CIV 5 interest

I've been playing Civ5 since Vanilla, and I love the game :D :D . I just find though that I'm starting to really lose interest with the game and now I'm starting to play Total War games like Shogun 2 and Empire.

How do you Civ Fanatics here keep on playing the same Civ 5 over and over again? Do you have certain strategies that keep you hooked on the edge everytime you play?

First, I play other games :)

Then when I do play, I don't do the same thing every single time, I "roleplay" the civ.
Also, I never cheat or use exploits. Those things makes the game even easier that it already is and a game that is too easy is usually boring.

Well i never get bored with the game. I play other games to but most Civ. Use different civs to play with and use mods. And im using the SDK to make my own scenario, using the same earth map everytime but change somethings and mods on every new game so its always fun to play.

Use different civs to play with and use mods. And im using the SDK to make my own scenario, using the same earth map everytime but change somethings and mods on every new game so its always fun to play.

i have the Mac App Store version :(

I try different personal challenges. Like right now I'm playing as persia and my goal on an earth map and I've recreated their empire and I've actually made it bigger. Now I'm headed into the 1900s and I'm basically a larger version of the Ottoman empire. It's going to be interesting to see how the late game plays out when you have a contiguous country that stretches from Modern day Istanbul down to Cairo and on into modern day Syria, Iraq, Saudia Arabia, Qatar and Iran into Pakistan. I also have a small city on Sri Lanka. So it's cool to see how powerful and important I'll be in the Modern age.

But I've played games trying recreate the Roman empire, the mongols, the carthagian empire. I've played a Terra game and sailed to the other continent as Hawaii.

I'm constantly trying to look for interesting scenarios to play out myself. Civ BE doesn't seem to be fully realized quite yet but I'll keep playing CiV until they perfect the new game.

Top Bottom