Game has gray textures on edges of map.

labellavienna

Warlord
Hi, thanks first and foremost for taking a look at this. I have been playing Civilization V for a week now without any problems.

However today I made a new Civilization and for some reason when i get my Scouts to the far side of the map...this happens:

As you can see, there are grey textures where the ocean/clouds are suppose to be.
Any idea why this is? It has never happened before.

Thanks for any helpful input!

Are you saying that it is suppose to look like this? I was thinking that the gray area is suppose to be clouds textures that didn't load successfully. Please please help me...I am so computer illiterate it's quite sad. =[

(The map style is north vs south..or something like that)

I'm not sure if it should look like this, but I guess so.
At least in the past people have complained that they could not distinguish the actual map border from normal not yet uncovered tiles, so they might have changed that to the grey (but like said, not sure :dunno:).

It's so...ugly if it is. I guess I've only played "continents" that allowed it to repeat tiles like circling a globe.

I think it is normal to be grey to the left and right. And cloudy to the north and south, which always causes me to move a scouting unit waste 1 movement point by moving him to the most upper or lower row of tiles instead of the second last row, where he'd already have scouted the top/bottom most row as well.

If you are playing a scenario or map that does not "wrap" around like a globe, then that is the normal view: clouds top and bottom, and grey on the sides.

You might try the mod section to see if any one has figured out how to change to a more aesthetic color for you.

Top Bottom