+52 G&K achievements added (with description)

To those lazy :
- As Spain, use an Inquisitor to remove another Religion.
- Capture Rome as the Vandals using a boat in the Fall of Rome scenario.
- Capture any Sassanid city as the Celts in the Fall of Rome scenario.
- Win the game as Eastern or Western Rome on Deity and have all your original cities under your control in the Fall of Rome scenario.
- Capture and recruit all the barbarian Unique Units using Western Roman Legions without any of them dying in the Fall of Rome scenario.
- Capture both Rome and Constantinople in the same game in the Fall of Rome scenario.
- Capture Constantinople as any enemy power in the Fall of Rome scenario.
- Destroy an enemy unit with a Flyer based at a Sky Fortress in the Empires of the Smoky Skies scenario.
- Share intrigue with another player in the Empires of the Smokey Skies scenario.
- Retain control of the same honourable title for the entire length of the game it is available in the Empires of the Smokey Skies scenario.
- Win as the Almohads on Emperor or above in the Into the Renaissance scenario.
- Win as Russia on Emperor or above in the Into the Renaissance scenario.
- Win as the Celts on Emperor or above in the Into the Renaissance scenario.
- As the Turks, conquer Istanbul on Deity in the Into the Renaissance scenario.
- As England, conquer Jerusalem on Emperor or above in the Into the Renaissance scenario.
- Bully 3000 gold from City-States across any number of playthroughs.
- Share intrigue with a player who previously shared intrigue with you.
- As the Maya, nuke a city in the year 2012.
- As Austria, replace another civ as allies with a City-State and acquire the City-State through diplomatic marriage in the same turn.
- Have the city of Llanfairpwllgwyngyll in your empire.
- As Byzantines, sink 10 Greek ships with a Dromon
- As Ethiopia, earn 5 Great Prophets.
- As Sweden, start a turn with your Great General stacked with a Hakkapelitta.
- Research Satellites while playing as Attila on a huge map.
- As Carthage, attack a Roman Unit with an African Forest Elephant from a mountain tile.
- Capture a Spanish Coastal City with a Dutch Sea Beggar.
- Select the Papal Primacy Belief and Ally with 12 City-States.
- Capture the city that built Petra using a Landship.
- As Russia, kill an English Spy.
- Win the Empires of the Smoky Skies scenario
- Win the Fall of Rome scenario.
- Win the Into the Renaissance scenario.
- Lose dominant status in your Holy City to an opponent’s Religion.
- Become the dominant Religion in every Capital city on a standard-size or larger map.
- Become the dominant Religion in an opponent’s Holy City.
- Spread your Religion to an opponent with a Missionary.
- Construct the Great Firewall Wonder.
- Find and kill an enemy Spy.
- Use a Spy to gain influence with a City-State.
- Use a Spy to successfully stage a City-State coup.
- Use a spy to steal Technology from a competitor.
- Found a Religion.
- Found a Pantheon.
- Beat the game on any difficulty as Gustavus Adolphus.
- Beat the game on any difficulty as William of Orange.
- Beat the game on any difficulty as Pacal.
- Beat the game on any difficulty as Attila.
- Beat the game on any difficulty as Haile Selassie.
- Beat the game on any difficulty as Boudicca.
- Beat the game on any difficulty as Dido.
- Beat the game on any difficulty as Empress Theodora.
- Beat the game on any difficulty as Maria Theresa.

Reversed order, so Achievement 1 starts at the bottom, I was too lazy to actually copy and paste all of the names :| :blush:

And now they switched the icons of "Silent No More" and "Defender of the Faith". That's fast.

Link to all 228 current achievements with pictures http://steamcommunity.com/stats/CivV/achievements
and, as Pouakai discovered (thanks!), the XML with descriptions: http://steamcommunity.com/id/mouseypounds/stats/CivV?xml=1
2. Apocalypse Now - As the Maya, nuke a city in the year 2012.
4. Richard the LionHeart - As England, conquer Jerusalem on Emperor or above in the Into the Renaissance scenario.
10. Hannibal's Crossing - As Carthage, attack a Roman Unit with an African Forest Elephant from a mountain tile.
19. Nobody expects... - As Spain, use an Inquisitor to remove another Religion.
44. From Russia with Love - As Russia, kill an English Spy
52. The Last Crusade - Capture the city that built Petra using a Landship

Loving some of these - especially the Indiana Jones achievement... Though Richard the Lionheart "Into the Renaissance?" How long is that scenario?

