Getting cities in peace deals

claudiupb

King
I noticed that sometimes if you get a city in a peace deal there is a glitch that causes the city tile to never be worked. This is very annoying if you plan to keep the city as the city tile gives quite a big buff. Is there any way to correct this?

Not aware of any way to fix it after it happens. Lesson is don't take cities when the AI proposes the peace deal. If I recall correctly, the bug does not appear if you initiate the peace deal.

Well this is very interesting, so the rule of thumb is to never take cities you intend to keep during AIs turn.

Aside from the bug, is taking the city in a proposed peace deal bad? After you get past the period of unhappiness, can't the city become productive and provide access to surrounding resources?

I feel that it's exactly the opposite. If a city is good, it's best to get it from a peace deal. You get double the resistance but also double the population and I also think it's infrastructure is intact. If you are early game getting a decent city in a peace deal is very good.

Agreed, it's cities you intend to burn down that generally don't make good cities to accept from a deal.

The best thing to do in Civ V if you want to acquire cities from wars, either direct conquest or from peace treaties is to get a large surplus of happiness.

Top Bottom