Neoteric World

Have the same problem with the shielding that everyone is talking about. Went in the world builder as im only the 16th Century AD and put in the shields. All three of them stack on top of each other. Thats not really a big deal. The game breaker is when you add in a radar station. The shields size then takes up half of the world and im playing on a extremely large map, so the size is immense.

I was going thru the techs and maybe this is the problem. As a Preq for Arcology Shielding you need Arcology. Arcology shows up in the SEVO as a tech , but not on the Tech Tree. Dont know if this has anything too do with it.

Hopefully you can get this fixed as it really messes up the late game for a fantasitc mod.

Good idea on deleteing the Next War stuff Big, I will problay try doing the same thing. New to modding so fingers crossed.

Masadon the orignal maker of the mod made it very easy to do because some people do not like the next war mods stuff. All you have to do is go into the folder for this mod and go into assets. you will see a file named modules. just remove the file there named next war.

You may not be able to play any of your saves if you have advanced far, but you will not have a problem. You could try the trick I used earlier and just remove the art from working. I think PI may also have found an easier way. One of my earlier posts I said what I did to disable the art, but it may not be a good idea as I do not know how it will affect the mod latter on. I just tried it out, but then I desided to just wait for a true fix.

I would recommend having a backup of every file you change. I just copied the zip file that I downloaded to save room. I am seriously considering dumping my custom assets and copying all this mods files there (minus next war for now). Anyone know if this will work how I want it to? I think it should but just wondering thanks.

Thanks Big worked like a charm. Unfortunetly I cant play my saved game. Will try this mod again later when i find the stamina of going thru all the techs again at marathon speed on a huge map.

Thanks PI for looking into that. I agree that the shields work in next war, and I also agree with radar station problem as well. For now though, I have just taken the next war mod stuff out the mod (I am not really comfortable with mechs lol, not realistic for todays world, but that is just me). If there is ever a total solution I may add it in, but I love this mod for the standard modern era units and several other components.

Note: To the creator of the mod, thank you for being the first mod to make the M1 Abrams tank America's UU. I am sorry but the M1 is a much better UU in my opinion lol. (Just to clarify, I know other mods have an M1 Abrams for the US, but from what I have seen, there are multiple UU's per civ. This mod only has one UU per civ.)

Also, PI I would like to comment on your signature. First off, very clever with the spoilers lol. Also, I would like to add a "number" to your sig. It is not techniqually a number but it is just as important as 1 and 0 as it allows for infinite decimal numbers like pi. Infinity (can not find the symbol lol). Without infinity, number theory as we know it would not be possible lol.

I was glad to look into it, unfortunately I don't have enough modding experience to make it work (only some small modding on RFC). I too like the M1 Abrams tanks, I used them in my last game to conquer 1/3 of the world! A feat impossible with Navy SEALS! I like the Next War components, so I think I'll just use WB to make it work correctly until a patch or something fixes it. (I was able to make the old arcologies be deleted, but failed to prevent them from being rebuilt). The real problem was the giant arcologies, the overlapping shields is only secondary compared to that.

About the signature, I think it's a good idea! I'll see how I can add it.

PI I would not say it is impossible to take over the world with navy seals lol. On an old earth 18 game I played, I took over every single costal city in europe, africa and asia in one turn. Took days to build the troops (I had about 500 or more navy seals lol) and the air craft. A little over kill but I think I got the idea from someone in the forum.

On another note, does anyone know how to make a unit a unique unit? I know how to add a unit and make it unique but I am trying to make the stealth bomber and advanced tactical fighter unique units for the US but am having some trouble. From what I can tell, the xml looks right, but it is not showing up in game. I am trying to run a scenerio but am having trouble preventing the AI from building stealth bombers (yes I know this is cheating :))

Thanks,

PS I tried working on the shielding problem last night, and from what I tried, if you disable the art for the radar station and the first two shielding types, the third one looks fine. I only tried it quickly so I may have messed up. Will work more on it when I get home.

PI I would not say it is impossible to take over the world with navy seals lol. On an old earth 18 game I played, I took over every single costal city in europe, africa and asia in one turn. Took days to build the troops (I had about 500 or more navy seals lol) and the air craft. A little over kill but I think I got the idea from someone in the forum.

On another note, does anyone know how to make a unit a unique unit? I know how to add a unit and make it unique but I am trying to make the stealth bomber and advanced tactical fighter unique units for the US but am having some trouble. From what I can tell, the xml looks right, but it is not showing up in game. I am trying to run a scenerio but am having trouble preventing the AI from building stealth bombers (yes I know this is cheating :))

Thanks,

PS I tried working on the shielding problem last night, and from what I tried, if you disable the art for the radar station and the first two shielding types, the third one looks fine. I only tried it quickly so I may have messed up. Will work more on it when I get home.

About the Navy SEALS, the war I was fighting I was not too ready for, and it was land based; so I used tanks and Modern Infantry. I could have used Navy SEALS probabily, but I think it would have been harder. Navy SEALS certainly are a lot cooler than M1 Abrams :).

I'll look into the unique unit thing tomorrow to see if I can help.

For the shielding: That is a good idea to also disable the art for the other 2 shields, I would also reccommend changing the health and happiness bonuses, as they will stack, unless you want super healthy/happy cities. :mischief:

I was thinking about just doing away with two of the shields period and just having the last one with all the affects. I copied this mod last night so I could try out some things. I have found in the past, I can speed up the late game a lot by getting rid of some things and merging others.

