Executive action

onejayhawk

Afflicted with reason
Before it actually happens, what Executive action do you think is coming? Presumably this is in relation to immigration.

I gather talk radio has been playing sound bites all day. When GW Bush did wrote some EA the Democrats calved. There are going to a lot of sound bites to use.

J

When GW Bush did wrote some EA

Wasnt it Bush snr that used executive orders for immigration amnesty ?
Not to mention Reagan massive amnesty.

The impeachment circus where Republicans twist themselves into a pretzel is going to be fun to watch.

A path to citizenship is a great idea so long as this executive action involves an actual plan to prevent any more from getting in. Thats been the primary problem with the past amnesties is a lack of preventative measures to avoid the same song and dance repeating.

The comprehensive bill had tons of extra funding for border security (when they said comprehensive they meant it, unless you wanted moats with alligators), but that's not enough to secure its passage.

Indeed we do. His name is John Boehner. He's from Ohio. If Obama and Biden died tomorrow, he'd be President.

And if HE died as well, then this guy would be President. Patrick Leahy, Senator from Vermont.

it would be amazing if Mr. Leahy was president :goodjob:
You heard it here first, folks. Warpus wants Obama to die!

Okay, moving on to my take on the whole executive orders thing.

Honestly, I don't know what to think! I have no problem with executive orders as long as they do not countermand actual congressional directives. I don't know whether Reagan's did that or not, and I don't know if what Obama is planning to or not. But even if they did, I don't think it is appropriate to use that as an excuse to justify Obama doing it. That's like little kid ing about not getting the same toy in a happy meal as their sibling.

So basically, did Reagan's countermand actual congressional directives? Or did he issue an executive order that worked within the framework of passed legislation? Is Obama's actually going to countermand actual congressional legislation, or not?

I simply don't know the answers to these questions.

Wasnt it Bush snr that used executive orders for immigration amnesty ?
Not to mention Reagan massive amnesty.

The impeachment circus where Republicans twist themselves into a pretzel is going to be fun to watch.

Shouldn't President Obama have learnt from these mistakes?

Patrick, by the way, but no it is no joke. He is the President Pro Tem of the Senate. That position is directly below the Speaker of the House in the line of succession.

What is calving?

Specifically, it means the Democrats had a cow. Metaphorically it means they went berserk, ie striking out against anyone, friend or foe. It is politically useful if your own participants are not on the field.

Secure the border

Cut Spending

Do it now

Wait for Congress

Succinctly put. Is there a problem with that approach?

J

minus points to bshup for not posting bohener crying

And yes, unfortunately, it is pronounced "bay-ner"

Patrick has a look on his face: "Please God no! Live you bastards!"

That's actually the only face he can make, poor guy :(

Also he's the guy that introduced PIPA, lest we forget

Top Bottom