DEITY CHALLENGE - aiming for sub 100T domination victory

Ya, I tried a map "sandstorm" with 4 players, hoping for an easy ride, but it gave me hills, jungle, forest. Basically, what is the point of 5 movement when it is reduced to 1 on rough terrain anyway?

I did win by t89. Chariot Archers are really bad early on, however. They can die to a city attack and an archer. You need 3-4 promotions for them to actually be good. They are still fragile. And when you go for fast conquest, your spearman just doesn't quite cut it, and you will need a horseman, but horsemen are also fragile when sieging cities. So you will be losing either horsemen or chariot archers every turn or every other turn going again civs who went Tradition, Goddess of Protection pantheon, or built walls. But I think it should be doable sub t-100 with the right terrain and with splitting into 2 armies, at least 4 chariots each. It's not going to work vs capitals deep in the forest.

I would really appreciate an LP from whoever pulls this off. Or about as detailed a writeup as possible. It's asking much but it's for the greater good :D

Egypt seems more like a wonder spamming traditional civilization. Pulling something off with war chariots I doubt would be possible since war chariots already suffer from movement penalties in terrain. War chariots seem more like defensive units that move around the borders to protect the improvements in the land that barbarians want to plunder.

Isn't it true that on G&K you don't even have to capture all the capitals? Just be the last person in charge of their original capital? I can't remember cuz I hated that game.

Meh, Domination HoF is worthless in my opinion. It allows you to play with promotion saving which makes war stupidly easy, even easier than it already is.

Normally you have to be somewhat protective of your units - retreat your experienced dudes back so they can heal, which slows you down a lot at times. With promotion saving you can just mindlessly zerg AI cities with your Horse Archers, have any of them ready to insta heal and skip turn to gain 60hp and literally buy you an extra turn of siege. The rest of HAs save their promotions and get logistics much faster than they normally would because everyone is shooting and no one is retreating.

It's simply broken. No idea why they would disallow policy saving but allow saving promotions. I guess HoF admins are tradition peacemongers too and couldn't care less about war.

Yeah so here's my 2 cents. Anyone disagreeing with me? Bring it on. :cowboy:

Meh, Domination HoF is worthless in my opinion. It allows you to play with promotion saving which makes war stupidly easy, even easier than it already is.

So, where is yours sub 100t submission? ;)

BTW: I feel kinda exhausted from civ, don't have desire to even try, need some break, currently I'm playing PoE not sure when I come back, so more time for brave :)

Yeah, it's a good game, although seems unbalanced (classes) and has some bugs; but for people who like old school RPG it's a must. :)

So, where is yours sub 100t submission? ;)

Right. So I'm not allowed to criticize anything unless I'm also an expert in that field? Come on man, I saw a movie last week and I can tell you it was really bad. And I'm not even a movie director! :lol:

Also I won a turn 11 Deity Domination victory as Huns FYI, so to my knowledge I'm the best around here. :cowboy: Unfortunately I hadn't submitted that game so you'll going to have to trust me on that one.

In reality though I don't submit games because I'm not good enough to compete with other great players, simple as that. All I'm saying is that HoF rules are stupid for allowing promotion saving and not policy saving.

I could get a turn 200 science victory if I was allowed to restart the game as Poland to luck into favourable culture CS quests, stockpile ton of culture in the medieval era and finish Rationalism on the same turn I enter renaissance. And I'm not even good at this game. That's why policy saving is disallowed. It's stupid. And promotion saving is as bad... HoF admins just don't play this game any more so they can't realise that.

Anyway that's too much digression, have fun with your "competition". I won't even be mad if someone gets that turn 100 victory, I promise. :king:

I dislike these early win time games for another reason: they depend too much on luck. You need a great civ, great map, easy neighbors, great terrain, great luxuries etc. I'm not in the practice of endlessly rerolling starts until I see something that looks promising. The chances of getting a great map on the first roll are incredibly small. The strategy that gives the quickest win based on the game you get is more what I'd care about. But trying to compare finish times across two independent games is odd to me.

I dislike these early win time games for another reason: they depend too much on luck. You need a great civ, great map, easy neighbors, great terrain, great luxuries etc. I'm not in the practice of endlessly rerolling starts until I see something that looks promising. The chances of getting a great map on the first roll are incredibly small. The strategy that gives the quickest win based on the game you get is more what I'd care about. But trying to compare finish times across two independent games is odd to me.

HOF allows you to choose opponents :) With Huns you are almost quaranteed to get "salt" start. Pastures gives +1 production with huns UA so it's almost as good as salt expect gold :)

Biggest factory is proly having altitude training natural wonder nearby. It really speeds up game

But trying to compare finish times across two independent games is odd to me.

You kinda miss the point - it's not who will be the fastest, but the goal of this thread is to prove that sub 100T DomV victory in HoF rules is possible at all, since nobody have done it yet.

I had no idea promotion saving was allowed! I would, however, hope and imagine that whoever attempts this challenge will consciously avoid that exploit :)

I had a stab at this a couple of days ago and got merked by Denmark. I'll have another shot soon, and I've even finally got the means to make LPs now. I'll probably opt for a warts-and-all approach though. That way I can get the maximum input from better players.

It's surely possible with Huns but you need a very cooked map. Play high sea level with 5 billions years and dry temp. for better results.

Add Salt, El Dorado and research Bronze working and Wheel. Start with warrior and pray for 2 rams from ruins. Buy 2 more and circle up and down with 2 groups of rams and take all caps.

With major luck i'm sure you can do this under 70 turns.

Top Bottom