Senshi's Civs

inb4 CivFanatics Smash Tournament

To be fair I'm probably the only one that plays this competitively but my scene's pretty bad.

Whipped up some Enlightenment Era support for Seonjo. Though I don't know if the Turtle Ship will function exactly as intended with this code since I'm no modder.

Code:
UPDATE Unit_ClassUpgrades
SET UnitClassType = 'UNITCLASS_EE_FIELD_GUN'
WHERE UnitType = 'UNIT_SENSHI_CHONGTONG'
AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM Technologies WHERE Type = 'TECH_EE_FORTIFICATION');

SET UnitClassType = 'UNITCLASS_EE_GALLEON'
WHERE UnitType = 'UNIT_SENSHI_TURTLESHIP'
AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM Technologies WHERE Type = 'TECH_EE_EXPLORATION');

UPDATE Units
SET Combat = 42, Cost = 165
WHERE Type = 'UNIT_SENSHI_TURTLESHIP';

1. Doesn't the Chongtong need stat changes too?

2. Senshi. Why have you created a new unit for the turtle ship?

The Chongtong stays a cannon. That just tells it to upgrade to a Field Gun instead of Artillery.

Whipped up some Enlightenment Era support for Seonjo. Though I don't know if the Turtle Ship will function exactly as intended with this code since I'm no modder.

Code:
SET UnitClassType = 'UNITCLASS_EE_FIELD_GUN'
WHERE UnitType = 'UNIT_SENSHI_CHONGTONG'
AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM Technologies WHERE Type = 'TECH_EE_FORTIFICATION');

SET UnitClassType = 'UNITCLASS_EE_GALLEON'
WHERE UnitType = 'UNIT_SENSHI_TURTLESHIP'
AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM Technologies WHERE Type = 'TECH_EE_EXPLORATION');

UPDATE Units
SET Combat = 42, Cost = 165
WHERE Type = 'UNIT_SENSHI_TURTLESHIP';

Thanks, it's much appreciated! Although don't think I didn't see you buff the turtle regardless of whether EE is enabled or not ;)

2. Senshi. Why have you created a new unit for the turtle ship?

Frankly, making a new unit is way easier than changing everything about an old one :p

Thanks, it's much appreciated! Although don't think I didn't see you buff the turtle regardless of whether EE is enabled or not ;)

Ah, I see how that would happen. Probably should plop that technology clause below that section of code :p

Just a heads up, next civ (whichever it is, I haven't really decided) will probably be delayed for a bit while I rush out CL civs :p

I do want to get it out by my birthday, though, which is in three weeks, so hopefully I can get it done by then.

If anyone wants to help out, though, they could do one of the jobs I'm worst at and get me the YnAEMP v24 coordinates for Nanjing, Apia, Naryan-Mar and Tura (Krasnoyarsk Krai).

just find some minor mistakes in seonjoDecision.lua.

line 112: lack a ')'before then

near line 137: two extra end which are not needed

Runtime Error: C:\Users\mache\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\[BNW] Senshi's Korea (Seonjo) (v 1)\Core/SeonjoLua.lua:191: attempt to index global 'capital' (a nil value)

not sure whether it may cause problems

That will.

Just set a local capital = player:GetCapitalCity() early on inside the bracket.

The Chongtong stays a cannon. That just tells it to upgrade to a Field Gun instead of Artillery.

I-That-Uh

... I'll see myself out...

Frankly, making a new unit is way easier than changing everything about an old one :p

Is it? How much have you changed it? I thought the only change was the leader, and maybe the speed. The Great Admiral stuff was just Lua code.

Also regarding EE - you'll need to update the Civilization_UnitClassOverrides to change the Class from Caravel to Galleon.

inb4 CivFanatics Smash Tournament

Well, isn't that what The World According to Modders is for? :p

Also, congratulations on your first release, Senshi! I do like the synergy for both Seonjo and the redesigned Sejong.

Congratulations on the release Senshi. I point out some minor balancing issues in this showcase, but it's a really good mod nonetheless.

Congratulations on the release Senshi. I point out some minor balancing issues in this showcase, but it's a really good mod nonetheless.

Thanks! But I have noticed a couple of errors, pluses when there should be minuses and the sort, which would probably impact the balance :p

Okay, so I should have a little bit of time this week to work on my next mod, so I'd really like to hammer out stuff for Samoa! Here's my current design, I'd like to get some feedback:

Samoa
Leader: Malietoa Savea
City List: Apia, Pago Pago, Tafuna, Vaitele, Nu'uuli, Faleasiu, Vailele, Ili'ili, Le'auva'a, Fale'ula, Aua, Malie, Pava'ia'i, Siusega, Vaiusu, Nu'u, Aua, Fasito'outa, Afega, Laulii, Nofoali'i, Vaitogi, Faleniu, Fagatogo, Solosolo, Fagali'i, Manono Uta, Falefa, Fasito'otai, Vailoatai, Matavai, Malaeimi, Mapusagafou, Gatavai, Faga'alu
Start Bias: Coastal
Cul Div: Oceanic
Civ IV Traits: Expansive/Seafaring
Religion: Tala-e-Fonua (Catholicism in base game)
Icon: FF7B0A
BG: 031066 (Colours stolen from Tahiti in Paradise Found)
Symbol

UA: Navigator Islands
Coastal tiles in your territory act as sources of Fresh Water. Embarked Workers and Work Boats may build Roads on coastal tiles.

UU: Nifo'oti
Slightly cheaper than the Warrior, which it replaces, the Nifo'oti may embark immediately and receives the Amphibious promotion. In addition, it has access to the "Soga'imiti" promotion upon levelling up, increasing its combat strength by 20% when stationed adjacent to a source of Fresh Water.

UB: Fale Tele
Unlike the Harbour, which it replaces, the Fale Tele is cheaper and available earlier, at Theology. In addition, it costs no maintenance and increases city growth by 15% when connected to the capital with roads.

I'd really like to get some version of these guys out by my birthday on the 24th, so completing the design and getting lua is my top priority. Oh, and if you lot have any ideas for decisions I'd love to hear them.

I really like it! I gotta say, it's pretty damn imaginative while still simple to understand. Reminds me a lot of the Kuikuro in that sense. I could also probably hammer out a map for them if you don't already have anyone lined up to make one.

Also, the background of the Ceremony policy tree from Paradise Found could make a really sweet icon for the Nifo'oti. The Fire Dance in Samoa was TRADITIONALLY preformed with the Nifo'oti, though it was particularly dangerous.

Top Bottom