-though will be changed to 3
BCLGland (3) growth in 13, wb in 7
Victory (1) growth in 8 lib in 76

We also met CBR, they have alphabet- i proposed a trade for metal casting with them :)

BAT offered us myst this turn, i assume therefore they agreed to the myst/med/priest/mono/monarchy deal for metal casting, if thats the case i think thats a very good deal.

GWT also got back to us during the week saying they were thinking about it but were involved in negotiations with other civs over it also.

COG still hasnt got back to the note i sent it. So i proposed an ingame trade for the rice we arnt using for one of their ivory which we could do with :)

We should also consider what if any cities we should keep that are gca's. bear in mind our economy is hardly on top of the world however the whole point of doing this was the early land grab. I feel if we can keep as many cities as possible then work as much commerce then it'll benefit us in the long run. Largely however i do appreciate it will come down to my judgment as to whether or not we can hold the cities. what do yo guys think?

edit- i shall take pictures of them all next time i am ingame so we can see what we think of them :)

Raze the city right next to Victory, keep the Capital, dunno where the rest are.
I agree wth this..

We can then "bridge " over to their capital by placing a city or two N/NE of our present furthest north city.

HOWEVER...razing all if you cant keep them is also OK...we cant forget the importance of elimination of another team.

Same as the two above. Keep only what we can't without slowing us down. We don't want a long war

It will be fairly long, we can raze/capture the capital, horse city and city closest to victory within about 10 turns probably but after that it is a bit of a trek to get to their final two cities.

At that point we could maybe see what they are willing to offer in terms of peace deals- maybe tech. Then we can let CBR finish them off.

Yes, pictures would be nice ;)

It will be fairly long, we can raze/capture the capital, horse city and city closest to victory within about 10 turns probably but after that it is a bit of a trek to get to their final two cities.

At that point we could maybe see what they are willing to offer in terms of peace deals- maybe tech. Then we can let CBR finish them off.

I hate leaving a team alive that has nothing to lose..we would be their target. AND they may get enough friends to hurt us. We start a war we have to eliminate them...NO LOOSE ENDS. They will be a diplo nightmare if they are left to live...

I would be against fighting them at all if we leave them any cities..they must be eliminated.

Yes they are, however it will take them a bit longer to get there, they have already sen units, will take about 12 turns.

425BC
Azelatorf (6) galley done
Fever River (4) another axe in 3
BCLGland (3) growth in 12, wb in 6
Victory (1) growth in 7 lib in 75

MC next turn

Problems have arisen in that COG have a galley coming back towards our lands, they may warn GCA about our invasion.

coupled with that GCA have a scout coming back up, it'll be at our capital in 3 turns

I've spread the axes out that are in the boats and ill send the boats around when COG move in next turn as if they were going exploring.

GCA cities-

I think we should keep the last two definatly, im also partial to keeping that hawk city, it'll join the cities we have captured and the initial ones connected, the first one i figure we should raze- its too far away to be of any use. 'Hogsmeade' i imagine CBR will capture.

They have spread out but as we've got 3 turns left till our final axes are completed its more than enough time to get back to the boats, hopefully COG's galley will move on soon.

A small snag, nothing more. We can also take comfort in knowing that even if they do act in time to give us a good fight, they won't see CBR coming.

Dis ich tru

400BC
Azelatorf (6) axe done next turn
Fever River (4) another axe in 1
BCLGland (3) growth in 11, wb in 5
Victory (1) growth in 6 lib in 74

Completed research of MC

next turn we should get monarchy from BAT, and some techs from CBR.

also next turn we should have completed everything we need for the intial assault on gca, after that it'll be about 3 turns movement before war- so about 5/6 turns till war :) is everyone getting excited? :)

now we have to make a choice about what to research next?
I think hunting- it's only 3 turns and means we can re-evaluate our position in tech turns once completed.

we're getting near cbr borders so i offered an OB treaty- should be a formality them accepting.

no pictures this time but will next turn :) its going to be tense avoiding gca's scout and cog's galley

GCA also got horseback riding this turn, quite annoying

Cross your fingers :)

Top Bottom