+52 G&K achievements added (with description)

The Greek Fire Achievement:

"As Byzantines, sink 10 Greek ships with a Dromon."

This has to be one of the most boring achievements to get. I had to prolong a game which had been won for a couple of hours, with a Dromon parked outside Athens waiting for Alexander to build boats. In the mean time, the rest of my navy had been upgraded to Frigates and Caravels and taken out the rest of the map.

Oh well...202/227 complete...

I'm not sure if this has been pointed out, but for the "longest name ever" achievement, you could set up a settler game on a small~ map, with you as the Huns and an AI as the Celts. Since you take city names from the bottom of the city lists of the present civs, all you have to do is spam a few cities, and you'll get that city eventually.
I haven't tried it, but I'm quite positive it works.

i thought it was city names from civs that arent in your games. i think some people use that as an indicator of who isnt in your games.

No, it's in game. The Huns founded Reno in one of my games as America. And they also founded Strasbourg while France was in the game.

Unfortunately, the Huns founding the Llanfairblahblahblah doesn't work.

I'm not sure if this has been pointed out, but for the "longest name ever" achievement, you could set up a settler game on a small~ map, with you as the Huns and an AI as the Celts. Since you take city names from the bottom of the city lists of the present civs, all you have to do is spam a few cities, and you'll get that city eventually.
I haven't tried it, but I'm quite positive it works.

You shouldn't be positive in something you haven't tried. It doesn't work.

No, it's in game. The Huns founded Reno in one of my games as America. And they also founded Strasbourg while France was in the game.

Unfortunately, the Huns founding the Llanfairblahblahblah doesn't work.

interesting. i thought strasbourg was german but i just looked it up. it is in france but right by german borders where lots of cites sound quite german. thanks for the heads up.

interesting. i thought strasbourg was german but i just looked it up. it is in france but right by german borders where lots of cites sound quite german. thanks for the heads up.

RL:Changed hands a couple of times over the last 1,000 years between the Germans,Holy Roman Empire, France, but was originally a Roman City/outpost.

Achievements mean nothing to me.

Looking in the achievements debug file, i found some descriptions that started with "error". are these achievements that were dropped? (and so yes, does anyone knows why?) And what unit building is "pedia"? I have build/recruited (almost) everything, but that counte ris still on zero

Sorry if this already has been asked.

(btw, kudos for Feiling for making those achievement saves. I use them for achievement were you could easily set up a game, but dont want to go through all the turns)

the erroneous one's in the log were dropped jep... probably because they weren't working.
pedia probably used to be the counter for how many civiliopedia entries you've read - also dropped.

(btw, kudos for Feiling for making those achievement saves. I use them for achievement were you could easily set up a game, but dont want to go through all the turns)
;)

Finally got the last achievement as Western Rome on deity. I can't remember a lot of details but I basically got a golden age somehow and stashed cash for the end when things were ~ -75 GPT for some time. I was maxed out on legions with 45+ CBs, a couple large navies, a wide assortment of captured units and whatever else. Strategically, I thought the Franks were the easiest then the civ in Africa. Celts weren't too bad but the Goths turn out to be the toughest. I did some extensive roading and removing of roads.

Celts: At the end I had the north coast of France roaded and lined with CBs, something resembling a navy and an assortment of units in the water. Used eastern most city in a game of give and take to eventually destroy enough Celtic triremes so middle city on north coast of France could be taken. Somehow I got a navy "round the bend."

Goths: Tunneled into the last city from 2 sides. Tunnel from west was kinda meh, southern one was better. Had enough surplus units to create a couple of screening forces inside Gothic turf and nearer Byzantium enabling the tunneling crew to work. Lots of roading and chopping went on.

Franks: Starting units by Rome are enough to hold Franks at bay by that one city so that other city can finish a horseman. Franks take city and go to other city. I retake city. Frankish units return. I leave. Other city finishes horsemen as my units in France held that other city long enough. Er, something like that. 1st citadel goes near that one city that traded hands a couple of times.

That civ in Africa: Pretty easy. Had a navy of ~15 triremes at one point.

When I finished game, enough roads had been removed and workers/units deleted to get back down to ~-20 GPT with cash running out.

Has anyone had any luck with the "RAM Usage" achievement. I researched Satellites with Attilia on a Large Map, but nothing. Looking at the global steam stats and 0% of people have it, so seeing it's not a particularly hard achievement I'd say it was bugged.

I did it on a huge arch. It clicked over as all the map showed up. Maybe you have to be first.

Can anyone clarify if 'We are family' is based on the original capitals of all civilisations?

I/e/ do I have to go and convert all of the original capitals (which are probably holy cities too so I have to do it with great prophets and all at the same time).

Is this achievement broken?:confused: I captured Damascas on about turn 65 yesterday, playing as the Celts at the Prince level.:goodjob: The achievement didn't pop. It's kinda tedius, so I don't want to try again if the achievement is broken.

its not broken, i did it a few weeks ago. you have to capture one of the cities that is sassanid at the start of the game. damascus is originally owned by eastern rome, if i remember correctly, and was probably captured by the sassanids in your game.

Top Bottom