GPuzzle's Civs

I remember why now! Well, the best change is a free Courthouse after the Forum is built, actually, so that way you can use it with Cities you settle and play peacefully (if expansive).

So I've posted this in r/Civ, and now I'm wondering wheter is it too OP or not. Any ideas? I'll probably adjust the percentages sooner rather than later if it is OP.

I decided to help out, i tried my best to make them look good for you.

Civ Icons
Spoiler :

Leaderscreen
Spoiler :

Icon Atlas
Spoiler :

Thanks a lot, man! I'll probably get that one up by July, probably, but thanks a lot already!

Kill it! Kill it with fir- Oh. Nevermind, it's just a leaderscreen. That said, it's going to have such an awful constrast with Jan's amazing art (seriously, thanks Janboruta and JFD for letting me use the old Julius art for this) that I really have to step up my game.

Spoiler :

Really? Thanks a lot - I'm a good and decent at Unit/Building Icons, but I just completely suck at everything else.

If it's not too much, a Leaderscreen for good ol' Julius Caesar would be nice.

Reworked his uniques a bit, I thought they might be a little bit too OP initially.

UA: Render Unto Caesar: Gain a Golden Age upon capturing a Capital City. During Golden Ages, recieve +1 Production for every 2 Citiziens and Occupied Unhappiness is removed.

UU: Praetor: Great General replacement. If garrisoned on a city, Golden Ages become +10% longer.

UU: Ballista: Catapult replacement. +2 Strength. Indirect Fire.

Per 2 Citiziens, I apparently got it wrong. Still, it's pretty strong.

Just thought I'd toss out my support;

If you need leader art, and can't find any decent source images for photo-manipulation, I can create something for you from scratch. I'm by no means Da Vinci, but here's the leader image WIP I have for a mod I'm in the process of putting together as a bit of an example:

Spoiler :

And here's one I did that's actually complete:

Spoiler :

So, if you absolutely need something that can't be Photoshopped together, let me know, and I'll see if I can whip something up for you (FYI, it does take a few days to a week/week and a half to actually complete one of them)

Eh, can someone do a write-up of the Civilopedia for me? I'm entering test week (Corpus Christi is around the corner, and my school is Catholic, so we're getting those two days off, but tests start tommorow, go all the way to Friday, stop for the weekend, restart on Monday and go until Wednesday), and I can't find the time to properly research Julius Caesar, the Praetors as well as the Forum.

I could do the write ups for Rio Grande, I actually think I have a civilopedia-esque description for the Farrapo around here somewhere...

Yeah, I need that too. I've been reworking Rio Grande more and more until I'm satisfied with it.

Right. I'll better wait until it's more settled down. Farrapo for sure gotta be it, but the other unique is certainly still up to debate.

You saw the last design I made for it in the Design Thread, right?

Well, it's the fine-tuning phase. Right now:

UA: Glorious Decade: Units gain a combat bonus while attacking as well as gaining Golden Age points on kill if a Great Person is born during war - the bonus lasts until you no longer are at war. +5 Experience from Pastures.

UU: Farrapo: Cavalry replacement. Can construct Pastures. Units that start their turn adjacent to it gain +1 Movement. Shares movement with Great Generals.

UB: Estancia: Granary replacement. +1 Food and +1 Production from Horses, Sheep and Cattle. During Golden Ages, gain +25% Great Person generation in that city.

Wow, it really does look fine tuned now, the experience from Pastures bit is the only part that seems a bit over the top, maybe it could be removed altogether.

I think that keeping a small bonus with Pastures would be nice. Besides, I think that at max you will be working 4-5 Pastures, which isn't really OP.

Top Bottom