[SDK MOD] Generic Fantasy MODCOMP Showcase Mod

c.fe

Warlord
Update 1: I posted a new version that contains a small scenario - again - primarily for showcase purposes.

I post this mod to allow people to have a look at the new fantasy related modding capabilities that I added.
The most interesting ones are:
  • Magic spells - without any python, units can still be promoted
  • A new "magic" tile yield (like food, hammer, commerce) that
  • A support system that allows a bit more finetuning

If I just published the DLL I'd had to explain all the changes, that people have to do to their XML files to get it running so I decided to upload the mod I used to test the changes.

Warning: This is not a complete mod, there aren't many changes to the tech tree and units but it could be a base for some more serious modding effort *hint*

If you run into problems trying to mod with this "base mod" please post it here.

Download the mod: here

I had some complications... First of all, I circled two of the spots that were throwing me off a bit.

First of all, there's the lion graphic where the graphics for the two new unit actions should be. I wasn't sure whether this was because you used this as a default in the place of any graphics for the new actions or because it was somehow messing up.

Secondly, I circled in the top corner a strange thing that I've never seen before... namely the gold per turn next to a beaker, which I'm assuming is for beakers produced per turn.

Either of these might not be bugs, but the game also crashed at around the fifth turn. So I'm not sure what that's about.

I also pressed the refill mana button and the game crashed.

Dom Pedro II said:
I had some complications... First of all, I circled two of the spots that were throwing me off a bit.
Let's take a look...

Dom Pedro II said:
First of all, there's the lion graphic where the graphics for the two new unit actions should be. I wasn't sure whether this was because you used this as a default in the place of any graphics for the new actions or because it was somehow messing up.

Yeah, this are just stupid default graphics - change them in the XML\Magic\Civ4SpellInfos.xml file.

Dom Pedro II said:
Secondly, I circled in the top corner a strange thing that I've never seen before... namely the gold per turn next to a beaker, which I'm assuming is for beakers produced per turn.

No, this is the amount of magic produced per turn.

Dom Pedro II said:
Either of these might not be bugs, but the game also crashed at around the fifth turn. So I'm not sure what that's about.

I don't know what this is about. You could post the save that leads to the crash. I played a test-game before I uploaded the current version and that didn't crash.

Dom Pedro II said:
I also pressed the refill mana button and the game crashed.

This could be because the global mana amount isn't high enough... perhaps... Have to look at this.

strategyonly said:
Attached is one turn short of the crash:mad: i get, hope this helps i was just about to get Polytheism.

I'm sorry, but I can't reproduce the crash. And the logs do neither indicate any error.

strategyonly said:
Went back and tried again same crash for next turn? maybe there was something wrong with the attached file, am always having trouble with attached file with this site??

Well, you can certainly try to re-download it but I downloaded it and tested your savegame again and: No crash. Perhaps it's one of these strange "Custom Assets" problems?

OK i went in and deleted all the log files then restarted the game and here is the new log files, and the game started this time it went for the next turn and processed normally, then poof next turn crash. SO this time it takes two turns after saved game??

c.fe said:
This could be because the global mana amount isn't high enough... perhaps... Have to look at this.

If this is the case, there should definitely be something to prevent this and just cause nothing to happen if the button is clicked... or perhaps some kind of a prompt that there's insufficient mana to do this.

Top Bottom