Advantage of multiple resources of the same type?

Alive

Chieftain
Ok, so I know that this is a beginners question, but I need an answer. What is the advantage to having multiple resources of the same type such as iron or horses?

_Alive_

Have you played civrev?
-The bonus resourses give you BONUSSES : extra production (like iron on a hill), and thus let you get a higher production rate.

That's why you take it!

BUT you have to have researched the specific tech in order to be able to use those benefits (iron working for iron, nuclear power for uranium, ...)

Hope that helps!

In some PC Civ games resources are required to build units (e.g. iron for legions). Having multiple resources of the same type is useful 1. to ensure you aren't dependent on a single supply another civ can take from you 2. for trade with other civs 3. to deny other civs the resource.

In Civ Rev resources are a terrain bonus. Working the terrain will give the city additional food, hammers, trade, culture or gold depending on the resource and whether the civ has the necessary tech to exploit the resource.

i'm curious about the answer too, but so far the answers have not answered the question as I think it states.

He is not asking why to acquire the one resource to receive the bonus, but rather, does building a city near say, 4 horses, give any special boost beyond the spam pastures?

Alive has posted only twice. This was his first post, and his second post, three minutes later, was to the Civ 4 section. So there's a good chance this post was also meant for the Civ 4 section. The same goes for you Herrhals.

Of course, if you & he should return and confirm that he's playing Civ Rev and clarify his question, I'm sure we will provide an answer.

But, for your question. In Civ Rev, there is no additional benefit to working multiple terrain bonuses beyond the bonuses themselves. I've seen this with island cities having access to multiple fish tiles. Each fish tile worked provides 2 food on top of the 2 trade provided by the sea tile.

Top Bottom