Budweiser Immortal Challenge - GP CV

Well, it's then just a matter of how many prophets will be burned before Industrial era, because I kind of quickly forgot about the UA and chopped everything :lol:

T57 - expos

Spoiler :
It's getting crowded in here! The middle of the map is nice if you want to send trade routes for Tourism late on, but it's a bit of a clusterfook for land grabs, as Ash proved by leapfrogging me and forward settling Genghis. I'm positive that Nineveh will be captured before you can say 'Great Wall of China', and then, since I took DoFs from both to sell luxes, I will have at least one enemy. Then Genghis settled another city close to where I wanted. I wanted the tile indicated by my mouse cursor in the picture. So city #3 will go to the coast and we will see if there is any room left after NC, which should be pretty early with all this forest. I've never seen such a nice load of forest for a Celts game. Cheers, budweiser, and cheers to Bob for his Windoze trickery! :)

What is the point of buying musicians if you don't have any meaningful tourism output? Also, Boudicca's fpt generation is highly exaggerated. You want to improve all those forest luxuries at some point...

What does 'capturing a world wonder' mean exactly? Is it allowed to capture a city, then raze it? Or sell it?

T90ish.
Spoiler :
Decided to risk Genghis's and Ashurbanipal's wrath by squeezing in a 4th city and buying the fresh water tiles. The build queue is pretty straight forward. I could fill it all the way through to victory if it let you put stuff in there which you haven't tech-ed yet. If I'm allowed to conquer cities I'll try for Futurism. If not I'll sit back and do it the old-fashioned Freedom way. Without CN tower it means hard-building broadcast towers :(

What does 'capturing a world wonder' mean exactly? Is it allowed to capture a city, then raze it? Or sell it?

Well, literally you cannot take possession of a city that contains a WW no matter how short the duration. You will have to arrange for someone else to do the dirty work. :)

At least you can build National Wonders. Oxford and Hermitage here I come.

Also, I wonder if this is supposed to be Autocracy game. You still get +250 tourism for buying GWAM, right?

I dislike bribes even more than I dislike having to win without conquest or wonders. I guess I will just have to build an army of Indiana Jones's and all the non-wonder stuff to house the relics they dig up. Will beeline Archaeology. This should be pretty tough, though.

Sorry, forgot the tags. Fixed now.

Liberty feels so good. :) Haven't started the NC, but I am planning to go Piety for extra faith from shrines and then extra gold from temples. I will finish it towards the end for the culture from holy sites, which I only have 3 so far. But in this challenge, every tourism counts.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 126
I have banned religion to take away bonus tourism from World's Religion Holy City. The CV must be powered by GP. As it is, I already left in a HUGE crutch.
Well, bonus tourism is bonus isn't it? You need some tourism first so you still need those great works.

I'll pass on this one as i really see no point playing the Celts if i can't try to get a religion. Part of the fun for me is trying to get as much as i can from each civs uniques (UA, UB and UU)

I'm still trying on my first go and I just flipped a city!

Then I just flipped somebody's original cap with WW in it. But I was able to choose Liberate. :)

Tiring game, but it's my fault it dragged for so long.

This would have been easier on Deity because you don't get wonder or religion anyway. :lol:

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    303.7 KB · Views: 165
The last I don't know how many turns were spent watching youtube, clicking 'next turn,' and sucking Alex's d*ck.

I was fairly fortunate with religion, while everyone was fighting to convert my cities, I stocked up. I think I got 3 Mosques, one Pagoda, and a pair of Cathedrals and Monasteries each :lol:

Already in the tech lead, using every opportunity to build more units, but everyone loves me anyway. No screenshot yet because I forgot :/

Yeah, I gave open borders to Theodora and built 4 Cathedrals. That's 8 tourism with artifacts.

This game was actually really fun :)

Here's what happened.

Spoiler :
After jumping into the tech lead fairly quickly, I proceeded to work on getting higher production and getting out as much units as I can. I kind of ignored science and growth but then again, I kind of didn't. World Fair and International Games were proposed on the same turn, which is the first time it happened to me. What was even more surprising was that I actually won both somehow :)

Later on, the diplomatic relations collapsed and I was attacked by Greece, Sweden and Assyria, with Ashur being my ally for over 5000 years beforehand. Oh well, The wars went on for around 20-25 turns, they couldn't really put a dent in my armor but both of them were kind of running away and with no tourism modifiers to keep up, it might have been problematic. Also, Alex got it together and bought every CS on the map except a pair I kept for myself and which proved to have saved me in the end, he had 38 and needed 40, hehs. I won on the next turn.

Now the screenies:

1. A bit random and showed how crazy Genghis was, he was the tech leader at the time and he BUILT quite a number of wonders.
2. Outcome of IG
3. Outcome of WF. Note how they were 5 turns apart.
4. Final screen showing I never founded a religion
5. Final screen showing I built no world wonders
6. Demographics
7. Win

Apparently the game is still bad enough on Immortal that even with such self imposed crippling disadvantages you can still pull off a win. I'm going to assume one of the next challenges would involve Korea/Babs/Maya/Poland, task it Science win obviously and Tradition/Liberty and Rationalism are not allowed :p That obviously hurt my tourism a lot but with a better tech rate, I'm sure it would have proved to be not as much a disadvantage. I probably could have built at least 15 wonders, production was very good on this map.

Attachments

• armysize.jpg
    armysize.jpg
    348.4 KB · Views: 107
  • games.jpg
    games.jpg
    399 KB · Views: 159
  • fairs.jpg
    fairs.jpg
    399 KB · Views: 114
  • no religion too.jpg
    no religion too.jpg
    381.4 KB · Views: 194
  • no wws.jpg
    no wws.jpg
    451.9 KB · Views: 140
  • stats.jpg
    stats.jpg
    371.8 KB · Views: 120
  • win.jpg
    win.jpg
    444.3 KB · Views: 110
The next challenge is domination victory without actually building any troops.

Top Bottom