Example: I am trying to find the right mix for trade routes. I am currently running this mod with only 1 trade route max per city, but I have added trade route multipliers to buildings etc so in the end, the total trade route income is roughly the same. I did the same thing to GEM and it saved a lot of time. Another thing I am thinking about doing is increasing the number of food each citizen needs from 2 to 3. Then I would change the gamespeed info to compensate for the lowering of production etc. This one I can't seem to get right so I am leaving it alone for now.

One more note on a possible bug/glitch. In my current game I just built area 51 so I can train stealth fighters. I also have built the max number of advanced tactical fighters I can, but I found a way to get more. The upgrade paths allow you to upgrade your stealth fighters into tactical fighters. I now have 34 tactical fighters. I may change the upgrade path for the fighter later but for now I need the help crushing a moster Chine/Mongle army lol.

Edit: I do agree that navy seals are cooler. I am just glad they got rid of the f-15 as the US UU from civ III.

Here is what I found about the unique units. So far, I only have made the advanced tactical fighter a unique unit, replacing the Mig for the Americans.

1) The entry in Civ4UnitClassInfos.xml must be deleted/commented out. Note that this removes the limit on the number you can have. I think the only way to change this is to place a limit on the unit that is being replaced, but that would limit the number of Migs that other civilizations could have as well as the number of ATF's.
2) The Advanced Tactical Fighter entry in the Civ4UnitInfos.xml file must be changed: the <Class> tag only must be replaced with the Mig (or whatever other unit) class tag. For example: UNITCLASS_JET_FIGHTER_MIG.
3)The upgrade paths of other units must be changed, I'm still working on perfecting this, but just commenting them out works:
Code:
<UnitClassUpgrades/>
				<!--<UnitClassUpgrade>
					<UnitClassUpgradeType>UNITCLASS_ADVANCED_TACTICAL_FIGHTER</UnitClassUpgradeType>
					<bUnitClassUpgrade>1</bUnitClassUpgrade>
				</UnitClassUpgrade>
			</UnitClassUpgrades>-->
Note the "<UnitClassUpgrades/>" has a "/" added at the end, this must be added.

4) The unique unit entry must be added to America/whatever civilization in the Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml file. For the ATF (replacing the Mig), add this:

Code:
<Unit>
					<UnitClassType>UNITCLASS_JET_FIGHTER_MIG</UnitClassType>
					<UnitType>UNIT_ADVANCED_TACTICAL_FIGHTER</UnitType>
				</Unit>
By the M1 Abrams.

I don't know how much of this you did/knew/tried, so I wrote what worked for me.

EDIT: I almost forgot, the same tech requirements remain for the ATF as before; so America will get its UU a bit after the other civs get its equivilant. Also, changing the stealth bomber would almost certainly be the same process, you just have to find a unit that you want it to be a replacement for.

Thanks for that. I did something like that lol. I just found it easier to make the unit only buildable if I had a certain wonder like the stealth fighter. I am actually trying to make the units only buildable if you have certain buildings too but that is just something I am trying out.

When I try to play this, I just get the unmodded game. Can you help?

In the upper right corner of the main menu, it should say Neoteric World; the game does not have a custom loading screen, so it appears at a glance to be the standard BTS menu. If you continue to the actual game, you should see that it does work. Also, generating maps, especially the larger ones, takes a long time to load, just as a warning.

Thanks for that. I did something like that lol. I just found it easier to make the unit only buildable if I had a certain wonder like the stealth fighter. I am actually trying to make the units only buildable if you have certain buildings too but that is just something I am trying out.

Yeah, it definately is easier to just do that. :)

Also, Bigv32, I won't be at my computer for about 2 weeks, so I can't try to help with any bugs or changes.

In the upper right corner of the main menu, it should say Neoteric World; the game does not have a custom loading screen, so it appears at a glance to be the standard BTS menu. If you continue to the actual game, you should see that it does work. Also, generating maps, especially the larger ones, takes a long time to load, just as a warning.

I should have said that the label says that it is the modded version, but all aspects are the same.

Read this:

First: Confirm that nothing has changed. e.g. look into the civilopedia.

Second: Look at the folder. There should be in the mods folder a folder "Rise Of Mankind" (or however it is named), and inside there should be a folder "Assets" and some more things. This is then right.
If there is another folder "Rise Of Mankind" inside it, then this is wrong, you have to move everything from the second folder into the first folder.

and replace "Rise Of Mankind" with "Neoretic World".

if there was no folder inside, then I would try to download it again. save the file somewhere and then copy and move it to the location.

Hello,

Forgive my silence, been busy. I will fix this arcology shielding today and also add a new feature called Always War which instead of all AI players being at war with only you they will be at war with eachother. Its not just the Radar Station that effects the shielding, most other larger buildings also force the sheilding to go bigger.

I'll release it as a patch at first so people can carry on playing quicker than redownloading agian.

Thanks BobeBrown for making it a patch. Very convenient since my home internet went all stone age speed on me last night.

Just a lil heads up. Unable to sort this out 2day, real life came in the way lol. But it will definatly be done 2moro when im back in my house.

Top Bottom