Civilizations by ldvhl

Not the TXT_Key problem however, your Civ Atlas' are weird. Non of them have alpha layers. Also fill in that blank background black on both the 256 and 128 atlas'
EDIT: Neither do your Alpha Atlas', They don't have alpha layers either.

On another note, I don't like the White/Black colour scheme but that's just me and I'll probably change it myself when it's offically released.

You still have spaces rather than underscores for the last three tags in ldvhl_Squamish_GameText.xml, which is probably causing the game to just toss that file and all the text in it out, since only alphanumeric characters and underscores are allowed in text tags. As for the icons - I just noticed that the art defines file is referencing e.g. "ldvhlAmalekAtlas_256" whereas your actual files are logically named "ldvhlSquamishAtlas_256".

Thank you for the help, Specialize and Klisz. I made progress thanks to you.

Most of the icons show up now, except they don't have transparent backgrounds. I selected 1-bit alpha when I saved the files this time, so I'm not sure what I did wrong.

The text keys are still all wrong though. :(

Here's the file for troubleshooting if anybody's still willing to help: https://www.dropbox.com/s/laehfoud1wfkql7/Squamish%20by%20ldvhl%20%28v%201%29.zip?dl=0

So far as the white-and-black color scheme, the three major colors in Squamish art are white, black, and red. Red's used a lot in Civ V by other civs already and the only other civ I'm aware of that uses a white-black scheme is a really old Germany mod, so I went white-black for the Squamish.

So I notice the 256x256 atlas has an Alpha layer ow but the whole thing is white with no black to actually cut out the background. Also always save DDS files as (DXT3 ARGB 8 bpp | explicit alpha) at least that's how I was always told to save them and never had issue.

On the note of the White/Black scheme, Gedemo's Brittany also uses it.

So all the icons are working now, but transparencies still aren't. And no idea how to fix the text key errors.

I'm going to take a week or so off because this is really upsetting me and don't want to deal with it right now.

So all the icons are working now, but transparencies still aren't. And no idea how to fix the text key errors.

I'm going to take a week or so off because this is really upsetting me and don't want to deal with it right now.

Send it over and I'll see what I can spot.

I might just be blind but I'm missing a TXT_KEY_CIVILIZATION_LDVHL_SQUAMISH_ADJECTIVE and a TXT_KEY_CIVILIZATION_LDVHL_SQUAMISH_SHORT and a TXT_KEY_CIVILIZATION_LDVHL_SQUAMISH.

Oh yes, another thing might be the fact that you've a lot more diplomacy responses than actual text for them. I've no idea what kind of issue this would cause, if any.

senshidenshi said:
Send it over and I'll see what I can spot.

Here's my latest version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/laehfoud1wfkql7/Squamish%20by%20ldvhl%20%28v%201%29.zip?dl=0

DJSHenninger said:
I might just be blind but I'm missing a TXT_KEY_CIVILIZATION_LDVHL_SQUAMISH_ADJECTIVE and a TXT_KEY_CIVILIZATION_LDVHL_SQUAMISH_SHORT and a TXT_KEY_CIVILIZATION_LDVHL_SQUAMISH.

I don't even know where those should be. I thought I copied everything over from the Amalek mod that I used as a template, so I have no idea why that would be missing.

DJSHenninger said:
Oh yes, another thing might be the fact that you've a lot more diplomacy responses than actual text for them. I've no idea what kind of issue this would cause, if any.

So I should delete dialog references I don't have custom dialog for?

I don't know if it matters, but it surely can't hurt to remove something you don't use :p

So all the icons are working now, but transparencies still aren't.

Because you haven't done what I've said in my last post, They have the Alpha layer but the alpha laye ris not difined it's completely white which means nothing is becoming transparent, Compare you Atlas' and AlphaAtlas' with ANY other mod's atlas's alpha layer and you'll instantly see your mistake.

I don't understand what that means? I saved the file in the format you listed (DXT3 ARGB 8 bpp | explicit alpha)?

I don't understand what that means? I saved the file in the format you listed (DXT3 ARGB 8 bpp | explicit alpha)?

You have an alpha layer now (which you didn't before), you need to actually set the Alpha layer to something, They're all almost completely white. Just saving it to the right thing won't mean anything unless the Alpha layer is actually defined.

