After the patch, my Multiplayer match civ's had a sex change

Sjru

Dragon
Yeah I don't know what happened, the match loads fine with my friend, but almost all the civs switched places

I was Denmark,then I loaded and I was Spain!! Mongols became Kamekameha, Kamekameha became Denmark... and the mongols don't know where they went.

What the... is this kind of situation normal after a patch?

BTW everyone kept their cities, however unique units switched places. My berserk was replaced by the spanish unique unit.

What the... is this kind of situation normal after a patch?

In general: Yes.
Especially since it's said in the patch notes that the patch might break you savegame (which happened here).

In earlier Civ versions you would not even have been able to load the save ^^.

It's very unfortunate that we still didn't have a proper solution to stop steam from auto-updating this game.
Staying offline all the time isn't a proper solution, I have other games in steam that need online connectivity sometimes.

Well, it isn't the game's fault by itself, but having to use Steam for it, it's hard not to be angry at the publisher. There should be some pressure on Valve to fix the absolutely useless auto-update-deactivating-option in the game-properties. Somehow I didn't get the meaning behind this function in it's current state.

For a game with this modability it's especially bad. Every time a patch comes along, it breaks my modded savegames (as this latest patch did).
I was just in a almost 1000-turn game which I wanted to finish before the release of G&K, when this patch surprised me (I didn't expect it to be released earlier than 1-2 days before G&K).

Sometimes I hate Steam :mad:.

It's very unfortunate that we still didn't have a proper solution to stop steam from auto-updating this game.
Staying offline all the time isn't a proper solution, I have other games in steam that need online connectivity sometimes.

Well, it isn't the game's fault by itself, but having to use Steam for it, it's hard not to be angry at the publisher. There should be some pressure on Valve to fix the absolutely useless auto-update-deactivating-option in the game-properties. Somehow I didn't get the meaning behind this function in it's current state.

For a game with this modability it's especially bad. Every time a patch comes along, it breaks my modded savegames (as this latest patch did).
I was just in a almost 1000-turn game which I wanted to finish before the release of G&K, when this patch surprised me (I didn't expect it to be released earlier than 1-2 days before G&K).

Sometimes I hate Steam :mad:.

I believe there's an option to deactivate automatic updates on the game properties.

I believe there's an option to deactivate automatic updates on the game properties.
Yes, I know, but it's broken. As soon as you start the game, it sets its self back to 'always keep this game up to date'. So, when you exit the game, you'll get the update anyway.

Heh, same problem here, only with a single player game.
Loaded the save, and Babylon's colors and symbol had changed to Denmark's -- even though they're still Babylon. Also now has Harald as leader. So I scroll over to check what happened to Denmark's cities, and they're Spain now... leader is Pacachuti of Spain lol. This would have been a great patch to put through on April 1st. :lol:

Top Bottom