Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded

Rate this mod!

• I can't play Civ without this: no more loading times!

Votes: 203 66.6%
  • A good mod, but I won't play with it

Votes: 54 17.7%
  • I don't like the map

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • I don't like the terrain

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • I don't like the additions

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • I don't like the rules changes

Votes: 21 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't we wait and see how my adding the 5 shields turns out? Im also fixing the AI Emperor for the computer and thanks for warning me.

tacfun

This has the computer AI fixed so its not crippled anymore...all other changes are still the same as of the page 94 post.

tacfun

Has been downloaded 4 times in past!!

Rhye, I set the AI back to Regent but I was wondering if we set it to Chieften what would it play like? What has been your experience?? Or how about Warlord for the computer??

tacfun

Sorry for another post..But I have found an error in the Civapedia...Under Myon on the second page of the history read up on the race the last Paragraph it has was (thie r) the r is seperated. Just thought you might want to know.

tacfun

Quick question Rhye or anyone..
As I mentioned before I am in the early stage of making a mod, but as you may have seen by my question, I am a total novice at the game-code type parts of it. A very great idea I have seen only(I think) in RoC mod is the invisible resources where the player can't necessarily tell right away that say their LM terrain is different from the norm, as well as the horses that suddenly appear in America when they should...How??? is my question. I *think* the appearing horses probably were set up just like oil,etc where they can only be "discovered" with another advance, but how did you make terrain the player cannot tell..I love it.
Ron

Tacfun, still trying to knock my country out of the game..uggghhh :)
I still dont see why it is more realistic to have a Byzantium in 4000BC or a Sumeria in 2000AD than to have America, but to each their own :)Glad you came back anyway.

navman74 said:
Tacfun, still trying to knock my country out of the game..uggghhh :)
I still dont see why it is more realistic to have a Byzantium in 4000BC or a Sumeria in 2000AD than to have America, but to each their own :)Glad you came back anyway.
Well, with America in there is a 100% guarantee they will be around four millenia before time.
With Sumeria in you can still be sure someone will at least try to kill them at some point, and them being placed as they are they usually won't last too long.
Anyway, Sumeria and Byzantines have even less merit than America as they are already represented by neighbouring civs that were either their ancestors or descendants.
In America's case at least there's no problem of England and America fighting for space in the ancient age. =|

First I'd like to say Im not Anti-America I just want to have the game have more a Euro-Colonize experience and having America ruins that to me.

-All other changes still in effect.
-Added River to Athens starting location and 1 fish.(This is to help them compete for colossus or England the city of York makes it everytime.
-Added Barbarians near Persia to maybe slow them down a bit. They are a WONDER producing machine.(They need tweaking maybe still!)
-Changed Scandanavia city placement list. So cities are now placed better by history for the computer.
-(Egypt) Still not sure what to do with them. They don't seem to like to make Pyramids...(Working on solution still!)

tacfun

PS. I may replace the America with Vietnam or Polynesians.

Enyjoy!!

navman74 said:
Quick question Rhye or anyone..
As I mentioned before I am in the early stage of making a mod, but as you may have seen by my question, I am a total novice at the game-code type parts of it. A very great idea I have seen only(I think) in RoC mod is the invisible resources where the player can't necessarily tell right away that say their LM terrain is different from the norm, as well as the horses that suddenly appear in America when they should...How??? is my question. I *think* the appearing horses probably were set up just like oil,etc where they can only be "discovered" with another advance, but how did you make terrain the player cannot tell..I love it.
Ron
The terrain getting better as time goes on is with invisible resources that become available in the mid Medieval era, and the American horses are just like any other type of horse, with the exception that it appears with Military Tradition as opposed to The Wheel - horses weren't native to the Americas, so they appear later, when Cavalry are made available. And, technically, there are two different horse resources - one for America, and one for the rest of the world. They look the same, they just appear at different times, and since they're technically different resources they are required for two different units - the American horses are required for American Cavalry and the normal horses are required for normal Cavalry. Of course, American Cavalry and normal Cavalry have the same exact stats.

It's confusing, I know, but it works.

Tacfun, just an idea, but it may not work...
Do the same as with horses (thanks by the way for the explanation Khift) and make, say, a GREAT PYRAMID wonder,only available to Egypt, and having the same overall capabilities, but make it necessary for age advancement for them or something.
Just a thought, Ron

I usually play the Mongols, and have added oftentimes in PTW, DYP, C3C, and now this, a wonder called The Golden Horde which they must get in order to begin making the Mangudai which I also add usually. It seems like a decent workaround for that usually, so perhaps it would work for your Egyptian Pyramid problem.

Yes... Some good ideas. I will try next some other things but I may have solved most problems so far.

tacfun

-All changes as in above post same.
-Replaced an LM desert terrain with a hill.(Near Egypt starting location)
-Fixed again Scandinavia city list placement.(Should be real good now!)
-Reduced the cost on some ancient WONDERS!(They weren't being built until almost 10AD and some were being built earlist 390BC) This should be more accurate now.

tacfun

enjoy!!..Please give me feed back if you try it. (I've been playing with the Inca and Maya for some tests and its kinda fun!!)

About the Hanging Gardens. I can understand that you have chosen wine as a prerequisite. But looking at the other wonders and the map, this makes it sort of an European wonder instead of an Middle Eastern. Also, I am not sure if it actually contained any vines, as it is from the 6th century bc and as far as I know, wine was first introduced to the region by Alexander the Great in the 4th century bc.
On another note. I am currently playing 2.60 as Arabia on Emperor-level. Man, that is a whole lot of war! And with too few cities and shields too - luckily, I got Holy War. It looks like a cultural (city) victory.

Hey tacfun. Replace America with a tribe in Australia or New Zealand. This would require a new Civ to be made. But it is valid. There were Aborigines in both countries at least 40,000 years before european colonisation. Which was in the 1800's. If you did make it they should be seafaring and expansionist (for lack of a better one.) Seafaring because they were very adept at fishing and the such and expansionist because they covered the whole of Australia. Though not as a single tribe. Not scientific because they stayed fairly primitive. Not industrious because they didnt really buikd anything. Maybe Agricultral there is some evidence that some tribes set up complicated farming operations.

Id do it myself but im not too sure how.

Yes Im planning on adding an Aussie Civ. The only problem is I might just leave them with the F-15 UU because I don't have a UU for them and I haven't added units before. But atleast we would have Aussies...

tacfun

-All updates above still intacked.
-Did minor begining tech cost reduction(Trying to get some wonders built earlier is goal like...Around 1000 or 2000 BC would be nice!)

tacfun

PS..Yes this is work in progress!

PSII..Remember just rename .zip to .biq and it will work!!

DOWNLOADED 8times previouly.

Three_Crowns said:
About the Hanging Gardens. I can understand that you have chosen wine as a prerequisite. But looking at the other wonders and the map, this makes it sort of an European wonder instead of an Middle Eastern. Also, I am not sure if it actually contained any vines, as it is from the 6th century bc and as far as I know, wine was first introduced to the region by Alexander the Great in the 4th century bc.

I read that it contained wine. But I don't remember where. I'm not completely sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom