New members - getting to know each-other

2metraninja

Defender of Nabaxica
Here the new members can present themselves and generally say Hi to the team :)

And because the CFC team is brand new formed for this MTDG3, I am new member too and I will represent myself with few words.

I play civ from Civ1 trough all till Civ4, Been at many sites, including civplayers, weplayciv, apolyton, but I feel my home is at CFC. I have MP and MTDG experience. I was the general of Team Amazon in the last MTDG and most of you actually know me from there.

I love to think we will be able to form solid team without many stars actually shining in our ranks. Way better to have united team and play with pleasure to our best abilities, than to have quarrels between elite players.

Hi, I am frined with 2metra and he invited me to the game.Long time lurker at CFC .I realy enjoy MP games, its like a new civ.

Hi new Members:D! Welcome. I also have been playing Civ since Civ 1 ( I was in high school when Civ 1 came out and I have been addicted since). I have been teammates or played in game with most of the players on this team, especially 2metra;)

One thing I would ask of new members please post to confirm that:

1. You are not a member of any other teams
2. You do intend to be an ACTIVE participant on this team
3. You are not joining to bring RB philosophy to a CFC Team (for any of those who are joining here because RB refused you:()

Some clarification on point 3... At CFC we generally DO NOT subscribe to that Anti-Nukes, Anti-Espionage baloney. We know that is like religion at RB, but please dont bring that over here.:)

Other than that, Welcome to the game.

hey guys,

I played ton of TBS games back in the day and of course all of the Civ. Even the CiV devil.

Right now my most activities are tied to civ IV (obviously) in S&T section and succession games format.
Never played any MP game and my aim here is to throw 2c where applicable and mostly lurk/watch.

I think I am decent SP player with good knowledge of SP principles, but sometimes can be suboptimal in MP world.

Will try my best to respect the rules of MP.

Every advice I give is based on my SP knowledge (obviously) and is never meant in bad way.

I am not native speaker of English, so sometimes my wording can be pretty poor and can be misinterpreted, so bear with me :).

Hi All.

I too have played Civ series all the way from the first release. I even did a stab at version 5 but got back to playing Civ 4 since it became painfully obvious that 5 is not ready yet. I have countless of hours of single player. My regular MP experience is limited mostly to 1 vs. 1 games with couple of AIs. I have been a regular lurker in CFC since Civ 3 times and I finally managed to join the forum for the previous MTDG. I served Team Merlot as Imperial Mathematician, though I must admit that my calculating skills were not utilized too many times during the game.

EDIT: As additional info I think it could be useful to have general idea on what timezone the team members are. I am at UTC+2 (or +3 during the daylight savings).

Hi fellow CFC team members! I'm really excited to be a part of the team, and I hope to be able to make a positive contribution. I first became obsessed with Civ 3 when I was in college, and play lots of single player Civ 4. I have been lurking mp games on Realms Beyond for years, and read Civ Fanatics for tips and advice fairly often. However, I hadn't registered on any forums until this game.

1. I'm not a member of any other teams. As a new poster, I really appreciate the trust you've placed on me on this issue, especially considering the concerns expressed on the CFC sign-up thread. I'll try my best to make it worthwhile to the team.
2. I will be an active member of the team. I haven't read any of the other threads yet, and am currently travelling outside of the country, but will catch up on everything by Monday and will post as frequently as I can. I'll read our threads at least daily, and if you want to assign me any particular duties, I'll do them to the best of my ability.
3. Most of my Mp experience does come from realms beyond, but I have no intention on trying to force any philosophy on team CFC. I might make suggestions based on what I've seen those players do, but will take absolutely no offence if you point out why I am wrong! Obviously, most of the players here have much more experience playing these games then me.

Sommerswerd, I saw your request that I allow private messaging so you can communicate with me, but being new to being registered to this forum, I'm not sure how to do that. If you let me know, I will change that setting.
In the meantime, you can always reach me at vhinderl at gmail dot com.

To answer Aivoturso's question, once I get back home on Monday, I will be in Pacific coast time, which is UTC -7.

Hello all,

I've been playing since Civ II, all of my multiplayer experience is with Civ IV though. I've played in a few democracy games, including one of the earlier single team democracy games. I always find these interesting because it's a great opportunity to learn from other players. Right now I'm catching up with all that's been going on with getting the game started, and have been reading the old team Amazon forums, trying to see what it is that they did right.

I do intend to be an active player, and am only a member of team CFC.

Sommerswerd, I saw your request that I allow private messaging so you can communicate with me, but being new to being registered to this forum, I'm not sure how to do that. If you let me know, I will change that setting.
Welcome to CFC. PMs get turned on after 5 days and 5 posts -- so you need to post one more time. ;)

I'm a member on lots of sites, but CFC is the only one I'm on a lot. My goal at the beginning of these is always to be active, though RL usually intervenes.

I'm a late bloomer compared to many who have posted so far, having started on Civ III. I'm a veteran at democracy games, a mediocre SP player, and positively awful at MP. One day I'll actually learn from one of these games how it's possible for one player to have twice as many units as the other, a few dozen turns into the game. Maybe I'm just not patient enough to think through every single click. ;)

I'm no stranger to the losing side of MTDG's and ISDG's. Hoping for this one to come out a little better. If there are any godlike MP players present, please step forward.

I was rather taken aback at the swipe at RB up above. I've played some of their challenges on Civ3 (rather poorly) and it was a different way to play but still valid. I've also played GOTM and HOF here, and democracy games Apolyton style. There are many play styles, to each his own. Let's just play Civ.

Salutations, fellow Fanatics!

I am new to this whole scene. I play primarily the Fall from Heaven 2 mod for BtS in single player, and regular ol' BtS in multiplayer - against real-life friends. I saw this game mentioned in the Polycast blurb, and jumped at the chance. Not an experienced player - I make no pretense about that - but I'm very excited to be a part of this game.

I know little about other sites, for I only have an account here. Doubtless I will learn.

Also I wish there was some way to convince everyone to turn the nukes on. Don't want to deny them as an option for they provide a powerful counterbalance to BSoD's. Ah well, some sort of majority hath apparently already spoken.

Best wishes,

talonschild

I'm not really a new member but I'll introduce myself anyway:

Playing Civ I to Civ IV a lot in the last 20 years, I think I was a decent SP in Civ3. I must admit that I never reached that level with Civ IV, MP experience is just a few pitboss matches (7 or 8), some succession games, MTDG II

I will be active and on no other team, although I can't promise to read every day.

Edit: My home is more like CDZ, although I am at CFC for a longer time.

I've been a member of CFC for a couple of years now. And all the time I've been mainly a C3C addict. (And I still am).

I never really got into cIV and even less ciV. Thus, I am one of the civ3 relics. :)

I am here to lurk and (if necessary) to translate someting into German, or vice versa. But my game knowledge is too poor to really do diplomacy.

Hey guys,

Great being part of the team.

I'm both an oldie at the forums and a fresh face I guess -- I've been lurking since forever. This forum is like part of the game for me. Also, I've been reading SG threads like literature ever since I discovered Sirius and Sullla's HYDRA, really. My better half think that's weird. Funny, cause it's true :D

Been playing Civ since CIV 1, played CIV 2 and 3 a bit, but got really into it with cIV. Haven't even bothered about V, seems crap. Mostly I've dabbled around in SP at pretty low levels, but have stepped up from noble to monarch in just a few games lately. But I'm nowhere near the deep knowledge of the game that some of you show - just reading up on the threads in this private forum, I learned a lot about traits and UU/UBs for instance. Lovely. :goodjob:

Got some MP experience just playing with mates and some AIs. Nothing that compares to this.

I think I can contribute to the team management, though. I'll suggest we take this seriously - i see our captn' is advocating this strongly, and it's a fair point. Setting up some good workflows for us, and managing to-dos, might be a good way to start off.

I'm also quite good at RL diplo; negotiations, contracts, that kinda stuff. It's what I do on a daily basis. So count on me there.

Looking forward to getting to know you and learning from you (mostly at least :D) over the coming months.

Here's my twitter, and here's a game i'm playing atm.

Oh, btw, Sommerswerd:
1: No, tbh, I wasn't really aware of any other significant CIV communities before I stumbled upon the old MTDG threads a few days ago, so that would be a no :D Also, I expect double agents to be flogged, shunned and out-debated by you with intricate ad-hominems over several forum pages, and who would want that? :lol:
2: My skill level kinda puts me back seat in much of the strategic/planning phase. I do read everything though. I also have a busy job and 2 kids, so I won't be the most active guy. But I'm in it for the long haul, and really looking forward to it. :)
3: Wuzzat?

Also, we got a mew team-mate. To those of you veterans from the last MTDG2, he is well known actually.

Please, all welcome

King Slaze the Mighty!

ba-dum-tsss!!!

To all the other, he was the leader of Team Merlot, who bravely fought till the end against all odds.

:bowdown:

No... Effing... Way?!? Are you serious?

Hells yeah:yeah:

Welcome King slaze the Mighty!:king:, King of all bad@sses:worship:! All hail!

BTW, I am loving the unity on the Public Forum! I can literally feel us back to back, wagons circled, fighting off the 'savages' :sniper: You guys are just pwning the other teams so hard:lol: You guys rock!:rockon:

We're awesome... We're gonna win :goodjob: Go team!:woohoo:

Top Bottom