Great Generals Don't Spawn HELP

Foolish

Chieftain
The bar fills up and won't create generals. I am at 786/200 GG points, yet no GG spawn. This happened using same mod setup with other civ. I deleted my cache folder and reloaded an already in-use save file, but still no go... my next step is to again delete, use same mods, then try New civ with new save file, but not sure if that will change things.

Anyone run into this? Mods used are in attached photo.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    105.5 KB · Views: 188
At least two of the mods activated (Civ4 Diplomatic Features and Community Balance Patch) are DLL mods. If you have more than one DLL mod activated, you should expect weird behavior in your games.

IDK what DLL stands for, but I will de-activate one and re-start my game. Thanks.

Quick reply!

IDK what DLL stands for, but I will de-activate one and re-start my game. Thanks.

Quick reply!

DLL mods rely on replacing the game's CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll file; the file has a different name for each version of Civ5, but it's always the file that contains the game's core gameplay code and is always a .dll file, hence the name "DLL mod". Since there can only ever be one version of CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll running, if you have multiple DLL mods activated, only one of those mods' CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll file will activate. Best case scenario: the mods whose DLL files are not active will still work with reduced functionality. Worst case scenario: weird game behavior, crashes, sad gamers who realize they can't mix-and-match every mod, angry rants about compatibility on mod forum/comment threads.

Hey buddy thanks for the quick reply - riddle me this though - since I discontinued 1 of the 2 mods you mentioned - namely Civ 4 Diplomacy features - I have started a new game and AGAIN ran into the issue with No GG spawning! - how many mods do I have that are active and conflicting with each other? - please, any help you can give - also again thanks for the great replies, I am a newby to the forum and really appreciate your response! :goodjob:

DLL mods rely on replacing the game's CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll file; the file has a different name for each version of Civ5, but it's always the file that contains the game's core gameplay code and is always a .dll file, hence the name "DLL mod". Since there can only ever be one version of CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll running, if you have multiple DLL mods activated, only one of those mods' CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll file will activate. Best case scenario: the mods whose DLL files are not active will still work with reduced functionality. Worst case scenario: weird game behavior, crashes, sad gamers who realize they can't mix-and-match every mod, angry rants about compatibility on mod forum/comment threads.

Also, second reply: I am playing Greece with Hoplites who have "Great Generals II" promotion, meaning they make more GG points - is it some issue with this? Like maybe this is only feature of CBP/3rd/4th component mod, idk:sad:

At this point, I'm guessing if that these GG-related bugs aren't compatibility issues, they're more likely issues with the mods you use, so you're better off asking for support in the mods' relevant forums.

Civ5 mod compatibility as quite a finicky thing, but GG-related bugs would most likely stem from DLL compatibility issues. If you check your My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/MODS folder, you'll find a directory for each of your mods. You can check each directory to see if there's a file called "CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll" located inside; if you find that you've got multiple mods that all contain this file (usually it'll have a different size in each case), you will not be able to use those mods with one another. If a mod author is thorough, they will also generally include a note on their mod's Steam Workshop page saying if the mod is a DLL mod or not, and if it is, you cannot have more than one DLL mod active at a time. I'm guessing that the City-State Diplomacy Mod, Civ4 Diplomatic Features, the Community Balance Patch, and possibly the Community Patch (I don't actually know the details of how Gazebo organizes Community Patch Project stuff) are all DLL mods.

Top Bottom