News: TSG76 Holiday Bonus Game Announcement

I'm an alright Emperor player... too busy doing all the other competitions on here to really try my luck with Immortal - I don't think I've ever tried Deity since being too scared from Civ IV!!!

I want to say, Religion, Deserts, Petra, Science, Diplomacy win... but do you even have a reasonable chance for that in Deity? What I've read is it's rare to ever get your own religion, and beelining to Petra and trying to build before t80 is going to really slow you down on the science (I suspect? I'm not *that* good of a player to know these things confidently in advance). If this was do-able I'd want to settle on the Plains 1L, get the most of desert & petra and I like fast growth because it gives me more hammers in a bit rather than now.

Alternatively, going for Conquest is the go... but do you really have a chance of wiping out most capitals with Camel Archers? If Deity combat is that much harder and it turns into a modern tech warfare game then surely you've lost your chance to get there first in science?

... but do you even have a reasonable chance for that in Deity?
Exactly how my little Civ-Emperor-world works ;)
But I think the combination here Desert+foreign trade routes+Petra leaves room for hope at least... :please:

No need to worry about beating people to Petra, IMHO. First of all, unless there are some better tiles up north and you move your settler, this looks like a terrible place to build Petra. More importantly, you're playing as Arabia... You can just capture Petra if someone beats you to it. While they're building Petra, I'll be building chariots. Oh camel archers, thou art so deliciously OP. :evil:

Gems start is usually a no-brainer for me for Domination, if nothing else because my capital won't ever get very big, so I probably won't have the luxury of working too many tiles. It's not just a question of how early you can improve it, it's a question of how early you can afford to work a non-food tile...

However, it really depends on the warrior move.

I'll give this a shot. No ruins is a fun variation. Definitely going to have to prioritize a monument earlier than I usually would... Hmm.

I think you should settle on gems if not the warrior can reval something better.
I can see two things to do.

1. Tech to calendar mining and try for Stonehenge by choping, I don't think how much of a shot you have for it however.

2. Tech AH and hope you got horses, if you do get as many Chariot Archers you can and rush with them. Later on tech to Camels and upp the expericened CAs.

I think I will try for the CA to Camel rush.

i guess the best starting move is to move warrior 2NE seeing that unless that area is good, surely the gems is the best place to settle, alternatively you could send warrior down SE on hill, but you would never know if the other area would have been worth settling until its too late.

The savegame seems not available, and the screenshot is a broken image too. Is the savegame missing or is it a problem on my side?

Top Bottom