Patria Grande: Civilizations of the Americas

Man I hope to see more Civs of North and South America. Other than Colonialist Legacies, this is the best place to find them.

Also... I'd say I will make everything compatible, but to be fair it's been hard managing my time hehe...

Hi! Your mods are great but is this possible to make your pre-colonial civs work with Ethnic units (Inca unit-set should fit perfectly for all of them, maybe except The Tupi civ)? Generic skins aren't so atmmospheric :mischief:
If someone knows how to code it, help c:

Hi! Your mods are great but is this possible to make your pre-colonial civs work with Ethnic units (Inca unit-set should fit perfectly for all of them, maybe except The Tupi civ)? Generic skins aren't so atmospheric :mischief:
If someone knows how to code it, help c:

The old mods haven't been updated to the RED Ethnic Skins mod yet.

And so Venus is here! The Olmecs have arrived Civilization V! Special thanks to Tomatekh who insisted and with whom this wouldn't have been possible!

Download from Steam!

Or from Civfanatics!

The Olmecs, one of the oldest civilizations in Mesoamerica, and craddle of many of their customs and technologies. Their devotion to the stars was reflected particularly in the importance of the Venus Cycles which would be the origin of the Mayan and Aztec calendars. Their warriors would be blessed on such cycles, in special ceremonies, and be known as the Konukswu, the Hallowed Ones. We know few things of the Olmecs, but even now we can see the remains of this great civilization thanks to their buildings and specially their Colossal Heads all over La Venta. In Civilization V they are a tech-oriented civilization that can influence others with their discoveries and their greatness.
Olmec Civilization
  • Leader: U Kix Chan
  • UA: Venus Cycle: After researching Calendar, your Civilization enters Venus Cycles, which increase Great People generation by +25%, and earns +1 Tourism for every Technology researched but not yet discovered by another Civilization.
  • UU: Konukswu: Replacement for Spearman. Earns Science for defeating enemy Units. +10% Combat Strength during a Venus Cycle.
  • UI: Colossal Heads: Can be constructed by any Great Person, expending the unit. +4 Science as well as an additional yield equal to the type and half the amount of the Great Person's standard Improvement. Does not remove Jungle.
Credits:
  • Leugi: Overall design, art.
  • Tomatekh: Overall design, Code, Map, Pedias, and making this mod
    possible.
  • JanBoruta: Icons
  • Andrew Holt / Charlatan Alley: DOM Voiceover

Fantastic release Leugi and Tomatekh! Long awaited, but well worth it! Looking forward to seeing that unit model in game!

cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, do you still plan to update Argentina?

"plan" is definitely the right word :lol: ... I plan to do so, but I make no promises given my schedule (I will try my hardest, I swear)

Olmecs look awesome! Also, I presume this is the Eva LS being mentioned?

Always, always revise your old leaders. You will improve over time, so its always a good idea to go back to your first experiments and try redoing them. That will give you a sight of how much you have improved:

I thought I had shown new Evita already hehe. But here she is:

If everything goes right, next ones will be Argentina Update and Rio de la Plata.

Fantastic release Leugi and Tomatekh! :D

Quick question: What yields will the Colossal Heads provide if you expend a Great General (assuming we're able to)?

Awesome job Leuigi! Your art skills are bloody fantastic, and the Olmecs look like a more fun Myan Civ :p

Do you plan to make all your civs updated for JFD's gameplay mods like Rise to Power and Cities in Development? I really want to play with more SA civs without risk of CTDs

Awesome job Leuigi! Your art skills are bloody fantastic, and the Olmecs look like a more fun Myan Civ :p

Do you plan to make all your civs updated for JFD's gameplay mods like Rise to Power and Cities in Development? I really want to play with more SA civs without risk of CTDs

DontSaySwears.gif :p

What stuff needs updating for them? They've all got internal CulDiv support iirc, and that's the only one that will cause big problems.

The high lord of the Andes has returned!

Banter aside. Glad to see the Olmecs released, that UA has a very Tomatekh touch to it, and the uniques are very Leugi-like, so good news all around.

BTW, PM me once you decide to update Chile, as I'm sort of doing a civ split so... just to not step on each other's toes.

Top Bottom