The Deity Challenge Line-up #24 - Arabian nights

Some ideas I had...

1. Korea, SV disabled
2. Korea, all VCs disabled (more extreme version of 1.)
3. Korea, all AIs are also Korea
4. Carthage, all AIs are also Carthage
5. Carthage, all AIs are Venice
6. Assyria, all AIs are Zulu
7. Assyria, all AIs are feared warmongers
8. Assyria, all AIs are top tier
9. Denmark, some fun thing I can't think of
10. Shoshone, some fun thing I can't think of
11. Siam, all AIs are Alex

etc...

My suggestion:
"Master of Puppets", Pangea, Only DomV, Everyone plays Venice.

Or at least make a Venice game, its by far my favourite civ :D

Well, it would be interesting to see how the OCC race will develop. However, there would have to be a way to tell different Venices apart :D

Really wanted to go domination on this, but it was surprisingly hard to get the camel archers up and running.

Spoiler :

5 City Tradition

Policies:

Rationalism
Order

Wonders:

Leaning Tower
Porcelain Tower
Hubble

Religion:

Desert Folklore
Tithe
Pagodas
Swords Into Plowshares
Religious Texts

Details:

The tech pace for the AI was very fast. Pedro had crossbows around turn 80, France was showing me their Muskets not long after. Natural barriers seemed to be the only thing preventing an attack by Napoleon. No horses, no camel archers. This was really the weakest part of the map, as camel archers would have been fun to play.

Very stiff competition for wonders all game, did not get Oracle, TOA, HG, or Petra. Stiff competition for city state alliances, so I could not get a CS snowball effect going.

Very powerful religion possible due to Desert Folklore. Bazaar was awesome. In retrospect, Liberty may have been the better choice, due to easy religion and Bazaars. Pedro sort of fooled me when he went Liberty initially, and then did not expand. I got really annoyed when he took the only source of nearby horses.

Weird, the win didn't unlock the achievement for me, just noticed that o_O

There is definitely a bug with the game. I have all sorts of achievements that haven't unlocked properly. :(

Just around with religion to see how much pressure and conversion I can get from beliefs and WC proposals. You can see that with just Grand Temple and Religious Texts, I am exerting 126 pressure on the Holy City of Rio. It then got recaptured and pressure reduced, but after World Religion passed and I sent a trade route or two, the pressure rose to 179. Can it actually convert a Holy City, now that it's been captured? My capital has 220 religious pressure, whoa. Could probably top it with more trade routes.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 178
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    298.6 KB · Views: 166
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    298.3 KB · Views: 178
SV T252

Spoiler :

This must have been the 1st game in a while when I lost a WF thanks to Shoshone who conquered Germans and had massive production. Later on I won IG though, hydro plant is what Mecca really needed.

Religion was very strong, bought mosques and cathedrals in every city and 3GS and 1GE and still had some faith left.

AI is a bit broken IMO, basically I was the only one who took Freedom and had -37 (yet stayed positive overall) pressure and no friends. I had money to buy only 3 space parts. What I did was I bought 1 nuke and instantly I had 4 new friends. I took a loan and bought the rest of my parts. I think nukes should not be so scary but maybe they should? :D

Attachments

• arabia_dcl_sun.jpg
    arabia_dcl_sun.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 357
yeah when AIs see you brandishing nukes, they poo their pants, check out the Babylon game I screened

I just finished ICL-24 Celts, and nukes only made my Freedom Friend Afraid. I couldn't believe nobody else changed their (negative) stance at all. I was #2 in military as well, and pumping lots of ideological pressure.

Since the last three maps I played were Salt starts this feels slow.

to t100
Spoiler :

Looking at this start I'm not really happy. Coastal but no sea resources, no growth tiles. Plenty of desert but its not like Arabia gets desert folklore and Petra for free :)

Moved inland - probably a better long term spot, but closer to Vatican City than I would ideally like.

Lucky scouting gave me a free pantheon (Well, I did go scout, scout, monument, scout).

Stole two workers from France (at the cost of my warrior) and 1 worker from Pedro. Turns 60-80 were quite tense as I was expecting an attack from either Nappy or Pedro, but the affable Brazilian sent me a DoF instead. Phew.

I think I'm out of the woods now, at t100. Solid growth and great Faith:

I'm not sure but I don't think any of the earlier playthroughs moved the settler inland. Nice move. Am interested to see how you're getting on. Going for Science or Domination or what?

I am surprised that he/she moved settler inland and was still able to grab those city spots. I think I had to even buy a settler/block in my playthroughs because Pedro and Napoleon were racing through Liberty.

Going for Science or Domination or what?

I started this, too with some spare time and after the questions about worker stealing, scouting etc I also recorded my game and it's definitely 'or what' category. Too bad I didn't watch clock so my first ~1 hr stint turned out as 3½ hours and while the game is getting older it's not getting any faster.

Currently @T200, 7 civs left in the game, I'm leader in nothing, negative gpt, happiness issues, one DoF but no friends, nobody shares my ideology, very soon obsolete army, no win in sight so everything is going according to plan - I just need to figure out what this plan is.
Missed few wonders like Petra and skipped the rest so after the Cathy game this feels more like what Liberty usually is. Around T15 when I had 2 workers & Desert Folklore I fell asleep as I was thinking, crap yet another camp game but I was proven wrong shortly afterwards. Expecting another seriously long game but more interesting one than last few.

Top Bottom