Welcome to Orbis - Download Information

wow, abqaiq93, talk about lurker

There is OrbisContinents since the new patch. It's basically a Orbis friendly ErebusContinents, adding Haunted Lands, Crystal Plains and Kelp on generation.

There is no such thing as OrbisContinents in my Patch G. Like abqaiq said, in the game there is a map type called "ErebusContinent" and another one called "Continents".

I thought Ahwaric packed them in patch G. Maybe he didn't. But it doesn't really matter anyway.

Short question: When do elections offering bonus traits take place in a republic (Normal speed) ? I think I'm 50 turns a republic now and nothing happened...

I'm not sure if it was the G patch or the MP maps, but I'm not getting any more OOS messages. Thank you very much, Opera. I'll test other maps to see if I have issues with them and report.

ah, Orbis. always constantly improving and refining. reading each changelog is a joy, patch G is great and patch H looks even better. I salute you, Ahwaric :D

I packed the map, but it is called Erebus Continents. Soorry opera, I just thought I will keep the name to avoid confusion. It produces the same maps as Erebus continents, just adds Orbis fetures to it (thanks for it by the way!).
Looks I created some confusion myself...

@Hansebenger
Strange, I got the election playing yesterday... But it took some time, I need to check it.

@[to_xp]Gekko
Thanks, FF junkie ;)

i havent played with the republic civic much but i remember the first time i got election i went back to a save 2 turns earlier and see if i could get different result
..... but no election happened the turn it "should" have..... so to me it looked like
it is a random event rather than tied to a specific number of turns.

Yeah, I actually renamed it to "OrbisContinents" to avoid confusion ;)
Will you pack the MP versions as well? It would save trouble for MP players not comfortable with python.

About elections, what ricolikesrice said. Here's the code; I think the bolded part should be out of the picture:
Code:
		if pPlayer.isCivic(CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getCivicInfo,gc.getNumCivicInfos(),'CIVIC_REPUBLIC')):
			[B]if CyGame().getSorenRandNum(3, "Election Year") > 0:[/B]
				iCycle = 40
				if CyGame().getGameSpeedType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString('GAMESPEED_QUICK'):
					iCycle = 20
				if CyGame().getGameSpeedType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString('GAMESPEED_EPIC'):
					iCycle = 60
				if CyGame().getGameSpeedType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString('GAMESPEED_MARATHON'):
					iCycle = 80
				if iGameTurn % iCycle == 0:

cf.resetRepublicTraits(pPlayer)
					iElectionType = CyGame().getSorenRandNum(4, "Election Type")
					if iElectionType == 0:
						iEvent = CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getEventTriggerInfo, gc.getNumEventTriggerInfos(),'EVENTTRIGGER_REPUBLIC_ELECTION_HAWK_VS_DOVE')
						pPlayer.trigger(iEvent)
					if iElectionType == 1:
						iEvent = CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getEventTriggerInfo, gc.getNumEventTriggerInfos(),'EVENTTRIGGER_REPUBLIC_ELECTION_LANDOWNER_VS_PEASANTS')
						pPlayer.trigger(iEvent)
					if iElectionType == 2:
						iEvent = CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getEventTriggerInfo, gc.getNumEventTriggerInfos(),'EVENTTRIGGER_REPUBLIC_ELECTION_CHURCH_VS_STATE')
						pPlayer.trigger(iEvent)
					if iElectionType == 3:
						iEvent = CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getEventTriggerInfo, gc.getNumEventTriggerInfos(),'EVENTTRIGGER_REPUBLIC_ELECTION_LABOR_VS_ACADEMIA')
						pPlayer.trigger(iEvent)
It's causing the elections to not trigger that often...

From the jump to G it looks like Orbis patches will have the same letters as the corresponding FFH2 patches. Hooray for that! As one who continually struggles to get all the versions lined up, I must say this is a godsend. Now if we could get all the modmodders on board life would be a dream.

Sorry to say this but its just plain "Luck" that curent Oribis is on G as FFH and for the Missing Letter Opera Patched Orbis to F while Ahwaric was away. Orbis H will probably come out tonight (Euro Time) acording to the Bug thread.

So, I've played Orbis before. But I'm disappointed to find out it isn't compatible with Vista (not gonna even try my Windows 7, which is like Vista+crap). Download went fine. After that, tried to run the installer.
It said, "The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running..."
Is there some way maybe to monkey it so I can play Orbis? Would putting a copy of BTS in the normal Program Files (instead of Program Files[x86]) work? Any ideas'd be helpful.

So, I've played Orbis before. But I'm disappointed to find out it isn't compatible with Vista
Huh?
It is compatibile with vista. It is compiled on vista. Tested on vista and even installer is made on vista.
No idea why you have problems running Orbis, never seen anything like this.:confused:
UAC messes things, but it does it for FfH too.

Edit: I thought I will mention that I have civ installed on another disc, not C:. So not in program files folder.

Weird. I'll try some things then. Thanks.

Huh?
It is compatibile with vista. It is compiled on vista. Tested on vista and even installer is made on vista.
No idea why you have problems running Orbis, never seen anything like this.:confused:
UAC messes things, but it does it for FfH too.

Edit: I thought I will mention that I have civ installed on another disc, not C:. So not in program files folder.

I have Civ installed under default directories in Vista 64-bit, and it works "fine". (I say "fine" because it is slow ;). Can't play on huge maps, takes too long to process turns :( ).

I have Civ installed under default directories in Vista 64-bit, and it works "fine". (I say "fine" because it is slow ;). Can't play on huge maps, takes too long to process turns :( ).

same here.... though my computer can handle huge map up to turn 400 in quick... then it just becomes too slow... and i hardly ever win a game :(

does anyone exactly know what causes the slowdown (wich seems to increase with every modmod) and more important if something can be done about it?

Top Bottom