The Remembered: obscure civilizations of interest

Oops. I see what I did there.

Va'a - Replaces Settler - Can embark immediately, +2 movement on water tiles. Double movement cost on land tiles.

Could the same result be done with "-1 Movement, +3 movement while embarked"?

You can keep your design, I was just curious if you came up with same ideas or seen Tahiti and were inspired. :p

You can keep your design, I was just curious if you came up with same ideas or seen Tahiti and were inspired. :p

More of a coincidence really, I was going off the rapid expansion of the Lapita culture :p. I'm happy with my scout idea though.

In other news, Slovenia is almost finished. All I need now is music, very much open to suggestions! (Really, I'm a bit stumped on this one)

Did a Lapita DOM because I was bored.

Blessings of land and sea be upon you, oh 'O Le Tamaita'i, leader of the Lapita people! Your culture is an ancient one, stretching far across the mighty seas of early Melanesia, with sea routes stretching from Papua to as far away as Samoa. Your people were well regarded across the isles of the South Pacific as master traders and craftsmen, and your immaculate pottery and obsidian were much sought after by other tribes. Truly, your culture was the grandest in the Pacific!

Oh great leader, the Lapita are long gone, cast adrift on the seas of time. But voices are calling from the shore, calling for your guidance once more! Will your people rise like a wave as they once did? Will you build a civilization to stand the test of time?

I'm currently in a Pacific Archaeology class,so Lapita has been on my mind lately though I hadn't gotten terribly far in the design. For the UB, I was thinking about a Skull Shrine, a place were the Lapita would have stored the skulls of their ancestors (as far as I'm aware, all the surviving skull shrines are post-Lapita, but there is evidence that the Lapita were collecting ancestral skulls and keeping them somewhere so I thought this would work). It'd be a Shrine that speeds up Settler and / or Recon production in the city.

Aww yeah! These guys are going to be a blast!

Although I'm a very slightly disappointed you didn't use my leader icon :/

Looks great! Good to know you're back again :D

Hmm, Kozolec sounds a tad weak. Maybe some lower production costs would have been nice as well. But I always seem to make things OP, so.. :mischief: UU sounds fine. I wonder how situational the trait is. If fully exploited, it's a very useful one, though :D
Maybe they can start next to a mountain. I believe there was a civ that allowed this, somehow, or at least an increased chance.

Looks great! Good to know you're back again :D

Hmm, Kozolec sounds a tad weak. Maybe some lower production costs would have been nice as well. But I always seem to make things OP, so.. :mischief: UU sounds fine. I wonder how situational the trait is. If fully exploited, it's a very useful one, though :D
Maybe they can start next to a mountain. I believe there was a civ that allowed this, somehow, or at least an increased chance.

In my current playthrough the Kozolec has pretty potent in the early game in terms of getting social policies quickly.

With regards to the trait, they have a hills start bias (which would increase their chances of being near mountains one would hope :p).

Can a mod move this to the New Civs subforum? :D

In my current playthrough the Kozolec has pretty potent in the early game in terms of getting social policies quickly.

With regards to the trait, they have a hills start bias (which would increase their chances of being near mountains one would hope :p).

Can a mod move this to the New Civs subforum? :D

I do think the culture point is actually pretty good, and encourages weirdo culture guys such as myself to prioritise a Granary. A slight production decrease might work as a buff, but I don't think it's necessary.

Congrats and thanks Hiram!

Hi I'm planning a Vanuatu civ centered on Teouma. Do you think it will overlap with your Lapita or will you center it on New Caledonia?

Design overlaps are usually more problematic than geographical ones, I'm pretty sure the two civs will be fine together assuming the designs are different enough ;)

I thought the Lapita were centred on the Bismarck archipelago as well :/
It's also occurred to me the Lapita are only the second-most obscure Oceanic seafaring culture I'm aware of as of now, which makes me somehow proud.

Top Bottom