Here's an Image showing what I mean.

THese are the Alpha layers for the 256x256 Atlas's for both your Squamish and Amalek, 1 of them is correctly ignoring areas (Black) while allowing parts to be seen (White). The other is just essentially letting everything except parts of the actual icons be seen.

So how do I define the alpha layer?

OK, I got the alpha channels working thanks to The Specialize. I'll clean up the dialog list to see if that does something for the TXT_KEY errors I'm getting. I also saw that the Potlatch House isn't showing up, so that's another hurdle to cover before the Squamish can actually be released.

Good news: I was able to clean up a vast majority of the TXT_KEY errors. Only a few remain and I can't seem to track down how to fix them. I uploaded the latest version here if anybody would be willing to take a look and give me some pointers.

I also don't understand why the Potlatch House isn't showing up and need some guidance on that point.

This is the current list of database errors I'm dealing with:

Code:
[325266.859] Invalid Reference on Building_Flavors.BuildingType - "BUILDING_LDVHL_POTLATCH_HOUSE" does not exist in Buildings
[325266.906] Invalid Reference on Civilizations.Adjective - "TXT_KEY_CIVILIZATION_LDVHL_SQUAMISH_ADJECTIVE" does not exist in Language_en_US
[325266.968] Invalid Reference on Civilizations.ShortDescription - "TXT_KEY_CIVILIZATION_LDVHL_SQUAMISH_SHORT" does not exist in Language_en_US
[325267.031] Invalid Reference on Civilizations.Description - "TXT_KEY_CIVILIZATION_LDVHL_SQUAMISH" does not exist in Language_en_US
[325267.031] Invalid Reference on Civilization_BuildingClassOverrides.BuildingType - "BUILDING_LDVHL_POTLATCH HOUSE" does not exist in Buildings
[325267.031] Invalid Reference on Civilization_BuildingClassOverrides.BuildingClassType - "BUILDINGCLASS_AMPHITHEATRE" does not exist in BuildingClasses

Thank you everybody for your patience and assistance.

Well, TXT_KEY_CIVILIZATION_LDVHL_SQUAMISH_ADJECTIVE, TXT_KEY_CIVILIZATION_LDVHL_SQUAMISH_SHORT, and TXT_KEY_CIVILIZATION_LDVHL_SQUAMISH really just don't exist in Language_en_US - you don't have any rows with those tags in your text file. As for the potlatch house, it's BUILDING_AMPHITHEATER and BUILDINGCLASS_AMPHITHEATER, not -RE. Also, in BuildingClassOverrides you have "BUILDING_LDVHL_POTLATCH HOUSE" with a space.

Good news everybody! The Squamish are almost ready for release. Everything seems to be working fine now except for a couple bits of mod compatibility.

The latest version is here.

If people could test it out with YNAEMP to make sure it's working properly there, that would be great. Also, my CIV Traits support doesn't seem to be working. In my tests, it works fine with just CIV 4 Traits and the Squamish loaded, but not other mods. I tried finding a conflict in the logs but couldn't see anything, and the code I'm using looks fine to me.

Thank you everybody for all your support so far!

Erase all the Civ IV trait stuff you have and use this

Code:
/*-**************-*\
Support for Civ IV Leader Traits
\*-**************-*/

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS Leader_SharedTraits (LeaderType, TraitOne, TraitTwo);
INSERT OR REPLACE INTO Leader_SharedTraits (LeaderType,					TraitOne,				TraitTwo) VALUES
										   ('LEADER_LDVHL_SAHPLUK',	'POLICY_FINANCIAL_X',	'POLICY_DIPLOMATIC_X');
UPDATE Leaders SET Description = (CASE WHEN EXISTS(SELECT Type FROM Policies WHERE Type = 'POLICY_FINANCIAL_X' ) THEN 'Sahpluk [ICON_TRADE][ICON_INFLUENCE]' ELSE 'TXT_KEY_LEADER_LDVHL_SAHPLUK' END) WHERE Type = 'LEADER_LDVHL_SAHPLUK';

Should work it worked for me and I had a couple other mods on as well.

Top Bottom