Most hated leader

Skwink

FRIIIIIIIIIITZ
Who do you hate to have in a game of Civ 4? For me it's Tokagawa, he barely ever trades with me!

Zara Yaqob. He always gets and spams a different religion from mine to other civs and gets them to gang up on me, and he always ends up really big and near the top in my games. Isabella comes in a close second. Huayna Capac seems to like to spam the spies.

Decius. He ALWAYS shows up because of his stupid three different civs, doesn't ever seem to even have the right alignment, and doesn't follow what those civs should do anyway. It's not even "love-to-hate" with this guy, he just breaks things and annoys me too much. Raiders of course does not help...Though maybe those who know players like me get frustrated, and put him in the game anyway, are the ones who can laugh.

Though Cyrus is what I would say for vanilla since the original civ IV. In fact there've been plenty of similar threads to this one and I've explained before, Cyrus is just awfully annoying.

Other takes:
-Hatty - Cyrus' love slave and I hate her too
-Asoka - annoying, tech really fast, worst of that type of AI. Usually Asoka is worse than Gandhi, and worse than Mansa etc...
-Monty, he is the worst and most annoying AI warmongerer, the others just don't stack up as bad.
-Toku, is really annoying for never trading anything. He won't trade techs because he fears HE will become too advanced.

I generally find almost all of the BtS AI leaders actually acceptable, good all around or weak warmongerers but then I don't care. Sitting Bull is really annoying though, if nearby - if far away he's just a pain in another AI's side with constant espionage and defense-spam.

"The water supply of ________ has been poisoned by infiltrators."

Gosh, I don't suppose that might be my friendly neighbor, Sitting Bull, might it?

Boudica, allways getting me distracted with her red hair and her... eyes and red hair and then wipping me out. and she allways manages to become a superpower and my neighbour.

...did I mention the red hair ?

Montezuma.

No other AI has been stupid enough to attack me after i've given into their demands for tech WHILST i'm bigger than them. :rolleyes:

But, I suppose he can't hear logic over his own "HUEHUEHUEHUE NAO I WAR JOO".

I find that Toku is alright just because he falls way behind in tech, so it's easy to accede to his demands and invade him later.

I hate Mansa. He can be way ahead in tech compared to everyone else and then demand a tech from me. And then he peace vassals to a warmonger. It's annoying. If you get on his good side however, he's a good tech trading partner.

I played a game recently where I had Pacal as a neighbor and he founded a ton of religions and was teching like crazy. He was ahead of me in tech by 1500 AD even though I had twice as many cities. He was also wonder spamming like there was no tomorrow. The fast teching AIs can seem pretty innocuous, but they're dangerous because they bring the global tech rate up by trading techs away, and so when a warmonger AI is supposed to have only cuirassiers, they might already have cavalry because of a tech whoring AI.

Decius. He ALWAYS shows up because of his stupid three different civs, doesn't ever seem to even have the right alignment, and doesn't follow what those civs should do anyway. It's not even "love-to-hate" with this guy, he just breaks things and annoys me too much. Raiders of course does not help...Though maybe those who know players like me get frustrated, and put him in the game anyway, are the ones who can laugh.

Though Cyrus is what I would say for vanilla since the original civ IV. In fact there've been plenty of similar threads to this one and I've explained before, Cyrus is just awfully annoying.

Other takes:
-Hatty - Cyrus' love slave and I hate her too
-Asoka - annoying, tech really fast, worst of that type of AI. Usually Asoka is worse than Gandhi, and worse than Mansa etc...
-Monty, he is the worst and most annoying AI warmongerer, the others just don't stack up as bad.
-Toku, is really annoying for never trading anything. He won't trade techs because he fears HE will become too advanced.

I generally find almost all of the BtS AI leaders actually acceptable, good all around or weak warmongerers but then I don't care. Sitting Bull is really annoying though, if nearby - if far away he's just a pain in another AI's side with constant espionage and defense-spam.

Who's Decius?

Sitting Bull.

I don't think i need to tell anyone here why one would dislike the guy.

I absolutely despise Sitting Bull. He's hard to take out, doesn't seem to try to win, and poisons your water continuously.

Shaka and Monty add spice. Sitting Bull is just annoying as hell! Next time I get Manhattan Project, I'll nuke him just for being him.

Isabella is always asking for free stuff. I also hate Louis XIV because he looks like a jerk and everyone probably secretly hated him back then. I also hate Catherine; she backstabs.

I absolutely despise Sitting Bull. He's hard to take out, doesn't seem to try to win, and poisons your water continuously.

Shaka and Monty add spice. Sitting Bull is just annoying as hell! Next time I get Manhattan Project, I'll nuke him just for being him.

Let's not overlook the fact that the only way tto keep him from begging techs on alternate turns is to fall behind him in techs, so that you never have any which he doesn't have. Then he'll probably only ask you for trade goods.

He is a lame alli and vassal, he just sits there and never helps in a war. You can usually depend on Shaka and Monty to go to war when you need them, It may help to gift them galleons or gunpowder, but they're not reluctant warriors.

BullsEye is the mosted hated leader, hands down.

Maybe Elizabeth of England. No specific reason, I just don't like her. :lol:

For me it's Tokagawa, he barely ever trades with me!

Tokugawa once offered me Open Borders, I've read that is very rare. Maybe it happened because I was playing in one of the easier difficulty levels.

Maybe Elizabeth of England. No specific reason, I just don't like her. :lol:
I've found that she is a very weak AI who doesn't expand much or build much military.

The AIs I dislike the most are the ones who expand a lot: Joao, Cyrus, Cathy, Sury, Zara, etc.

Tokugawa because he rarely trades or open borders and then gets annoyed and invades.

That said I'm starting to learn how to get him happier and have open borders... and once you have open borders with him he's generally quite a helpful friend :)

Top Bottom