Here's to hoping the scenarios are bigger and better than the previous scenarios (which, while decent, weren't amazing).

Into the Renaissance scenario looks that it will be pretty epic (Almohads as separate Civ? Great!), but we still don't know much about the Fall of Rome and Smoky Skies. They might be equally surprising.

Some of the achievements seem to be pretty challenging and original, I like it.

Into the Renaissance scenario looks that it will be pretty epic (Almohads as separate Civ? Great!), but we still don't know much about the Fall of Rome and Smoky Skies. They might be equally surprising.

Some of the achievements seem to be pretty challenging and original, I like it.

We actually know enough about the Fall of Rome.

We know that Rome and Constantinopole are "destined" to fail because of policies, which instead of giving you a boost, give you a negative modifier towards something, making it harder to defend yourself against the barbarians.

We actually know enough about the Fall of Rome.

We know that Rome and Constantinopole are "destined" to fail because of policies, which instead of giving you a boost, give you a negative modifier towards something, making it harder to defend yourself against the barbarians.

But we don't know about all the factions, victory conditions, units and many other things. We know that there are Vandals (possibly based on Germany), and that there are going to be unique barbarian units able to be captured by Romans. I guess there will be, at least, Goths and Franks to supplement the Huns and Vandals/Germans as the barbarian civs.

It seemed to me that the "barbarian's" victory objective is to capture both Rome and Constantinople.

It seemed to me that the "barbarian's" victory objective is to capture both Rome and Constantinople.

And the Rome and Constantinopole's victory conditions is to defend and retain all of their original city.

It might work very similiary to the Korean scenario.

Also, Fall of Rome - Barbarian Unique Units :|

12. RAM Usage - Research Satellites while playing as Attila on a huge map.

Sadly, I don't think I have the RAM for that :p

I love the very specific ones (kill a Roman unit with an African Forest Elephant from a mountain, capture a Spanish city with a Dutch Sea Beggar).

Into the Renaissance - The Ottomans are probably the Turks and their leader is Mehmet. I think this game will start during the Crusades. The Almohads fit fairly well (1121-1269). They can use Harun as a leaderhead, which is why they weren't added.

"Reconquista Who?" - Win as the Almohads on Emperor or above in the Into the Renaissance scenario

They're in the scenario

Well, that caught me by surprise.

I'm back to thinking this scenario starts earlier. Sometime in the High Middle Ages instead.

I'm really curious then, what additional civs will be scenario-only
Hungary? Poland? Venice?

I'm actually a bit surprised the Celts are in the renaissance-scenario.

And it's nice to see the Sea Beggars confirmed, although I'm disappointed the Dutch achievement is about Brielle and not about the liberation of Leiden, but that's because I'm from Leiden.

(Every year we still celebrate the liberation by sea beggars from the Spanish on the 3rd of october :) It's an enormous festival, if anyone's in the neighbourhood around that time I can highly recommend it ;) )

11. Lion of the North - As Sweden, start a turn with your Great General stacked with a Hakkapelitta.

Can we deduce anything from this how the UU will interact with a Great General?
Wikipedia says this about the 'great general' leading the Hakka's:

His particular skills were in arranging defences for several sorts of situations. He also maintained relatively strict discipline, so his troops did not plunder and pillage as much as others.

And the Hakka's:

The Hakkapeliitta were well-trained Finnish light cavalrymen who excelled in sudden and savage attacks, raiding and reconnaissance. The greatest advantage of the fast and lightly armored Hakkapeliitta cavalry was its charge. They typically had a sword, a helmet, and leather armor or a breastplate of steel. They would attack at a full gallop, fire the first pistol at twenty paces and the second at five paces, and then draw the sword. The horse itself was used like another weapon, as it was used to trample enemy infantry.

Starting a turn with a GG and Hakka on the same tile somehow enables the unique bonus, and that could be defense or pillage related? Or it could give 1 additional attack and movement?

Scotland? William Wallace and Robert the Bruce thingy? :)
Yeah, I know the story, but it seems so out-of-place.
I might be wrong, but as far as I know it's more about Scottish independence than about religious struggles (afaik they were all still Catholics then), also it was centuries before the renaissance.

I don't mind, but I just found it a bit odd. Could've been a city state.

Its called 'into the renaissance', so it is not about the renaissance itself, as about getting to it. Ie, it's a medieval scenario.

Top Bottom