Poll: Favorite/Least Favorite civ to play against?

jerVL/kg

Sheep Nuker
I've only played 3 games of Civ so far but already I'm developing likes & dislikes regarding the various other leaders in the game. Here's where they stand so far:

Like:
1. Catherine. She's rather self-serving and always keeps bugging me for free techs, but she's a powerful ally to have if you can get on her good side. The only thing I don't like about her is whenever I ask her to join me in a war, she'll field a few units but never actually attack anyone. Keeping up with her in the tech race is always a challenge, too. Plus...she's a babe!!
2. Hatsheput. Also a hottie. She's usually peaceful, which is good if you're neighbors. I don't like how she spams my country with missionaries, though.
3. Montezuma. I love this guy. In my first game, I wiped out all but 2 of his cities, and he was pissed off at me for the rest of the game. Kinda felt sorry for him, actually. My second game was interesting...he was the outsider from day one, didn't get along with anyone, until out of the blue he asked me to join his war vs. Roosevelt. (I guess he was desperate and was reaching out to anyone who would listen?) I decided to help him, and WOW he kicked some ass! Took over half of FDR's nation, and later decimated Mansa as well. He even voted for me in the UN election.
4. Julius Caesar. Make friends with this guy and he'll be your lapdog for the rest of the game. Never seems to gain any real power, but heck, sometimes his vote can be the one that swings the election in your favor.

Hate:
1. Cyrus. Sweet Jesus, this guy's annoying. He always grabs land that I want, and he's such a kissup. I make it a point to take him out first in every game, just so I don't have to deal with him anymore!
2. Isabella. What a cold fish -- won't trade, won't sign open borders, won't even talk sometimes. Usually I get so fed up with her that I send up a few units and take her out.
3. Louis XIV. Now, this one's personal. First game with him, I asked for his help against Cyrus. He sent a HUGE army that decimated the Persian jerk...and then demanded tribute. My army was in no position to defend against him if he decided to attack me, so I said yes. Later I fell into his favor (along with Catherine, Hatsheput and a few others) but later when I bribed all the other civs to attack Mansa, he flat out refused. That is, until Mansa was about to fall, he suddenly declares war, sends his massive stack of knights/elephants/pikemen, and steals Timbuktu right from under my nose. :mad: I was so pissed, I immediately declared war on HIM and absolutely decimated his army with my bombers, gunships & marines, then pillaged & razed half his country with my modern armor & mechs. He was so freaked out he actually gave me a city in exchange for peace. Man, that was sweeeet.

Undecided:
1. Washington/Roosevelt. Everyone always seems to hate them. Well, everyone hates America in real life, so I guess that makes sense. :lol: But I've never really gotten a feel for them, whether I ally with them or against them.
2. Asoka. Good ally, but can be stingy with techs. In my current game he went on a wonder-building spree and I got so frustrated, I declared war & wiped out his whole country. Kinda felt bad about it afterwards, strangely enough.
3. Genghis/Kublai Khan. I'd love to try a game where I'm directly allied or opposed to these guys. As it is, they're always so far away that I never interact with them, or so close that I'm forced to take 'em out immediately.
4. Mansa Musa. Actually I tend to vacillate between liking and disliking this guy, depending on whether we're friends or enemies. Like Cyrus he's a suckup, but in a good way (if that makes any sense.) He's usually the one I declare war on when there's nobody left to conquer. :D
5. Bismark, Alexander, Tokugawa, Qin Shi Huang...haven't really developed a feel for any of these guys yet.

Haven't played against: Elizabeth, Frederick, Gandhi, Huayna Capac, Mao Zeodong, Napoleon, Peter, Saladin, or Victoria.

Ok...who are your favorites?

Like: Catherine, Peter, Washington, Hatshesput, Elizabeth.
Tolerate: Roosevelt, Isabella, Victoria, Napolean, Gandhi
Indifferent: Mansa Musa, Both Khans, Tokugawa, Qin Shi Huang, Bismark
Don't Like: Alexander, Ceaser, Cyrus, Hyana Capac, Fredrick,
Pure Hatred: Montezuma, Saladin, Mao Ze dong, Louis XIV, Asoka

Top Bottom