Rising Tide Woes - Unhandled exception

I think I'm getting this only on tech screen which is too big to fit. It's possible to view outer perimeter but the UI gets stuck there. Sooner or late tech screen crashes game. Restarting computer works for awhile. AAR, I'm at turn 210 and can finish but this is a pain.

Having similar issues. Although these unhandled exceptions didn't occur until turn 502 I think. Now I get them every time I hit the Next Turn button. Have tried clearing game cache, have now tried reinstalling the game. Doesn't work either. (I have both BE and RT via Steam).

Just an update - I manually uninstalled my Nvidia drivers and reinstalled some from around 6 months ago - and my game is running. Kinda - extremely glitch with artifacts everywhere.

I also tried installing Windows 10 on another SDD - BERT can start on this but as soon as I load in to ANY game, I get an immediate 'app hang' crash, windows event log shows this:

The program CivilizationBE_DX11.exe version 1.1.0.1045 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: 1c8
Start Time: 01d10784e36bea21
Termination Time: 4294967295
Application Path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth\CivilizationBE_DX11.exe
Report Id: 2f94f9cf-7379-11e5-9bc5-14dae9f46ffd
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

System log:
Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

EDIT: 2k support told me to reinstall the game. Even after I told them that I already had. Derp

Hello!

I got this error too, here´s a printout;

Unhandled Exception
Code: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
Error reading address 0xe0

Call Stack
-----------------------------------------------------
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0

However, in my case it might seem to be mod related, I have 2 mods running, Harkinians Map Pack (Steam workshop) and my own mod. Now I tried starting the game with just Harkinians mod and it worked, so it must be my mod that´s glitching, but I have absolutely no idea as to where I could start troubleshooting.

My mod adds 3 new factions, a few promotions and buildings etc. and used to work until today...??? :-(

JSJ - are you still having this crashing issue? I managed to resolve mine by installing some legacy Windows 10 Nvidia drivers - I think my card (gtx 590) is a bit out dated.

i have the same error but with different code error

Unhandled Exception
Code: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
Error writing address 0x6f6c2072

Call Stack
-----------------------------------------------------
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0

Any help please

I kept getting the same message although the game did not crash, the error message just appeared after I quit the game.

I reinstalled the game through Steam, did a clean install, deleting all the old folders and that seems to have fixed the problem.

update: so the issue reappeared, but I think I have tracked it down to being a STEAM issue. If I start the game through the Steam launcher, i.e. library/games, I get the "unhandled exception" message. However if I setup a shortcut to the exe, whether DX11 or Mantle, and start the game with the shortcut, the game works fine.

Hi there, i'm havinf the same Unhandled Exception but with error code 0x 1ff5f0a0, plus, it only happens when i try to run the game with AMD Mantle, and it doesn't even let me start it, screen goes black and just stays that way, I've tried reinstalling it, deleted all CivBE folders, reinstalled my graphic drivers, almost everything posted, still doesn't work

PS: i can run it without Mantle, but it looks like :) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :)

so this bug reared its ugly head again, RT had been working fine, but for no reason, the game would CTD as soon as I tried to load a save game or even attempt to start a new game and the "unhandled_exception", box would appear.

I updated my video drivers and reinstalled the game, which seems to have solved the problem.

It would be nice if we could get an official answer as to what the cause of this bug is, I see a lot of discussions in various forums, but still no official fix.

I fixed the exception error on my windows 7 macheine. I installed rising tide to a different directory. I then copied it to the main BE directory and all is well. No errors!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom