Game crashes in load screen.

Anvil

Chieftain
I'm unable to play the game. It loads the logos, the intro, then the load screen appears, but then after several seconds I simply crash from the load screen to the desktop. No error message the game just logs out to the desktop.

I've tried
Validating the Cache
Reinstalling drivers. (removing first then cleaning)
Installing sp3
Scanning the internet for every possible fix I can find.

I don't know what else to do. :(

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    47.7 KB · Views: 39
Still does not work, the intro does not play now obviously but the game still after a few seconds on the load page.

Your GTX 460 is a directX 11 card, but your computer has only a directX 9 installation? You may need to uninstall steam and all local game content, and start over to see if a newer version of directx gets installed after the latest installation of service pack 3.

I uninstalled steam and reinstalled steam and the game. This did not have an effect on the problem. I am running XP so I don't think I can use directX 11.

Yes, I think that you are right. About the only thing you can try is either the beta Nvidea driver, or an older one.

Solved

1. Go to this folder: Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\assets\DLC\Expansion

2. Delete every video file you find

I think this was your solution The-J but I did not know where to find the expansion assets.

Top Bottom