We´re not all barbarians

2 tips:
- get mass media from louis by trade and build radio tower in the cities near Beijing
- mine the aluminium in south america

For the rest, things are looking fine

Roster?

Roster

nocho UP

LK on deck

randyrules

cripp7

astre

r_rolo1

pigswill

Imhotep is still waiting for the very nice people from his internet company to connect him to virtual reality and will no doubt advise us of this momentous occasion.

I'll play tomorrow after nocho, if he can't get to it today, I'll pick it up regardless :)

Okay, go for it Imhotep, all yours. After all your internet and time troubles I'll gladly have you play a set if you're so eager. :)

I'm pretty busy this week, so I am glad to wait longer for my set. Much better if it is next week.

Okay, played a total of 1 grand turn. The reason:

I defied the resolution, but really interesting is this:

HC is going to cap. He has two unimpressive cities left:

I suggest we don't cap him, he has no techs to yield and the war is justified by the gained diplo points with the other civs alone. But it's a team decision...

Carrier fleet to annihilate pacific speck, transports in ecuador will take 5-6 turns to get round to annihilate atlantic speck.

Okay, on with the show. The set had kind of discouraging results, but more on that later.

First of all I dialed up Louis for Mass media. He swung the deal, I figured it was best to give him some cash instead of another tech - he was 8 turns from reaching Industrialism himself.

UN peacekeeping was as effective as nowadays as the resolution on forcing peace with Inca failed. Slightly barbarian, but hey, we didn't start the war...

Moreover some turns later we set all grievances over the matter right. Political power and the barrel of a gun, you know...

Then came a grave blunder in my set. I captured one of Monty's cities. The pic suggests I razed, as I should have. I wasn't aware of Monty's SoD being so near though, so I tried to keep it.

Back to the Incans. They all are gone now.

JC and ourselves didn't like Universal Suffrage. At least we aren't to blame this time.

And well, the usual Monty. Gazillions of outdated sh*t. I had some Tanks and Mech Inf in the city, but he took it no less. He lost about 10 Cannons only.

In the more important news I got both Robotics and Satellites during my set, but I never had a chance to start on the Space Elevator - Fred built it. I fear he's locked in for a Space Race victory now. We're #1 in GNP, prod, and every other important category, true - but he has a sizeable tech lead, the Internet, and prod enough. Will be tough.

Attachments

• NB - Genghis Khan AD-1894.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.3 MB · Views: 159
Looks like nocho is UP with LK on deck.

Its not going to be a romp but probably still doable. Fred's tech lead ain't too major and internet won't help him with the final techs.

I wonder if we can get Monte to suicide enough rifles against MGs to negotiate a reasonable peace treaty.

I'm also wondering if we should start building spaceship parts.

I'm also wondering if we should start building spaceship parts.
Yes, please. We want to get these done ASAP. Let our monster cities build what they can.

Civilized as I am, I saved the next one up from pressing enter a couple of times. Or in other words, we're done! :D

Overlooking the situation there was no point pressing on to Monty, so we signed peace, teaching him the fine art of liberalism in the process. Lots of unhappy faces due to lack of emancipation so I immediately launched a GA with our three GPs and switched to emancipation. Tempted to go FR, but decided against it to keep Cathy friendly so she'd keep on trading tech (indeed I tested and going FR she drops to pleased and was immediately in WFYABTA mode). Ended up getting fission, advanced flight and DR from her.

Anyway, emancipation gave a good boost to our output and with wealth cruised through the remaing techs, carefully teching first the stuff Fred already had to avoid the internet teaching him things to soon. In the end it didn't matter much, less so when Cathy declared on Fred and they started exchanging tactical nukes. This is the VC screen one turn before victory, Fred's latest space parts came when we already launched. Qin is also very far from culture still.

So Khan made it to the stars and was a happy man, with a moderate score.

Save attached turn before victory. As said, all about queueing space parts, making a couple of tactical tile improvements with workers to speed things up and a lot of enter pressing in the end. Thanks for a fun game. :)

Attachments

• NB - Genghis Khan AD-1923.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.3 MB · Views: 171
Congrats team! :) And I even got to set up the final set ;) . Thanks nocho for bringing it home!

Top Bottom